Reflection 2/13/16 Cruisers~Any Bistro on 5 changes?

like2cruise

I have been reading here on the boards regarding the sushi rumored upcoming changes for Bistro on 5. Any Reflection cruisers from 2/13/16 with updated information? We cruise in 3 weeks and are hopeful to enjoy Bistro on 5 for lunch at least one more time :D THANKS!

Yes- they are starting the sushi restaurant tonight onboard the Reflection only and will roll it out to other ships in the near future. It will be a la carte pricing. They had a final test run for officers last night.

:( So sad. Some of our favorite things about the Reflection are becoming things of the past. May just be too many changes for us to continue to make this ship our go to. Thanks for the information.

Yes- they are starting the sushi restaurant tonight onboard the Reflection only and will roll it out to other ships in the near future. It will be a la carte pricing. They had a final test run for officers last night.

A la carte pricing? I heard it was going up to $15.00 PP. If it's a la carte I will skip it. More nickel and dime extras from Celebrity and their "modern luxury". Also, assume the sushi in the buffet goes away.:rolleyes:

Edited by SAC69

Would love to know the a la carte prices. Thanks for the update!

A la carte pricing? I heard it was going up to $15.00 PP. If it's a la carte I will skip it. More nickel and dime extras from Celebrity and their "modern luxury". Also, assume the sushi in the buffet goes away.:rolleyes:

Why do you assume that? The buffet sushi is grocery store quality at best, bistro's should be much better if they expect people to pay for it. I could see them offering both. Hope so anyway, the free stuff is a nice little pre drinks stomach filler. [emoji200]

So, now you can get sushi at the Oceanview buffet, at Qsine and now Bistro On 5 too? Where are they going to serve crepes?

Is sushi in such demand that one ship has 3 venues for it?

Me, well, once in a while sushi is OK but to have 3 spots to get it seems overkill....and 15 bucks each person for it seems a bit steep.

hahaha I'm not really sure, I was able to take a quick look at the menu but that's all. From what I understand, crepes and the rest of the regular Bistro menu will still be available for lunch.

Great to know. We'll be on Reflection in a week and I'll be sure to report back on our Bistro experiences!

I have been reading here on the boards regarding the sushi rumored upcoming changes for Bistro on 5. Any Reflection cruisers from 2/13/16 with updated information? We cruise in 3 weeks and are hopeful to enjoy Bistro on 5 for lunch at least one more time :D THANKS!

Last week, both the Bistro on 5 and the Porch were very quiet. And do I mean REAL quiet! Under utilization of space and location. When we left this morning, there had been no changes taking place.

When I walked by Bistro on Thursday night during the soft opening, they were hand rolling the sushi to order as is the case in any decent sushi restaurant. It looked better than the store bought Buffet sushi, which is OK at best, so hopefully will be worth the surcharge for those who would like to try it.

Great to know. We'll be on Reflection in a week and I'll be sure to report back on our Bistro experiences!

Awesome...thank you so much. Have an awesome cruise...if you have time, can you also please report back the menu rotation in MDR so I can plan my specialty restaurant evenings :D