Royal app on Anthem

DonnaK

Is it called Royal IQ? How do I download it? Before I sail, or once onboard?

What is is good for? Just tracking luggage (we are only using carry ons)?

(I am very technology challenged, so I need step by step instructions)

Edited by DonnaK

Is it called Royal IQ? How do I download it? Before I sail, or once onboard?

What is is good for? Just tracking luggage (we are only using carry ons)?

(I am very technology challenged, so I need step by step instructions)

You can download pre-cruise from the Apple store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/royal-iq/id916865548?ls=1&mt=8

You can download pre-cruise from the Apple store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/royal-iq/id916865548?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks Bob!

What does this app offer, beside luggage tracking? Since we won't be needing luggage tracking, I don't know if I will need this app.

Is it free?

Edited by DonnaK

Download the app for you specific phone.

It will work once you get on the ship. and yes it will track your bags. Also it keeps track of anything you have booked,dinner ,shows, and I think even spa appointments. one of the best features is that it has the cruise compass on it as well.

Has this app been upgraded to include Android devices? When we sailed on the Quantum OTS, it had just come out and was only for Apple devices. They said that Android would be included in the future. Looks like an interesting app to have with lots of functionality.

We sailed on the Anthem TA, and thought the app was pretty useful.

1. Download the app before you board

2. Luggage tracking is a gimmick, it didn't work on either end of the cruise for us nor for others on board; probably fun when it works, but it's the least of what the app can do

3. The app was great for making reservations, seeing activities, having your daily calendar with you, etc.

4. No internet plan needed, the app works on the ship's internal wi-fi network

5. The app could be even more useful if Royal would do things like post the menus, deck plans, etc.

No you don't need an internet package. You just connect to their WiFi. If I remember correctly you can download the app while onboard too.

You need internet to download the app. That's the reason to download it at home.

You don't need internet to use it on board.

But internet isn't expensive: $15 a day for one device. $22.50 for two devices.

VOOM internet is as fast or faster than your home connection!

They provide you with a restricted internet connection that allows access to the app stores and also their websites while out at sea.

That was the case on the two cruises I've been on with Voom.

To be clearer, I mean two cruises I've been on with Royal IQ / VOOM capability. You didn't need to have paid for a VOOM internet package.

Not at the moment. Currently only Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas according to the RC website.

I'm guessing it will come to more ships as they roll out VOOM to the remainder of their fleet.

Lots more info here https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royaliq

Edited by -Sulli-

Has this app been upgraded to include Android devices? When we sailed on the Quantum OTS, it had just come out and was only for Apple devices. They said that Android would be included in the future. Looks like an interesting app to have with lots of functionality.

Yes you can download it on android devices.

We sailed on the Anthem TA, and thought the app was pretty useful.

1. Download the app before you board

2. Luggage tracking is a gimmick, it didn't work on either end of the cruise for us nor for others on board; probably fun when it works, but it's the least of what the app can do

3. The app was great for making reservations, seeing activities, having your daily calendar with you, etc.

4. No internet plan needed, the app works on the ship's internal wi-fi network

5. The app could be even more useful if Royal would do things like post the menus, deck plans, etc.

I thought an Anthem review I read recently said you can view the menus on the app...

Can anyone confirm once way or the other

And does anyone know how much the msg function costs if you don't get the internet package

Edited by LilBlackDress

I thought an Anthem review I read recently said you can view the menus on the app...

Can anyone confirm once way or the other

And does anyone know how much the msg function costs if you don't get the internet package

Currently on Anthem and I can view the menus for the specialty & complementary dining venues on the app.

The msg function is $7.95 pp, for all sailings .When you're calling someone on board the phone will vibrate only.

Is this app available on all RCI Ships?

Not at the moment. Currently only Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas according to the RC website.

I'm guessing it will come to more ships as they roll out VOOM to the remainder of their fleet.

Lots more info here https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royaliq

VOOM is on Quantum and Oasis class ships. Oasis, Allure, Anthem and Quantum are currently sailing. Ovation and Harmony come out later this year.

Currently on Anthem and I can view the menus for the specialty & complementary dining venues on the app.

The msg function is $7.95 pp, for all sailings .When you're calling someone on board the phone will vibrate only.

Thank you!!

That's great about the menus. Maybe RCI actually listened to the feedback! :)

Also, replying to an earlier question: even if you have an internet package, you still have to pay if you want to use Royal iQ for the messaging function. They're unrelated.