4 adults to a room?

crcossel

My husband and I always do this without 2 teenaged sons (both bigger than me.). It's really not bad if you keep the cabin neat. If you don't keep it cleaned up, it might get a little tight. Someone else already mentioned showering in the spa. I've done that once, and it was nice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We always do 4 adults in a cabin. Our favorite is the 220 sq. ft. oceanview cabins. Some, like on the Breeze have a bath and a half. With 4 people the cost comes down considerably if you divide by 4 because the 3rd and 4th person are charged less. You just need to be organized. there is plenty of closet and drawer space. Do not overpack. Bathroom organization will be the most difficult, but with a shoe organizer and if all have their own toiletry kit there are plenty of shelves in the bathroom to have everything separate for people. You can do it!

Ok so I'm a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding and the bride wanted to do a cruise for her bachelorette party. The thing is its in July and prices are high. So the other girls all want to do 4 to a room. I think they are nuts and I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it.

So are there any reviews of 4 adults in a room? I tried searching but it didn't work well. If i'm going to explain to these girls I need examples to show.

Good luck!!!!

We went on one cruise with our son and grandson. That was 4 in a balcony. It is doable but I wouldn't recommend it. As for 4 women in one cabin. I can't even imagine the logistics of showers, make-up etc. I would get two cabins, even if they are interiors

I've done 4 women to a room (granted it was with NCL - interior that was 171 sq ft). We were good friends (2 sisters, and 2 friends). We didn't have a ton of room to play with, but never felt so cramped that we wished we hadn't done it. We even spent quite a bit of time in our cabin watching movies.

It worked for us!

The most I have been in a room with were 3, and those 3 were close family members, but we had one "trouble maker", who made it difficult. Only saving grace was we loved him dearly:D knew his traits, expected as much and forgave him of course!

4 gals in the room, could work, as long as ground rule are laid out, ie; no one gets to use the bathroom for an hour or plus. Get in, do your business, shower, and get out, in time for the next one.

Last summer I went on a land vacation with a very dear friend who I have known for 20yrs or so, yet had never traveled with. Found out she is shivering cold in 100F and in a heat wave, I was not allowed to turn the air condition on, had to sweat it out, with an open window in the room, open to all kinds of bugs, rodents etc, while she shivered under her duvet, and mine. I had a sheet and it was still too warm for me in said heat wave. So we good friends, came to agreement, that we would always be friends, but never going to share a room together again.

I cruise sometimes with friends, but I have to have my own room, and I pay double for that. The only one i can share a cruise ship cabin with for me is my Mom, and unfortunately, we cant leave dad home alone anymore.

sorry, I went on, but just lay out the ground rules. or as someone else has said, try to get a room up by the spa, so some of you can go shower there and free up the bathroom.

Wish you all the best. and a great cruise:)

Hi there

You haven't said how long the cruise is. Are you talking a 3 day weekend party or 7day?

As was said the spa/gym shower/washroom facilities are great. Depending on the ship...use the gym, steam room sauna, maybe hot tub, then go shower and get ready for whatever.

You will be crowded in the cabin but if it's only for 3-4 days, it shouldn't be a big deal.

My big issue would be who sleeps in the bunk beds. It not as much fun as it might have been when you were in camp. If anyone likes it up there, then great, it might work out.

Working out some rules in advance might help. Don't forget an inside cabin is very dark when the lights are out. If a few of you decide to stumble in when the others are sleeping for instance, it may cause some ruffled feathers. You will just have to be considerate.

good luck

have a great cruise

I have shared a cabin a few times with 3 other women in an oceanview cabin. There were two single beds, a coach and a bed in the ceiling over the coach. We each had 2 suitcases, 3 went under each single bed and two went along the wall next to the window. We each took a shelf in the closet and brought extra hangers for clothes. The person who slept on the coach used the 2 drawers under the coach. 3 of us split the drawers and put our shoes in the bottom of each closet. We each brought toiletry bags and made sure everything was placed back in them after each use. We never use the spa bathroom or showers. Before anyone takes a shower we ask if anyone needs to use the toilet. This works out great for us. We always have so much fun together but the key word is don't leave things lying around.

Gives me chills to think about this!

Some thoughts..have you women ever traveled together? My experience has shown some people don't travel well outside their comfort zone. High maintenance becomes a whole new story.

Have all of the women been on a cruise before?? Do they realize how small the bathrooms are?

Do you girls drink? Some more that others?? Just saying, someone sick in a crowded room could definitely put a damper on things.

I'd really try and spring for only 2 to a room, I think it'd be a lot more fun, and you all would still be speaking at the wedding!

On one cruise I was on, we met someone sharing a cabin with a friend, but the cabin mate turned into the friend from Hell. She had no idea how different she was at home and never saw the selfishness until they shared a cabin.

On one cruise I was on, we met someone sharing a cabin with a friend, but the cabin mate turned into the friend from Hell. She had no idea how different she was at home and never saw the selfishness until they shared a cabin.

I've done 4 adults in a balcony cabin twice before. It was fine - we were all friends prior to the trips though and had travelled together before.

So the answer is.......you don't know until you try it;)

• 5 months later...

We had 3 women in an inside room (22, 26, and 27). We didn't spend a whole lot of time in there, the only time it felt crowded was when all 3 of us were trying to get ready for dinner. So we decided an order for showers (basing it off whose hair took longest to dry). Worked for us.

Ok so I'm a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding and the bride wanted to do a cruise for her bachelorette party. The thing is its in July and prices are high. So the other girls all want to do 4 to a room. I think they are nuts and I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it.

So are there any reviews of 4 adults in a room? I tried searching but it didn't work well. If i'm going to explain to these girls I need examples to show.

Yeah you can do this, but you can also poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick. Why in the world would you want to?

We cruise with our two teenage boys who are both over 6'. I find it cheaper to book one balcony cabin for 2 and one interior cabin for 2 (right across the hall) than to book just one balcony for 4. And yeah, this is during the summer. Try some mock bookings...I bet you will find the same. And even if it is a few dollars more, well worth it for twice the space, two bathrooms and everyone gets a bed.

It can be done but I personally wouldn't do it. Last cruise we put our two teenage girls with our friends 2 teenage girls in one cabin and they were ok but they continually came to our or our friends room to use the bathroom. It was very tight in that room.

I don't think it would have cost much more to get two inside rooms, maybe you should check on doing that. Good luck.

Did four in a balcony on MSC, which is smaller than Carnival balcony and it was fine. The most annoying part was sharing a shower but since I was in a cast to my knee...I really wasn't occupying too much shower time lol.

Hey, y'all: the OP was back in February. According to the cruise counter on the bottom of her signature, she went on this cruise, on the Triumph, this past July.;)

It would be interesting to hear if they went 4 to a cabin and how it went.

Edited by ShakyBeef