Heather just enjoy the cruise

no need to post unless you want to

That is why a never do "Live from" threads

It is nice that some people do but usually they just get grief from some people

Relax & try to enjoy

Lyn

JMO

Edited by LHT28

This article sounds about right for what I saw on the 2/12 cruise. I could not tell how many hours each of them worked but they seemed to be working all the time. After a few days most looked very tired and worn out. Suprised a lot of them did not just quit. We did thank many of the crew for their extra hard work and most thanked us.

I know that our room attendant worked from the early morning to at least past midnight. We either saw her each time we left the stateroom or could hear her voice in the hallway way past the time we retired. Normally, the attendants are taking a rest break between the morning shift and the evening shift, but not ours. We saw other crew working these hours. On the last day of the cruise, we handed our attendant an extra gratuity and she looked genuinely surprised!

Edited by Iamthesea

I know that our room attendant worked from the early morning to at least past midnight. We either saw her each time we left the stateroom or could hear her voice in the hallway way past the time we retired. Normally, the attendants are taking a rest break between the morning shift and the evening shift, but not ours. We saw other crew working these hours. On the last day of the cruise, we handed our attendant an extra gratuity and she looked genuinely surprised!

That was very good of you Iamthesea and I am sure it was appreciated greatly. My respect goes out to all the staff who work such long hours on board especially when events such as noro are present and the schedule is even more grueling then normal. Put ourselves in their position and imagine how we would react under those circumstances. I am not sure how well I would react.

Edited by Wren3

Heather, I was not trying to be rude. You asked why anyone would not sail Oceania due to noro as it is on all lines. I just answered that I would not because I never saw so many unresolved issues, so much turmoil and unhappy passengers on other lines because of it and a crappy trip on Oceania is a lot of money lost.

I thought I read here that they are spraying your hands with bleach solution each time you come onto the ship. I wonder if they are still doing that.

Also wonder if they actually take your ID card from you with their hand to scan it when you get on/off the ship. I read that at one point they were letting people scan the cards themselves after a passenger complained. Surprised they didn't think of that themselves. Why did one of us have to point out the problem?

I'm sorry. I was feeling a little pissy with some saying too many threads😃 I know I really appreciated all the posts before we embarked.

I think great news!!! It's been 72 hours and Ray said they are putting out tablecloths, s&p etc😃😃😃. That means no one has gotten sick. I haven't seen this for myself but I trust him.

We were told to use alcohol based hand gel sanitizers. I heard nothing about a bleach solution. We're in San Juan and they're not spraying anything now. Just the usual dispensers at the gangway. Earlier today they were spraying.

Things are looking up😃

I thought I read here that they are spraying your hands with bleach solution each time you come onto the ship. I wonder if they are still doing that.

Also wonder if they actually take your ID card from you with their hand to scan it when you get on/off the ship. I read that at one point they were letting people scan the cards themselves after a passenger complained. Surprised they didn't think of that themselves. Why did one of us have to point out the problem?

No did not take your card. Held up a portable scanner to just read the bar code. Never touched the cards.

I'm sorry. I was feeling a little pissy with some saying too many threads😃 I know I really appreciated all the posts before we embarked.

I think great news!!! It's been 72 hours and Ray said they are putting out tablecloths, s&p etc😃😃😃. That means no one has gotten sick. I haven't seen this for myself but I trust him.

We were told to use alcohol based hand gel sanitizers. I heard nothing about a bleach solution. We're in San Juan and they're not spraying anything now. Just the usual dispensers at the gangway. Earlier today they were spraying.

Things are looking up😃

Such good news! Thank you very much for taking the time to post (the threads were making several of us a bit pissy:) ) Enjoy every moment of your cruise!

Update: our butler just told us we are Code Green ...everything normal. He has such a great attitude. He said everyone top to bottom put in extra hours and he was happy to do it for a company he loves. Says they pay better than anyone else and he's happy to step up when they're in trouble.

Update: our butler just told us we are Code Green ...everything normal. He has such a great attitude. He said everyone top to bottom put in extra hours and he was happy to do it for a company he loves. Says they pay better than anyone else and he's happy to step up when they're in trouble.

Who was your butler? Ours was Anthony. We were in11053

Good news Heather

Hope everyone keeps washing their hands

Hi!

Glad everything is back to normal on Riviera!

Hope you enjoyed your sole rejuvenation! Michael now does it on every cruise thanks to your suggestion!

We are currently staying in San Juan for 9 days and saw your ship here today.

Continue to enjoy your cruise!

Rhea

Who was your butler? Ours was Anthony. We were in11053

We are in 11020 and have Rasheth. I may have spelled it wrong. Nothing here with his name on it. We've never had a bad Butler. He's been too busy to visit much until this evening when he really opened up. Such a fabulous, positive attitude. I told him I knew a few Americans who could take a page from his book. 😃

Rhea, we are still here. We leave at 11:00. Norwegian Gem just left and Anthem of the Seas is using a lot of room a few berths over😃

We are in 11020 and have Rasheth. I may have spelled it wrong. Nothing here with his name on it. We've never had a bad Butler. He's been too busy to visit much until this evening when he really opened up. Such a fabulous, positive attitude. I told him I knew a few Americans who could take a page from his book. 😃

Rhea, we are still here. We leave at 11:00. Norwegian Gem just left and Anthem of the Seas is using a lot of room a few berths over😃

If you should run into Anthony tell him Susan And Richie from 11053 say hi. Glad you are green. Have a wonderful trip.

Glad for you all has returned to normal. Enjoy !

I'm sorry. I was feeling a little pissy with some saying too many threads�� I know I really appreciated all the posts before we embarked.

Me too! ;) Three threads is not that many on any other cruise forum, but they do seem to be dominating the Oceania forum because Oceania has very few threads to read. I have never been on such a forum.

Heather - I cannot recall if you mention this, but were your staterooms being washed down twice daily?

That's wonderful news to hear! I am happy for you, the other passengers, and especially the fearless crew. ;) Now off with you and enjoy the rest of your cruise. :)

Edited by Iamthesea

I want to thank you Heather for taking the time to post these updates. I have found them very valuable and they give me peace of mind. I wish people would stop complaining about the noro threads and just stop reading them if they are not interested. My mom will be on Riviera on the 13th of March. She is immune suppressed and takes medication for an immune disorder. A bad cold can and often does land her in the hospital. Her doctor advised her to be very careful when we advised him of this problem. We cannot get Oceania to allow us to move to another cruise - we tried . Insurance does not allow for a preventative refund - we asked. I just never thought to consider noro when I booked this cruise in August. For that I am sorry and have learned that cruising may not be best for her. But that is not her fault - it is mine.

So, the noro has been very serious for me. Not just a matter of being sick for her. Not a minor inconvenience as others have noted, and not even a matter of perspective as others have said. This cruise was my idea. My parents do not have the money to travel a lot and cannot just throw away the fare. So, yes I am worried that my mom will get very sick and her health will be compromised. Yes, I will feel responsible as she is elderly and very much trusts and relies on my judgment.

I am grateful for the information. To the posters who have not let this go, I thank you. It helps me to know what is happening. Heather, you have made me feel better. Please enjoy your cruise.

Oh, that is scary indeed. In this circumstance I would have hoped that Oceania would be more cooperative. It's not in their interest for your mother to get so ill she has to be transported off the ship.

Mura

Thanks Mura. I actually understand Oceania's position. They are not expecting noro on each cruise and are working hard to kill it. I too understand the insurance company as well. For both, they are businesses and it makes sense to play the odds. I am not angry about that. It is a me problem, not a them problem. Just grateful for Heather's updates and the other threads where I learned about, and bought, the peroxide wipes. The kind words are appreciated.

I want to thank you Heather for taking the time to post these updates. I have found them very valuable and they give me peace of mind. I wish people would stop complaining about the noro threads and just stop reading them if they are not interested. My mom will be on Riviera on the 13th of March. She is immune suppressed and takes medication for an immune disorder. A bad cold can and often does land her in the hospital. Her doctor advised her to be very careful when we advised him of this problem. We cannot get Oceania to allow us to move to another cruise - we tried . Insurance does not allow for a preventative refund - we asked. I just never thought to consider noro when I booked this cruise in August. For that I am sorry and have learned that cruising may not be best for her. But that is not her fault - it is mine.

So, the noro has been very serious for me. Not just a matter of being sick for her. Not a minor inconvenience as others have noted, and not even a matter of perspective as others have said. This cruise was my idea. My parents do not have the money to travel a lot and cannot just throw away the fare. So, yes I am worried that my mom will get very sick and her health will be compromised. Yes, I will feel responsible as she is elderly and very much trusts and relies on my judgment.

I am grateful for the information. To the posters who have not let this go, I thank you. It helps me to know what is happening. Heather, you have made me feel better. Please enjoy your cruise.

Well said Lrob, the updates have been invaluable to us as well. We too are on the March 13th cruise and we also are in a similar scenario as your Mom as DH also has immune issues as well and our travellers insurance won't cover a cancellation either. So all we can do is be prepared as best we can to disinfect our cabin, use caution outside the cabin and on the airplane and pack remedies in case of illness. The good news is it appears from Heather's report that they are in code green.

Edited by Wren3

LRob, let me try to relieve your worry a bit more. I'm all tucked in my cozy bed. These beds are heaven. Had a delicious dinner and a fun show. Talked to several people and you can sense the relief since we knew this could last the whole cruise. I learned that Oceania brought in 200 or so extra workers those two days in Miami. They brought all furniture out of the rooms, whatever wasn't nailed down, to do almost a fumigation of the rooms. Many cabins were bare bones (no bed skirts, etc. we had no books, pens, pads etc. this was an unbelievable effort on Oceania's part. Remember this is more important to Oceania than any of us. We can cruise other lines.

Oceania and every ship at sea is at the mercy of every person who boards a plane. But they have done the very best they can and as much as I really didn't enjoy our first couple of days, I just can't blame them. But people who are sick have no business getting on a plane and/or lying on a form asking if they've been ill.

But right now I think your mother has less of a chance to get sick on this ship than any other. And bless you for wanting your Mom to have enjoy this treat. Try not to worry. I hope she has a fabulous cruise. This is such a beautiful ship, wonderful staff and really nice people onboard every Oceania cruise we've taken.

Good night😊💤💤

All of my life I was encouraged to look at the bright side & accept the status quo...but I don't do that so much anymore. My stomach doesn't hurt all the time now, the way it used to, either!

It ISN'T OK with me at this point in my life to spend my vacation in a venue that is constantly being swabbed down with disinfectant that leaves great wet bubbles on tabletops the way it was on the last days of my O cruise that ended February 12 in Miami. That's NOT the way things are supposed to be in a 5 star venue, full stop.

Check out the boards on Azamara, Seabourn, Crystal, etc. Are they full of this sort of chatter? No, they are not.

So please demand more, so that you get what you have paid for.

I have been felled by Noro twice on Crystal Cruises, in 48 cruises with them. They do one thing which might lessen the angst of O passengers who get sick with Noro. Crystal refunds the price paid for the cabin for any day you are quarantined. No one wants to be sick, but getting paid for it sure makes you feel positive about the cruise line.

No did not take your card. Held up a portable scanner to just read the bar code. Never touched the cards.

RJB...Are you on a cruise now? I am wondering what it's like now.

If they are taking your ID card with their hands now. And if they are spraying your hands now.

My DH hs 2 different cancers, lung disease, kidney disease. I don't want him exposed to unnecessary chemicals.

We have been on quite a few Oceania cruises, always book an Oceania suite on the Riviera.

We may stay home instead of flying to Miami for this upcoming cruise, not happy with Oceania right now.