Has anyone received a ZPM or ZPN obc after they booked?

Hflors

Dh and I went on Amsterdam until Jan 5th. We booked a cruise the end of Jan for us and got the credit at the time we booked. Then two weeks my sisters asked me to book a cruise for us "girls". Well I found one and it took a week of "if she is going, I'm going, but if she decided not to go I'm not going." kind of thing. (you need to have sisters to understand) well this past Wednesday (two hours before our hold expired) everyone decided to go. While I was on the line with HAL I asked them if our TA would get a commission on this cruise if we booked with her. They said yes so I hung the phone up and called the TA. (Believe me we got such a good deal on this last minute cruise I just wasn't sure) The TA asked the booking # and all the other info. She called me back in a couple of minutes and said she was sorry that she wasn't able to give us a discount because her comm. was so low she just couldn't afford it. I told her I was sure before I called that we wouldn't be discounted, but we have dealt with her for several years and as long as she could get some kind of comm. that was fine.

Anyway in all the back and forth I forgot to ask for the OBC. Yesterday I got an E-mail from HAL thanking us for our last cruise and noting the discount. That was sure a "DUH" moment for me. So after all this my question is.

Can I now claim the ZPM or ZPN code for an obc? Can you get this code OBC for two bookings?

The TA says she will call HAL on Monday. I just figured someone here would know the answer.

Thanks

Helen

Dh and I went on Amsterdam until Jan 5th. We booked a cruise the end of Jan for us and got the credit at the time we booked. Then two weeks my sisters asked me to book a cruise for us "girls". Well I found one and it took a week of "if she is going, I'm going, but if she decided not to go I'm not going." kind of thing. (you need to have sisters to understand) well this past Wednesday (two hours before our hold expired) everyone decided to go. While I was on the line with HAL I asked them if our TA would get a commission on this cruise if we booked with her. They said yes so I hung the phone up and called the TA. (Believe me we got such a good deal on this last minute cruise I just wasn't sure) The TA asked the booking # and all the other info. She called me back in a couple of minutes and said she was sorry that she wasn't able to give us a discount because her comm. was so low she just couldn't afford it. I told her I was sure before I called that we wouldn't be discounted, but we have dealt with her for several years and as long as she could get some kind of comm. that was fine.

Anyway in all the back and forth I forgot to ask for the OBC. Yesterday I got an E-mail from HAL thanking us for our last cruise and noting the discount. That was sure a "DUH" moment for me. So after all this my question is.

Can I now claim the ZPM or ZPN code for an obc? Can you get this code OBC for two bookings?

The TA says she will call HAL on Monday. I just figured someone here would know the answer.

Thanks

Helen

these acronyms are getting ridiculous......ZPM ZPN DUH OBC...why not talk plain English?

these acronyms are getting ridiculous......ZPM ZPN DUH OBC...why not talk plain English?

ZPM and ZPN is plain English to those who are knowledgable about HAL. They are discount codes HAL provides for guests who book a cruise within a stated time after they finish a cruise. I think it is 60 days. HAL sends a Welcome Back e-mail, sometimes to some people, offering the code. If you know about the code but do not get the e-mail, you can request it and it is usually granted.

As to Duh....... most of us know that is a slang sort of word used in common conversation. It's meaning is....... what am I stupid??? :D

Just ask; we're happy to answer questions. ;)

What she wrote is plain English and not ridiculous. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Just got an e-mail from ta. HAL has given me the obc. It's not a lot, but enough for a nice bottle of wine for us girls!

:) Very happy you are getting the discount. It sure was worth asking!! Enjoy the wine. :)

As Sails seven seas explained ZPN & ZPH are codes Hal uses for certain discounts.. Duh is used by many to denote "I feel like a Dunce"..

OBC is On Board Credit which many cruise lines give you..

Many people use acronyms on the net.. If you are unsure what something means, perhaps you would like to download "Net acronyms" or ask someone on this board to explain what they mean..

People have been using net lingo & acronyms for many years..As an airline employee I had to learn pages & pages of acronyms to send our telex messages to our offices & to Europe..Therefore when I first went on the net & this HAL board, I downloaded all the acronyms & learned to use the ones which most posters use on this board..

It saves time to use acronyms, so don't expect others to change their posts because you don't know what they mean..:D

Take a look at these text acronyms/shorthand..

http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

ZPM and ZPN is plain English to those who are knowledgable about HAL. They are discount codes HAL provides for guests who book a cruise within a stated time after they finish a cruise. I think it is 60 days. HAL sends a Welcome Back e-mail, sometimes to some people, offering the code. If you know about the code but do not get the e-mail, you can request it and it is usually granted.

As to Duh....... most of us know that is a slang sort of word used in common conversation. It's meaning is....... what am I stupid??? :D

Just ask; we're happy to answer questions. ;)

What she wrote is plain English and not ridiculous. :)

Thanks Sail for your explanation. I hope the person asking has had an opportunity to learn something.

I sometimes have trouble with the texting abbreviations some people use and I simply ask. To my memory, someone has always given me the 'long form'. :) All one need do is ask. :)

I'm happy you got the discount. You should have.

I understand the frustration of not knowing all the "shorthand" we use on this board. Its easy for the people on here alot to forget that not everyone knows what they mean.

I try (but do not always succeed) to provide translations for the symbols I use, unless it has already been defined in early posts of the topic. I will try to do a better job on this.

I understand the frustration of not knowing all the "shorthand" we use on this board. Its easy for the people on here alot to forget that not everyone knows what they mean.

I try (but do not always succeed) to provide translations for the symbols I use, unless it has already been defined in early posts of the topic. I will try to do a better job on this.

Thanks Dave. In reading this, I knew what "OBC" and "Duh" meant but I have to admit, as an infrequent HAL cruiser, had no clue what ZPM and ZPN were. I guess I'm not that knowledgeable about HAL because those two acronyms were not plain English to me! :o

Edited by joepeka

It might be a timely reminder to us all to stop using the shorthand.:)

ZPN and ZPM are not shorthand. They are the actual Codes assigned by HAL.

But I do agree with you the abbreviations sometimes get out of hand. I cannot always figure out what they mean and it is a bit presumptuous IMO, particularly when someone uses abbreviation specific to a particular profession or line of work. Why would anyone not involved in something so specific be familiar with them.

Thanks Dave. In reading this, I knew what "OBC" and "Duh" meant but I have to admit, as an infrequent HAL cruiser, had no clue what ZPM and ZPN were. I guess I'm not that knowledgeable about HAL because those two acronyms were not plain English to me! :o

ZPM & ZPN are not acronyms/abbreviations! They are codes which HAL uses to give discounts.. These two codes are in plain English & can't be explained by anyone on this board.. They are mentioned in the HAL Welcome Back e-mail you will get after you complete your cruise..You are instructed to use these codes when you book within a certain time in order to get your HAL OBC (On board Credit) If you do a search on this board you will see at least 2 pages of threads explaining ZPM & ZPN codes..

However, don't be ashamed to ask what something means if you don't understand it, such as OBC, DH DW etc..

When one uses the internet it helps if they would take the time to try to understand & learn net lingo..

My Grandkids & several Friends have I-phones & want me to get one..They text all the time & use many more acronyms which I guess I'll have to learn if I want to talk to them..

Edited by serendipity1499

:) Just ask.

I can almost guarantee someone will be happy to provide the meaning of the 'shorthand'.

I called HAL to add this and they told me Expedia had to call them. I was on hold a while but $100 OBC has been posted.

Thank you for posting this. I thought being already booked I would just have to book another cruise onboard to use this:)

I called HAL to add this and they told me Expedia had to call them. I was on hold a while but $100 OBC has been posted.

Thank you for posting this. I thought being already booked I would just have to book another cruise onboard to use this:)

Glad you got it! You do not have to book onboard to get this promotion email - in fact, you are more likely to get it (I think) if you do not book on board. Just wait about 2 weeks after you return from your cruise and you should get the email from HAL.

I'm sad that I have never gotten the "Welcome back" e-mail nor succeeded bagging the ZPM offer code. Did my most recent booking 2 weeks ago, did a courtesy hold and then called HAL to apply my FCD and also tried to have them apply ZPM, but they said "the code didn't go through in the booking engine". They said that if I get the e-mail later, I can call back to them, but this seems unlikely now when I already have a reservation. However I'm European and book through HAL's European website.

I'm sad that I have never gotten the "Welcome back" e-mail nor succeeded bagging the ZPM offer code. Did my most recent booking 2 weeks ago, did a courtesy hold and then called HAL to apply my FCD and also tried to have them apply ZPM, but they said "the code didn't go through in the booking engine". They said that if I get the e-mail later, I can call back to them, but this seems unlikely now when I already have a reservation. However I'm European and book through HAL's European website.

I think I would contact HAL via this link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/Main.action

and let them know what is going on. They may be able to give you the credit and may also fix the problem, which might just be an agent that needs to be instructed on what the benefit is.

Great you got the OBC. Was worth the call! :)

Greetings from USA. I noticed you are planning HAL Zuiderdam in Jul 2016 to Norway/Iceland. We're looking at that sail as well yet some pre-booking concerns about condition of Zuiderdam. Several CC posts as well as other similar cruise info sites suggest "2015 renovations" on this 2002 vessel are not as thorough or complete as the phrase "renovation" suggests. Inoperative cabin lavatory facilities, worn and stained cabin carpets, rusted deck sightings in numerous locations throughout the ship, on-going obvious maintenance during sailing schedule to name a few. Your thoughts?

I think I would contact HAL via this link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/Main.action

and let them know what is going on. They may be able to give you the credit and may also fix the problem, which might just be an agent that needs to be instructed on what the benefit is.

As I said, I called them (the US phone number), and it didn't help. But thanks for the advice :)

Edited by Laurino