Speciality Dining Package Question/Package Promo question

mengel246

I agree about the excursion promo but we are considering Bermuda so it's $150 for that port and I'm not spending $173 extra per person for the tips on the free drink package nor do we want the spd as its takes too much time and planning I'll pay for a specialty if I could want to go

The wifi is useless as well since we want to make phone calls mostly and Verizon now prorated their $40 plan

We can spend $150 on one e version in Bermuda but if it means 3 excursions in Bermuda or $50 per excursion then it's garbage as well.

If you are talking about the shore excursion credit have you confirmed with NCL that you would get $150 for Bermuda? Because if the shore excursion credit is $50 per port, I would count Bermuda as one port. It does not say you get $50 per day in port.

If you are talking about the shore excursion credit have you confirmed with NCL that you would get $150 for Bermuda? Because if the shore excursion credit is $50 per port, I would count Bermuda as one port. It does not say you get $50 per day in port.

Bermuda is an exception and does count as three port days but to my understanding that's still $50/day each, not $150/3 days.

Bermuda is an exception and does count as three port days but to my understanding that's still $50/day each, not $150/3 days.

"Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit."

• 1 year later...

We have the Speciality Dining Package Dining Package - Promo included in our cruise. Does anyone know if we can pre-book our restaurants prior to going on the cruise or do we have to wait till we get on board?

We have the Speciality Dining Package Dining Package - Promo included in our cruise. Does anyone know if we can pre-book our restaurants prior to going on the cruise or do we have to wait till we get on board?

Yes you can. Just book them online.

Prebooking is highly recommended (I.e., required). Exactly 90 days prior to your cruise (100 in you are in a full suite). Popular restaurants will sell out. NCL holds tables for onboard booking, but prime time dining will sell out onboard too.

I think maybe you should call NCL to verify. I know with the drink package you get drinks up to $15/each so if you choose something more expensive you are responsible for the difference. Maybe it's something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think maybe you should call NCL to verify. I know with the drink package you get drinks up to $15/each so if you choose something more expensive you are responsible for the difference. Maybe it's something like that.

There's nothing to call NCL about. That can just cause confusion. The info is available on the web site.

By the way, if you were responding to the OP, they asked the question nearly a year and a half ago, so I assume they have the answer by now. :)

Prebooking is highly recommended (I.e., required). Exactly 90 days prior to your cruise (100 in you are in a full suite). Popular restaurants will sell out. NCL holds tables for onboard booking, but prime time dining will sell out onboard too.

Specialty dining reservations do not sell out prior to the cruise. I forgot the exact percentage but I believe they only book 30% of the reservations prior to the cruise.

There's nothing to call NCL about. That can just cause confusion. The info is available on the web site.

By the way, if you were responding to the OP, they asked the question nearly a year and a half ago, so I assume they have the answer by now. :)

The information posted here is not only to provide the OP with answers to their question but also to give information to all Cruise Critic members reading the posts here who may have actually sought out this information through a search. So it's actually good to answer a question even if it was asked one year ago if it was not adequately or accurately answered in the past.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info. I was confused prior to reading the explanations here. Platinum plus SDP = 5 dinners for hubby and I, on a 7 day cruise... yeah. I'll be sure to pay attention to the restrictions with the Platinum rewards dinners.

Which- if any, specialty restaurants still serve lobster on the Breakaway. I expect to pay an additional fee for it of course...

Ocean Blue for lobster rolls on the Breakaway.

Teppanyaki - do not know if they still serve some kinds of lobster meal.

Cagney's - they do have lobster and shrimp entrees

I do not know which ports you would be going to, but if you are going to Canada ports, it would be better to eat at a restaurant off board to get lobsters/the real taste.

Enjoy your cruise.

Ocean Blue for lobster rolls on the Breakaway.

Teppanyaki - do not know if they still serve some kinds of lobster meal.

Cagney's - they do have lobster and shrimp entrees

Teppenyaki doesn't have lobster any more.

Cagneys also doesn't. At least not any one I've been in for a while, and it's widely reported that it doesn't in any of the Cagneys menus across the fleet.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I got the speciality dining package as a part of my sign up. But I am not sure how many I have. Is there a place to on the Norwegian page to go see how many you are entitled to with the sign up package? We are going on the Epic in Oct. Thanks bunches in advance!

Hello,

I got the speciality dining package as a part of my sign up. But I am not sure how many I have. Is there a place to on the Norwegian page to go see how many you are entitled to with the sign up package? We are going on the Epic in Oct. Thanks bunches in advance!

"With so many delicious Specialty Dining options, you can take your taste buds on a trip without setting foot on land. Guests 1 and 2 enjoy a 3-Meal Specialty Dining Package on 3- to 9-day cruises or a 4-Meal package on cruises 10 days or more. You save up to $168."

If your cruise is less than 10 days - 3 meal package

If it is more than 10 days - 4 meal package

This info is right there on ncl page.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/choice?intcmp=pro_hpb_SSDASH0818