FLL and Hotwire

lerstephg

Yes, unless the FLL north has a hotel 3.5 stars pool, b'fast with at least 85% recommended as that is the new crown plaza. If you can get the port Everglades all-suite hotel at a decent price, go for it as it is the embassy suites... Free shuttle, great rooms super nice...

Ditto what poz222 said:

FLL north 85% recommended is the Crown Plaza right by the entrance to the port. I have stayed there four times on Hotwire and it's perfect for cruising.

While they have a free (albeit slow) airport shuttle, there is not a free shuttle to the port. They will sell you a transfer but a taxi is faster and much cheaper. The front desk will call you a taxi upon request.

• 10 months later...
Ditto what poz222 said:

FLL north 85% recommended is the Crown Plaza right by the entrance to the port. I have stayed there four times on Hotwire and it's perfect for cruising.

While they have a free (albeit slow) airport shuttle, there is not a free shuttle to the port. They will sell you a transfer but a taxi is faster and much cheaper. The front desk will call you a taxi upon request.

I am looking at hotwire now and interested in 2 rooms pre cruise. Was considering Rodeway Inn to save $ and we dont fly in till 8pm night before cruise but after reading this I am tempted to try Hotwire. We are cruising Harmony out of fort lauderdale the next day. Is the FLL North still the suggested location?

My searched yielded this:

3.5Star in FLL airport north area

95% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Is this Crown Plaza?

Does crown offer free breakfast? How far to cruise port. There are 6 of us (3 per room) wondering cost to get to pier next day.

If another hotel is suggested I appreciate your insight.

Update! I went out on a limb and included the downtown area as well and ended up with the Riverside for only $117 per room! With taxes it was $142.76 per room :) Much better then paying $125 plus tax at Rodeway even though Ill have tp buy taxi to and from as well as breakfast. Super excited.

Update! I went out on a limb and included the downtown area as well and ended up with the Riverside for only $117 per room! With taxes it was $142.76 per room :) Much better then paying $125 plus tax at Rodeway even though Ill have tp buy taxi to and from as well as breakfast. Super excited.

A beautiful hotel and a fantastic location - enjoy!

We stayed at the Riverside a few years ago. I loved the location. We had breakfast at one of the little cafes along Las Olas. I don't remember the name. The hotel had a shuttle to the pier. I don't remember how much it cost, but it was worth it for the two of us since our ship was at one of the far piers.