Four Ladies....one room....Yikes!

jenlaur

Had my husband, myself, my adult daughter and my best friend in an inside cabin for a 4 nighter. Honestly, we were never in the room at the same time except to sleep. Had same dinner time, just staggered getting ready then and meeting in the Schooner for a before dinner cocktail. I would not hesitate to do that again. For what we paid, it was a lot, A LOT, cheaper than two cabins.

You'll be fine, less money on the cabin means more drinks in port! Showering will be the biggest hurdle, but sounds like you've got that covered. Bathroom stuff, make a list so you all don't bring 4 of the same item...for instance make-up remover wipes or tylenol etc.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Have done this once before...a tip from travel agent was to check if there were any additional rooms available once on board and we were able to get the extra room for a couple of hundred more, split 4 ways only $50 more and twice the space. We lucked out, the cruise was sold out prior to boarding but I guess there were a number of no shows and we were able to get the other room.

Though, we were prepared to stay in the one room...before we boarded we all agreed on showering and prep times ahead of time. Thankfully 2 of us were early risers and 2 were a little later so that helped in the morning, getting ready for evenings...we rotated who would go 1st, 2nd, etc and agreed on no more than 15 min in the bathroom per person.

I already bought an extra 3 outlet plug. Anything else??

I was called to "the naughty room" for having a 3 outlet plug in my checked bag on a TA on the Voyager. It was confiscated and returned to me at the end of the cruise. Might make it through in your carry-on.

I always get a spa pass and they normally have fantastic bathrooms with hair dryers and other small personal items. They are also well lit with large mirrors that are perfect for putting on makeup. On some ships, the spa is a better place to get ready because of the lighting alone! Even more of a bonus if your cabin is at the same end as the spa.

The title says it all. We are in a superior balcony. Any tips that may this easier for 5 days? I already heard the one about showering in the gym. Excellent idea. Any more tips??? :rolleyes:

OK gang....I have to edit this due to the responses I am getting. We sail a week from tomorrow. So there will be no getting 2 rooms or adjoining rooms as it is sold out. We just need some tips on how to survive the week. As I said, gym showers it is for me. I already bought an extra 3 outlet plug. Anything else??

Get the drink package, I think you will need it.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sounds like a good time. You have received a lot of advice, and sounds like you're going to handle the shower situation well.

A few additional suggestions. Someone mentioned assigning shelves/drawers, which is a good idea; would also suggest packing stuff like underwear in the large 2 gallon ziplock bags, then you might be better able to share some space.

Try to share as much as possible - some toiletries, suntan lotion, hair appliances, etc.

Agree ahead of time about things like temperature of the cabin - who likes air cold, who doesn't!

From a safety point of view make sure room is tidy - no tripping over shoes if you use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Suggest a nightlight or leaving bathroom light on with door closed - light will shine under door a little bit.

Use the balcony as an extra room. If you plan to put swimsuits out there to dry make sure you have clothes pins otherwise they will blow away.

Folding canvas bags that are drawers are really helpful for storing stuff.

Take a good look at a $ store - lots of cheap organizational stuff.

Don't forget you may all need to charge phones/cameras.

I like to have a clock. Cabins do not have one - clock is on phone - not much help in the middle of the night, or even if you are getting ready and wonder what the time is.

Laugh a lot! Did 4 in an interior when my kids were in college - 2 guys, 2 women - memories are priceless.

Enjoy!

The title says it all. We are in a superior balcony. Any tips that may this easier for 5 days? I already heard the one about showering in the gym. Excellent idea. Any more tips??? :rolleyes:

OK gang....I have to edit this due to the responses I am getting. We sail a week from tomorrow. So there will be no getting 2 rooms or adjoining rooms as it is sold out. We just need some tips on how to survive the week. As I said, gym showers it is for me. I already bought an extra 3 outlet plug. Anything else??

We didn't do 4 but we did do 3. Me,my husband and a friend. Tips, suitcases underbed, put dirty clothes in as you go, don't allow them to be left out cluttering room. Utilize the hanging folding toiletry bags. Hang them when in the bathroom, fold them up and store in closet. The balcony will make it easier to not feel closed in.

If you are not opposed to dressing in front of each other, quickly shower and dress in room while another showers. Hair drying is done in room at desk.

Keep clutter to a minimum, use the drawers. Ask for more hangers. Mornings will be the hardest because couch and pull down will be open. Work it out.

ENJOY.

Forgot, get a multi usb charger. Enough for 4 or more devices. You may need to look under desk for outlet if it is hard to plug in. Allure was like that. They had a multi plug but it was do close to the desk my multi usb plug wouldn't fit. Looked under desk and there was the wall plug with an empty socket.

I was called to "the naughty room" for having a 3 outlet plug in my checked bag on a TA on the Voyager. It was confiscated and returned to me at the end of the cruise. Might make it through in your carry-on.

Interesting. It seems to be a common thing for people to take.I've even seen pictures on here of them

I did an interior with 4 of us on the Enchantment - 2 women and 2 teens. It worked fairly well, we were only in the room to change and sleep. When it was close to dinner time, a set of 1 adult and 1 teen would go back to the room to shower and get ready. The next set would come back to the room in about 45 minutes and then we'd leave. I'm so glad we did that, made things much easier.

I did an interior with 4 of us on the Enchantment - 2 women and 2 teens. It worked fairly well, we were only in the room to change and sleep. When it was close to dinner time, a set of 1 adult and 1 teen would go back to the room to shower and get ready. The next set would come back to the room in about 45 minutes and then we'd leave. I'm so glad we did that, made things much easier.

Good idea!

My first cruise was 4 of us... in an outside cabin (no balcony) on the Sovereign for 7 days! We had a wonderful cruise... it was my mom and me, a friend and her daughter... We managed just fine and are still friends!! You will be too... The cabin was small... but one of my favorite memories of that cruise was laying in our beds at night... laughing and telling stories. A group of us did the same thing (4 to a cabin) last August on the Enchantment, except we booked a Grand Suite... :)

So here is what I can add to the conversation... just schedule the showers... agree who will shower when... or head back to the cabin for a shower when the others are out. Make-up and hair needs to be taken care of I the cabin... not in the bathroom. Take some ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. Ask your cabin steward for extra towels. Pack as light as possible. After unpacking, stack cases inside each other and slide under a bed. Keep the cabin is tidy as possible. Take a laundry bag for each person (I always take those huge zip lock bags xl). Take on spray air freshener for the bathroom (check with the group for allergies). DO NOT apply perfume in the cabin or bathroom... try to avoid it on the cruise, but if someone has to have it... ask them to apply it out in the hall or step out on the balcony. Same with hairspray... be aware of each other's allergies. Finally... keep your own schedules... if someone likes to get up early... do so... and get out of the cabin. Take a nap in the afternoon if you like. The idea of showering in the spa is good... but really may not be necessary if you are quick... and can work out the schedule.

Finally... don't stress on any of all this. You are going to work it out and have the BEST time... and.. tip your room steward extra... he/she will deserve it.

All good ideas so far. I've always taken a cheap extension cord. Just one. No surge protector just a cheap long extension cord.

Long usb cords for charging and getting phones off the floor.

Small folding make-up mirror. I have one that folds flat with 2 different magnifications. Just need one.

Serious chat about volume of luggage and shoes!

Good luck and have fun. The giggling at night will be priceless.

if you have a plan it isn't terrible, as others have said you are only there to sleep and get ready. set a schedule. one person heads down to shower, 30 minutes later a second heads down, 30 mins later the 3rd (at that time the 1st should be done and either on the balcony or out of the room, yes I realize the stupidity of expecting a woman to be ready in a short amount of time), finally the last shows up 30 mins later, so everyone gets 30 mins in the shower and 30 mins to get ready. if someone needs more time they have a few choices, be the first to get ready and go early, or finish getting ready on the balcony. Good luck

Carry on luggage only - no cheating.

Having been married to the same woman for nearly 30 years, I know this to be literally impossible!!

Whenever I tell her to "pack light", I get either a real dirty look or the classic "Deer In The Headlights" stare!!:p