Captain's Club # Not Recognised

colingu

When I attempt to complete the online checkin the system does not recognise my Captain's Club number and the lookup function also fails- even though I am accessing the checkin via My Celebrity.

I've contacted Celebrity who spoke to the Captain's Club who said there is an issue with their IT, managed to add the number which then disappeared again right in from of both my and the operator's eyes!

Anyone else having issues Celebrity recognising their Captain Club's #? Also, if it can't be entered before the cruise, can it be added at the port or onboard as I don't want to miss out on any of the onboard amenities my status deserves?

When I attempt to complete the online checkin the system does not recognise my Captain's Club number and the lookup function also fails- even though I am accessing the checkin via My Celebrity.

I've contacted Celebrity who spoke to the Captain's Club who said there is an issue with their IT, managed to add the number which then disappeared again right in from of both my and the operator's eyes!

Anyone else having issues Celebrity recognising their Captain Club's #? Also, if it can't be entered before the cruise, can it be added at the port or onboard as I don't want to miss out on any of the onboard amenities my status deserves?

GASP! Really??? A Celebrity IT issue??? Unbelievable! :eek:

You can contact Captains Club directly, they will sort it out. We had an issue with our numbers and they were able to help (after few attempts and escalation to CC Director Lee :mad:)

Well Celebrity have now escalated it up at IT, especially after they saw the # disappear right in front of their eyes, and in fact the system didn't recognise the # at all! Told to wait a couple of weeks - luckily all the other info is entered and correct and the cruise is still some time away.

Edited by colingu

Well Celebrity have now escalated it up at IT, especially after they saw the # disappear right in front of their eyes, and in fact the system didn't recognise the # at all! Told to wait a couple of weeks - luckily all the other info is entered and correct and the cruise is still some time away.

Hope they can escalate to an outside IT company as their has absolutely no #%#$^ clue.

Couple of rules with the website - try it one time then move on with a phone call. Make you reservation with Celebrity then move it for additional OBC to your TA.

I too had the same issue last week. I called Captain's Club, and my number was verified, along with my CC status.

The gentleman I spoke with said that the IT problems were being "worked out"...whatever that means!

Three weeks back my wife was checking us in and had the same problem. Our Captains Club number was not recognized. So we called Celebrity. After being on hold for 20 minutes that operator verified our number was correct but the res system still did not recognize it. She was then transferred to another dept. An hour (yes and hour) later was then told there was nothing they could do because we didn't book through them and had to go back to who we booked through. That made no sense but had no other options. Hated calling the TA as that place just takes a message and they might call back in a day or so. She tried check in later and then our number went through. Seems to be a glitch they don't want to tell you about. Just try again after some time has passed.

Not sure why Celebrity can't get their website to function. We had no issues with NCL, Carnival or Princess recently.

Do you have any thing after your last name? I am a "II" second, and tho it is in the booking, it is not recognized by the program that blends booking with CC #'s. All our cruise's and point show up in 'My Celebrity' tho. Yes weird and strange. As long as it is on your booking conformation you ""SHOULD BE"" :eek: okie dokie.

We have had three different Cc numbers with no information each time ,when asked why they blamed my TA ,after speaking to them three times in one morning they were going to get back to us ....that was eight days ago,still no explanation ...hopeless ...forget it !!!

I had that problem at check-in & called the on-line help. After 58 mins & 32 sec on hold, the guy that picked up told me to continue check-in without entering it because there was an issue with that link & he says he verified it was in the reservation. He said it hasn't been working right since last October. Those of us that had complete on-line profiles had the CC# show up automatically. If you do not enter the CC#, or it isn't there automatically, your level will not show when you print your XPress Pass. I don't know if it matters to anyone but seeing the level on the XPress Pass is how they have directed us to a specific check-in line. In our case, his cabin-mate had a completed profile so they would proceed together anyway.

Aside - when I finally talked to the guy, I told him how long I waited - just for his info, not nasty at all - he told me his screen showed over 250 lines on hold to talk to some one in on-line help. I never cease to be amazed that this is business that depends on their web-site working & when it isn't, the wait for assistance is more than most people would put up with - perhaps go to another cruise line.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I just booked my 1st cruise with Celebrity. I got an email with my DH's new CC number. I entered it and then called to have a CC number created for me. The rep had my number added to the reservation. I saw both earlier now they've disappeared. I keep entering them, and they keep dropping. WTH?! My sailing isn't for another 398 days, so I guess I'll just relax LOL

Edited by TardisDance

I had the mysterious JR appear after my name & I kept getting rejected as "name doesn't match Captains Club number. I couldn't do online checkin or book shore excursions. I called twelve times (hey, I'm persistent) & finally got it fixed (& got some OBC for my trouble).

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I just booked my 1st cruise with Celebrity. I got an email with my DH's new CC number. I entered it and then called to have a CC number created for me. The rep had my number added to the reservation. I saw both earlier now they've disappeared. I keep entering them, and they keep dropping. WTH?! My sailing isn't for another 398 days, so I guess I'll just relax LOL

The website will likely not work on a return visit if you do not logout. By the way you do not need it for anything. We simply arrive with our contract in hand at the pier. hand our luggage to the porter and let the clerk handle the rest. one attempt on line then move on.

Just check every now and again to see if it works, otherwise call them up.

I'll put up with a sorry ill functioning web site, but a great on ship product, every day, over a wonderful web site and just average on ship product delivery.

Agreed, although it would be nice if you could have both and the website worked properly as well.

I'll put up with a sorry ill functioning web site, but a great on ship product, every day, over a wonderful web site and just average on ship product delivery.

Why should you have to choose?