Recent Summit PH - Penthouse cruisers??

JEDIKNIGHT

Hello All.....

Wondering if anyone has recently or even in the last year been on Summit, and Summit's Penthouse Suite.

*How was the Night-Time Air conditioning in the suite?

(On 2 previous cruises I always felt hot at night, but then heard that problem has been handled)

*Quality of butler and concierge services?

Any other opinions also appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm writing a mini review right now! It was outstanding - ALL of it!

Jose is the Head Butler currently, he was amazing. Snacks, dinner reservations, whatever you need.

We ate in the buffet two nights for dinner and it was not crowded at all. The Stir Fry and Pasta areas were my favorite. They had "pick your protein" at the far aft - dh had blackened Cobia and salmon one night and loved both (they cooked it your way).

Luminae was AMAZING. We ate there 3 nights. We tried Normandie (the lobster!) and Q'Sine (SO good).

We only did buffet breakast once, it was crowded but manageable. We did room service 2x and it was ok (the eggs, never a fan on room service). Luminae the coffee place had the best breakfasts to us.

We did buffet lunch once - not everything open (port day) but plenty of food. Luminae lunch at sea day, NOT TO BE MISSED. Bistro on 5 for another lunch - really good.

Staff was amazing - every single person would say hello and good morning/evening. We were asking if Bistro on 5 was free for lunch for suites; Denny wasn't sure but said if we were charged to come back and he'd reverse it! I'll come back and add a link to my review once I'm done!

Hi JEDIKNIGHT,

We always seem to have the same question! :)

We were in 6147 at the end of August last year and everything was fine. Bedroom was okay at night but living room was much cooler (can't figure out why!) I did find that if I left the bedroom door open at night the air circulation was much better. However, we did notice that the "dressing area" with the makeup table got extremely warm when we were getting ready for dinner. But I guess that's the price you pay for having 2 women using blow dryers in that small area!

The Michael's Club Concierge at the time was Kim Reed, who was excellent, but I understand she left Celebrity. However, in my experience I've sailed with 3 different Concierges and all were great.

Have you sailed with Celebrity since they opened Luminae Restaurant?

As you know butler experience varies. Our favorite butler, Domnic Peireia, is currently on vacation and is scheduled to return to Summit in mid-April.

We never used the buffet so I can't offer anything on that subject!

We are sailing in 6148 on both the April 23 and May 1 sailings, so hopefully we'll have a nice cool bedroom.

jcpc

Hi JCPC, thanks for chiming in.

Sounds like it's 50-50 for me and air conditioning in 6147. Tis why I skipped cruising in 2015 and went land based.

NO, i've not cruised since Luminae started - - have you? Majority of comments seem t be positive so I'm looking forward to that, though I'll probably order MDR food some nights while sitting in Luminae.

Hoping to do May 1 in 6147, we'll see how things shake out.

Hello All.....

Wondering if anyone has recently or even in the last year been on Summit, and Summit's Penthouse Suite.

*How was the Night-Time Air conditioning in the suite?

(On 2 previous cruises I always felt hot at night, but then heard that problem has been handled)

*Quality of butler and concierge services?

Any other opinions also appreciated.

Thanks!

Penthouse suites are getting a complete makeover in the upcoming drydock according to the press release.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/about-celebrity/about-celebrity-overview#footer_pages_about_celebrity_press_room_tab/about-celebrity/press-room%3Fsubtab=true&year=2015&event_date=2015-10-08&sequence_code=a

Edited by dkjretired

Thanks! I did not see that release... I'll be on the Summit in July...

~Steve

"....and for $16 million bucks in renovations - -- the Penthouse Suite bedrooms will have a frigging air conditioning system that actually cools the bedroom at night. We at Celebrity are committed to the Suite Experience, and want the air conditioning to be up to snuff with the famed Hampton Inn hotel chain - where the rooms are cold at night"

- if Cruise Critic gives out awards for snark, I'd like to have my post nominated, thank you. -

"....and for $16 million bucks in renovations - -- the Penthouse Suite bedrooms will have a frigging air conditioning system that actually cools the bedroom at night. We at Celebrity are committed to the Suite Experience, and want the air conditioning to be up to snuff with the famed Hampton Inn hotel chain - where the rooms are cold at night"

- if Cruise Critic gives out awards for snark, I'd like to have my post nominated, thank you. -

You've got my vote! lol

Should have posted it a couple of weeks ago on National Curmudgeon day.

Edited by dkjretired

Hi JEDIKNIGHT,

We are in 6148 for May 1 sailing. So maybe we'll be neighbors! Whole family is going, including a 3 year old and a 1 year old. We're in 6148 and the rest of the gang are in SS.

Yes, we've sailed twice since Luminae opened and I must say I am VERY impressed. I thought I would order MDR food too, but I did not!

Unfortunately, I do agree that the AC is a 50-50 no matter if you're in 6147 or 6148. Although the bedroom in 6147 was much better in August than it was on previous sailings.

Hope to get to say hi to you in May!

jcpc

Hi JCPC.....

Basically I'm 50-50 for May 1st. If something unpredictable happens to me business-wise, or health wise (mild digestion issues) - then I'll have to cancel but otherwise really hoping May 1st works out and yes, will be nice to finally meet you too! You'll see we are excellent neighbors to have on a ship.

The nightly animal sacrifice on our balcony, we don't use too many candles so you won't be bothered by bright lights, and the moans from the animals makes it a more realistic "at sea" experience. Our kids don't throw water balloons into neighboring verandas because they're very eco-conscious and instead use shrimp as ammo. DW loves charging booze to the neighboring PH but doesn't go top shelf - bless her heart, so frugal. And my 3 year old boy, has finally learned not to play with matches at sea, well, we think he has.

So don't worry, we'll be the best ship neighbors you ever had. :)

We sailed on Infinity after the refurbished PH and didn't think it was major except for w few things like the tub in the bathroom, but they made mistakes like placing the faucet so water hits the thing that closes the drain and splashes. The outdoor "hot tub" should have been replaced but wasn't, the teak on the balcony was removed, and refinished with the fake stuff, which is ok, but not as nice in our opinion.

We did find the AC hot for the first day or so, but after pushing the concierge/butler pretty hard, they had it lowered through the engineering department. It had to be done from a central location not the cabin, but it did get cold enough to be comfortable at night.

Lumimae is definitely as step up but that type of food can be a bit much. By May 1 Normandie will be gone and replaced by Tuscan Grill on Summit.

I hope you get to sail.

Happy sailing.

Jenna

Sure hope they are planning to replace those horrible fixed shower heads in Summit's 6148.

Sure hope they are planning to replace those horrible fixed shower heads in Summit's 6148.

This is a change they made on Infinity which supposedly got similar updates back in November.

8362e06a5bc3c044c5ef4552fcdc47d2.jpg

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

Hi JCPC.....

Basically I'm 50-50 for May 1st. If something unpredictable happens to me business-wise, or health wise (mild digestion issues) - then I'll have to cancel but otherwise really hoping May 1st works out and yes, will be nice to finally meet you too! You'll see we are excellent neighbors to have on a ship.

The nightly animal sacrifice on our balcony, we don't use too many candles so you won't be bothered by bright lights, and the moans from the animals makes it a more realistic "at sea" experience. Our kids don't throw water balloons into neighboring verandas because they're very eco-conscious and instead use shrimp as ammo. DW loves charging booze to the neighboring PH but doesn't go top shelf - bless her heart, so frugal. And my 3 year old boy, has finally learned not to play with matches at sea, well, we think he has.

So don't worry, we'll be the best ship neighbors you ever had. :)

:D:D:D:D You sound like the perfect neighbors. Hope it all works out and I get to say hello in person to you and your family.