4 adults to a room?

crcossel

Ok so I'm a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding and the bride wanted to do a cruise for her bachelorette party. The thing is its in July and prices are high. So the other girls all want to do 4 to a room. I think they are nuts and I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it.

So are there any reviews of 4 adults in a room? I tried searching but it didn't work well. If i'm going to explain to these girls I need examples to show.

I've never had four adults. I have done three in an interior room. Two of us were guys, so that may influence things, but it wasn't bad. Of course, I spend very little time in the room. Sleeping, changing clothes....that's about it. With four of you, shower and bathroom space will need to be thought out, but unless you are going to spend a lot of time in the room, which you shouldn't, then I think it would be tight but doable.

Also, full disclosure, I don't care about the room. I always get an interior room that's the cheapest.

Oh yes it would be an interior room. Yes I think it will be hard to get us all in and out. I don't think we would spend a ton of time there but I always think of the room as "base" If its crowded with people just think of the STUFF.

Oh yes it would be an interior room. Yes I think it will be hard to get us all in and out. I don't think we would spend a ton of time there but I always think of the room as "base" If its crowded with people just think of the STUFF.

I think that you can do it. 4 WOMEN, though? That's a lot of STUFF. Just make sure everyone is organized. Maybe appoint a room leader who is super-organized to get everyone on the same page.

Think about it ... it's only a few days, you don't really spend time in your room except to sleep, and you'll have fantastic stories to tell all together.

We have done four near adults (15 and 18 yo kids) in a balcony room. It is definitely doable - better if you can get everyone to clean up after themselves (my daughter leaves everything everywhere). Need one of those over-the-door organizers to keep everything off the small counter and out of the bathroom. Need to keep clothes and shoes to a minimum. I have never cruised in an interior, but I think I heard they are smaller than a balcony room. Whatever you choose, it will be a great deal of fun! Enjoy!

Here's something you may want to consider. This as worked for us many times in the past when we have sailed with 3 persons in the same room.

Book your cabin as close as possible to the spa/gym. The proximity to the gym means you have an extra shower/bathroom facility just steps away from your cabin. Really comes in handy when it's time to get ready for dinner.

Just be cautious about the price. Most times, the cabins (even the interior cabins) on the spa deck are significantly higher. Try one deck lower. Best to check the deck plans.

Ok so I'm a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding and the bride wanted to do a cruise for her bachelorette party. The thing is its in July and prices are high. So the other girls all want to do 4 to a room. I think they are nuts and I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it.

So are there any reviews of 4 adults in a room? I tried searching but it didn't work well. If i'm going to explain to these girls I need examples to show.

I've shared an inside cabin with three women to save money and had a great time, but it's not for everyone. Make sure they know the square footage of the room and that you'll be basically sleeping on two sets of bunks. You'll want to bring extra hangers and hang multiple dresses and shirts on each hanger. Figure out how you'll store your cosmetics and other bathroom supplies, and make a plan for taking turns in the bathroom in the morning, before dinner, and in the evening. Talking about the logistics will either scare them away from sharing one cabin or make you feel less anxious about it.

I would recommend a balcony room as well. They are a bit larger than the standard interior and will have more 'wiggle' room.

Also look carefully at the deck plans for the ship you want to sail on. Sometimes they have larger, odd shaped rooms at corners and such. We got a spa oceanview on The Dream in the front corner. It was nearly the size of two rooms put together with a very large bathroom. Now it was a handicapped room so if someone handicapped needed the space we would have been bumped to a comparable room.

It may take a little research but you may be able to find one that is a bit more comfortable for 4 women.

Have a blast!!!!

We've done it to save money! Take advantage of the spa showers when getting ready for dinner. Organize your belongings, pack lightly, and it should be no problem!

Using the spa to shower and get ready is a huge help. I prefer it to sharing the bathroom with my wife. I just go back to the room after a sauna and shower etc. to get dressed.

One thing to consider is paying a bit extra to do an ocean view. Interiors on most ships are 185 Sq. Ft. Ocean views on most ships are 220 Sq. Ft. What ship are you looking at? If you do a dream class ship, then there are deluxe ocean view cabins with 2 bathrooms. One has a shower, toilet, and sink/mirror, while the other has a tub/shower combo and a sink/mirror.

Either way, it is doable, but it will be cramped.

Gives me chills to think about this!

Some thoughts..have you women ever traveled together? My experience has shown some people don't travel well outside their comfort zone. High maintenance becomes a whole new story.

Have all of the women been on a cruise before?? Do they realize how small the bathrooms are?

Do you girls drink? Some more that others?? Just saying, someone sick in a crowded room could definitely put a damper on things.

I'd really try and spring for only 2 to a room, I think it'd be a lot more fun, and you all would still be speaking at the wedding!

I agree with previous posters that the biggest challenge of four ladies to a room is only having one small bathroom and very little other space to get ready. If you can use the spa facilities, it could work., if you are all close friends and used to sharing quarters.

I have done 3 women in a balcony cabin. It was not too bad. Of course it was 3 sister's. In October I am going with 3 other women, 4 women in a spa balcony cabin so 2 of us will be able to use the spa showers. We will bring extra hangars and an over the door shoe holder to help with storage.

IDK, I would't do it. Have you stayed in a room with these girls before? Because friendships can get a little strained in such close quarters, especially when you start mixing in alcohol...

It can be done.

We cruised with twin teenaged daughters, for about five Caribbean cruises. All in same cabin, and we survived.

The key, IMO, is having a balcony cabin. It provides much more room. I feel an inside cabin would be congested, and negatively impact your cruise experience. It will be a test of your friendship, I will say that.

My first few cruises were all with good friends where we were in an inside cabin with 4 adult women. Here are a few of my suggestions:

1) Make sure to put all your things away. There's enough room to take everything out of your suitcases...each person gets a shelf, part of a drawer, this type of thing.

2) Put your suitcases under the beds. Leaving it unzipped if possible (for next item)

3) When you have dirty laundry, just pull out the suitcase slightly and throw dirty clothes in for temporary storage.

4) You can use the Spa Shower anytime...split up and do this.

The biggest thing I can stress is you have to keep things tidy or it will get out of control.

My favorite part of having us all together was truly just the times getting ready for the evening's and such. It was like we were 12. We did each other's hair and really just had a great time.

IDK, I would't do it. Have you stayed in a room with these girls before? Because friendships can get a little strained in such close quarters, especially when you start mixing in alcohol...

Very true, it could go really well..........or cat fight.

OP, Do you have a problem showering and getting ready in spa and are you able sleep in most conditions? If you can or are willing, do it and save the money.

Edited by fuddrules

No, No and No...not 4 women, never, I guarantee that at least 2 of you (or more) will not be talking by time all is said and done! No joke, its hard for women to get along at any time (think "women working together" there is always someone arguing with someone or talking about someone, gossip etc.) there is no way on earth I would do it. There are many other ways to drink all weekend and act crazy, you could drive to a beach somewhere maybe or rent a party bus/limo and have a night on the town and stay in local hotel. Obviously cost is a factor for all of you if you are thinking about 4 adult women in one tiny inside cabin.

I personally think it is selfish of the bride to expect this expensive endeavor and also think you need to be very honest about the cost factor. I am assuming you are also paying for your dress, a shower, the brides portion of the weekend cruise (this is customary in most cases) and all of the other wedding things that go on.

Good luck with this one!

Edited by Drazil65

They have it right !I would get pricing for 2 cabins. Get the girls together prior to booking to chat about one cabin vs. two pricing. One cabin saves $$ but requires one bag each only due to limited storage, no hanging out in bath doing makeup etc. Listen to 2 Guys!

We did four women in a room for two rooms in an interior on the Freedom. Our room had all the women with long hair and it was great. Just used the storage space, made a schedule and we were all good to go. We had a blast.