Carnival Cut backs I noticed, that I had expected. Thought I'd share.

TORQ

While we enjoyed these the last one we attended on the Splendor left DH sick for the rest of the night and with a hang over the next day. He would have probably enjoyed the cruise more with out it:D.

Ch...ch....ch...changes. I prefer to think of these things as changes not cut backs. You pay for what they are offering you today not yesterday. Things are added (Guys Burgers, Movies under the Stars, Brunch, Taste Bar, etc) and dropped (Sushi, chocolates, Past Guest Party, etc) all the time, not just on Carnival but on all cruise lines. It is up to you the purchaser to do your research in order to decide what best suits your needs and wants today. Carnival still suits us. Those changes you listed mean very little to us when deciding which ship to cruise.

Oh yes Carnival works fine for us as well, we've done (10) with them and were booked for our (11th) and we were buying our case of water and unlimited bubbles last night[emoji106] And you're absolutely right! You pay for what they're offering you now, not what they offered you yesterday I believe that the point here is, that they're offering you less. And the taste bar is nice, it gives you a sample of the hors d'oeuvres that you once got, at the past guest get together's! Yet it was only open one night, out of our seven day cruise. We walked by it every night to get a martini at the martini bar that's just passed it on the left prior to the piano bar. So so much for the tasting bar. And the movies, under the stars, that screen on the deck would be playing something anyway, so why not throw a movie on? And as far as the burger joint, honestly know speaking for myself. Honestly I'm not into Grease, and by mid-day the floor over that way is to the point. Where you need to Pay attention, or you will slip and break a hip, and I'm not kidding! Ask me how I know? But I didn't break my hip! I'll walk port side, better footing over there. But it's all good some are into, greasy burgers I just prefer fresh sushi. Oh here's a bet I'd take. Those changes they did... Enhanced there margin easily! And I understand, you can't please all the people all the time. And we will continue to cruise with Carnival, we've always had a great time with them. No Joke! I'd bet with the 10 we have all ready done with them, not counting the one we booked for Oct. we've spent $30,000 with them. I just hope that, there customer service stays the way it was yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by TORQ

They are mostly a Carnival cutback. Other cruise lines have been taking advantage of this, but increasing what they offer while keeping prices the same.

All of the cruise lines have been steadily making cutbacks to try to keep cruise fares low. We've sailed a variety of lines and each time we do we notice cutbacks - but I'd rather see small cutbacks than pay higher fares.

I think the Tablecloth issue is related to the American Table menus. From what my vague memory holds, if the ship switched to American Table menus they take away the tablecloths.

True except only if the tables have been replaced with nice looking ones.

Just sailed the Liberty 7-Feb-16 for the 3rd. time, and noticed these things that are now History.

1) No more chocolate at night on your rack.

2) No more items in your bathroom, just bar soap and the 2 liquids in the shower.

3) Promenade deck Sushi at 5pm. is history.

4) Maitre' D no longer comes to any table on your cruise.

5) No more table cloths, or neatly folded napkins at diner. Table cloths are only formal nights now.

6) Pass guest get together's, with drinks and hors d'oeuvres History! Was told only for Carnival Platinum members now.

These have been gone for over a year..... LOL at the sushi that may have been even two. Now its the taste bar

What you said :D

My cruise in 17 days was $1135 total for a 7 day cruise for 3 people in a balcony. No complaints here..

None of the items you mentioned had or have any bearing on my enjoyment of a cruise. Times change, food fads are not always consistent, table cloths aren't used in most fine restaurants these days, I no longer have to tip a maitre'd separately, the free samples having gone missing are more of a function of the suppliers who probably feel that weren't a good marketing effort, and I never attended those boring parties anyway.

And since I pretty much pay the same for a cruise now as I did 10 years ago even after inflation I applaud Carnival for keeping their prices in-line by getting rid of the superfluous stuff that don't mean much to me.

The waiters don't come around with the fresh grated Parm for the Caesar salad anymore either. Matter of fact, I like the Caesar salad from the pizza place better than the salad in the MDR!

That's odd. They did the grated Parmesan for all the pasta dishes, we didn't order the Caesar. .

That's odd. They did the grated Parmesan for all the pasta dishes, we didn't order the Caesar. .

Didn't do that for the salad on the Liberty or the Pride last year. Haven't ordered any pasta dishes that I can remember, so not sure if they came by with fresh cheese for those items.

Table clothes... I am the one that usual spills something on it

Chocolates. I like the dark chocolate and must be good kind too.

Maitre D' he just talks .... hoping for an extra tip...

I like my own hygiene stuff.. but do take it and give it to my patients in the nursing home or get enough from traveling and donate it to the homeless shelter.

Shushi picky about who and where I eat it... too many stories.

But in all reality there are cut backs every where..

Just got off RCCL and they had a lot of cutbacks as well...

I try to make lemonade out of lemons....

Just blessed I can cruise, relax and just have fun....

That is the way I like to look at it as well.

While we enjoyed these the last one we attended on the Splendor left DH sick for the rest of the night and with a hang over the next day. He would have probably enjoyed the cruise more with out it:D.

Ch...ch....ch...changes. I prefer to think of these things as changes not cut backs. You pay for what they are offering you today not yesterday. Things are added (Guys Burgers, Movies under the Stars, Brunch, Taste Bar, etc) and dropped (Sushi, chocolates, Past Guest Party, etc) all the time, not just on Carnival but on all cruise lines. It is up to you the purchaser to do your research in order to decide what best suits your needs and wants today. Carnival still suits us. Those changes you listed mean very little to us when deciding which ship to cruise.

Didn't do that for the salad on the Liberty or the Pride last year. Haven't ordered any pasta dishes that I can remember, so not sure if they came by with fresh cheese for those items.

Sunshine last month offered fresh grated cheese for both Caesar salads and pasta dishes.

On our cruise last May I noticed they cancelled the past guest party but we did receive vouchers for a free drink for each person in our cabin. Has anyone else received this?

It's now for platinum and diamond guests. It's on every cruise 5 nights or longer. Better drinks and the captain and crew mingled with us.

cruising 10 plus years ago used to be so much better, so special. Now cruising is starting to feel like Walmart. NOT special...I think my next vacation will be a land one in a tropical place

The more you do anything like a cruise, the less special it becomes. We have only cruised 3 times, the first in 2012. And no doubt, the second one just did not have the initial excitement and dare I say "awe" of the first one.

When you know the cruise line rules, policies and itineraries better than the employees, its probably time for something else.

From all of the posts I have been reading, appears that the trend in these "cutbacks", are going to be a continual process? Just like the airlines, the cruise ship companies are saving millions in fuel costs. Neither of those are passing on their monumental savings, to the traveler!

Historically, they didn't hesitate to raise prices!

Why in the world should Carnival pass along the savings from lower fuel to the customers? They are a business...and their top priority is to maximize profit. As long as the ships are sailing full at current fares, no reason to reduce them. And all the stock holders here have to be glad about that!

I still love cruising but we finally tried an all inclusive last year and that was very nice as well. Some things we liked better, some things we didn't. It is nice to change things up every now and then though, go for it!

cruising 10 plus years ago used to be so much better, so special. Now cruising is starting to feel like Walmart. NOT special...I think my next vacation will be a land one in a tropical place

Hmmm, I don't cruise other lines much, but what I've noticed lately is NCL and RCL cruisers really upset about increased prices for items onboard, like drinks and such. And, on NCL in particular, charging for venues that used to be free, like Jimmy Buffetts Margaritaville on Escape. They also say the free food is bad and no lobster there at all in the free restaurants. So, probably, yeah, across the budget lines, anyway.

On NCL last week...there is now a $7.95 room service charge for anything besides continental breakfast...still chocolates in the beds..drinks WAY up from a year ago..it is now $42 inc gratuity for a bucket of beer..mixed drinks $10-$12. Liked the promotions of free all you can drink or free specialty restaurants otherwise I would not PAY for food. However...my first cruise was 1977..paid $800 for an inside cabin...this time $900 for a balcony.....food is not as good anymore but with the inflation since then not so bad!!!!