All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

We’re very sad here in Colorado Springs today. Yesterday one of our deputies was killed while investigating a stolen car incident [emoji22] & 2 others are recovering from major surgery. The awful thing for us was it happened a block south of where we live (quiet, residential area). I’m afraid it is open season on law enforcement, this has to stop.

I’m not sure if I feel it more because I was with Boston PD for 6 years as a paramedic (in the 70s) & our son was an officer in CA for 10 years. Breaks my heart. It was the 11th anniversary of Deputy Flick becoming a deputy, he leaves a wife & 7-year old twins. Over 500 people lined the streets last night to honor his end of watch.

Sorry if I brought everyone down, I just needed to share [emoji22]. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just came back from 2 doctor appts. I somehow managed to rupture a tendon across the top of my foot [emoji30] in a brace for 6 weeks. Surgeon apt went well. I’m allowed to drive again. Another month before I can go back to gym or travel, sigh. The hernia ended up being over 15cm (6+”). I have “ multiple interior sutures” which is why I can’t bend over, baby steps [emoji849]. I can start adding items to my diet, very small meals. Best part, no GERD! & I’ve dropped 32 lbs since Dec. getting there. Melody

Sorry about your foot problem but cudos on your weight loss . I am home from the hospital and glad to be here . I want a t shirt that says I survived the flu 2018 .Now I have to deal with travel insurance .I had not cancelled trips in years and now I've had a string of them . The insurance agents are going to have my picture with a line through it on the wall .

Ah Sally, glad you’re home & doing better; sorry you have to cancel & thank goodness for trip insurance. When I was still working I had to cancel 4 cruises in a row due to change in work commitments, boy am I glad to be retired. I bet it’s a good picture of you on the wall [emoji6]. Melody

Glad to hear you are both on the mend. Hope you are like the robins and emerge in the spring in all your glory. :)

We had snow, then ice, then rain all day today. Everything I ever injured is bothering me. My students always cheer me up, though.

I have been talking with Anita about my Romantic Color and I'm trying to find a good picture of it. I have a shirt that color but I can't find it on any website. Still looking.

Sally, I'm so glad to see home and on the mend!

Melody, I'm sorry about your foot I wonder how you did that?!? I worry about your weight loss. That is s lot to lose in such a short period of time. Take care of yourself.

Margaret, we got about 8 inches of snow today. Roads were messy but they've cleaned them up pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Since my phone app doesn't want me to add photos here is a link of the formal night choices I have.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dcwAcG3QicH3tyEk2

What are your thoughts? I asked my husband, and I was surprised with his choices. They weren't what I was expecting at all.

The hard thing is, I think the only dress you've seen on is the teal one. I think Friday will likely be the earliest I could get pictures of me wearing the others. But I think I will be happy with whatever ones I choose, which is nice.

Now that I am on a regular keyboard, I want to add that it has been a snowy winter! Our snowblower broke not long ago, and was supposed to be delivered today. They called yesterday and said it would be Friday now. We have a very big driveway that can hold many cars, so it's quite a bit of shoveling. I have not idea why it's so complicated to put it on the truck and drive it up the street. We would have taken it home on the spot but it wouldn't fit in our car.

Because of the snow, I'm missing the February cruise I've been doing the past couple of years. At the same time, going in April means we don't have to worry about snowstorms (hopefully!) and it's not hurricane season, so...

I am going to go back and review the post Anita made regarding my eyes. It is really fun to do.

Yes, Sally. I almost always do. So I need to figure out which ones I'm bringing.

I told my husband that if we book another cruise for the fall, I'll be all set. [emoji3][emoji16] I don't think we will be though. I wish! It would depend on a few things. He's leaning towards Niagara Falls at the moment.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Are you taking two? I can't remember.

I don't know if it matters to you whether the dresses have similarities, for example, would it bother you to take two lace dresses, or two wrap dresses, or two red-family dresses? Just wondering if that is in your decision making process because of the photos. Each dress has its own vibe, and they are all equally beautiful, though I must say I am partial to the one on the far right. :)

I think similarly to you, Margaret. I was really surprised to see that I definitely have a pattern to the style of dresses I choose. I would rather not do as you were pointing out - wear two lace dresses or bring the red and burgundy.

The original plan was the teal and red. My husband's favorites are the other two. Since getting the ivory dress, I'm really struggling

because it is beautiful on....

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Laurie, I like your choices. I always choose my most comfortable dress for the second formal night, because by then I am in vacation mode. :)

Here is a top in my Romantic color. It is not the one I have, but it is the same color combination in the same brand. I stood in the dressing room looking at it for the longest time because I knew it looked good on me but I couldn't figure out why. It is a kind of cross between rust red and mauve, so it is a little on the cool side to be true EARTH:

http://www.luckybrand.com/wildflower-lace-tank/7Q60103.html

It also matches my go-to lipstick, which is Clinique's Berry Freeze (look at the swatch not the tube):

https://www.clinique.com/product/1605/5404/Makeup/Lipsticks/Long-Last-Lipstick?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIksblpsiW2QIV2BSBCh3ccwS7EAQYAiABEgJ-IvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPPV2-fIltkCFUMJNwodh5EAQQ#/shade/Berry-Freeze

Laurie, I love the ivory lace & the teal screams I belong on a cruise to me. Margaret, I like that flowy tank top, would look lovely on you.

We went to both sides of Niagara Falls two years ago & had a wonderful time. Melody

Margaret, I love that lip color. I may need to look for it, but I will get out my "go to" color first...I don't wear lip color a lot, but the one that I often wear on formal night I think is a lot like that. I am trying to find one that is a bit lighter in color.

And that shirt! You know I'm not a big fan of prints, but I would wear this. It can be very hard to find a color like this. I have a solid, less muted version of this color in a shirt I got at Loft. It's a bit too fire, but I can get away with that sometimes, especially if I pair it with a soft earth neutral.

I think I am going to try on each of the dresses again, with sandals and the jewelry. I am hoping that the outfits as a whole will point me in the right direction.

My heart has been set on the teal (it is really not what I would normally call teal, but it is warm and teal is the color that was listed on the website) from the day I saw it. I think it's a great color for a warm weather cruise too. I had planned on that and the red dress, because I'm partial to red as well, as you all know.

I liked the burgundy, but didn't love it. One weekend morning, I tried it on with various necklaces, and realize how much I really liked it. Then I found that necklace and bracelet, and I instantly loved the look together.

The ivory dress I thought would be kind of...meh. But it's not. It fits perfectly, and really looks great.

I knew my husband loved the ivory dress the minute he saw it. He really like the jewelry with the burgundy, so those were his choices. He said the red was a close third and teal was at the bottom of the list! Not that he didn't like it - he loves all of them.

Now, I have what I refer to as date night, and I usually dress up a little more. It's dinner for two, in a nice romantic restaurant, and we often luck out and get to sit near a window so we can see the ocean as the sun sets. So we don't mind if we happen to be a bit more dressed up than others. I had two dresses I was thinking about for this. One was that short lace dress. I told my husband up front that I was not bringing three lace dresses on a six night cruise. But i have a purple dress that needs an alteration, as I get this weird gap in the bust area, near the underarms? Anita, I think you mentioned once that it sometimes happens to you, I think.

But, the dress has this fit that makes me feel a bit more shapely. So I think that the purple dress is definitely going. Of course, that doesn't solve formal nights, does it? Lol.

I'll post a photo shortly of the short dresses. Photobucket was working last night from my phone, but is isn't working from my computer. But I couldn't post directly from my phone to CC. Hm...

I am thinking, Margaret, that I don't know what my romantic color is. I'd love to see the result from your eyes. I'm wondering if they were deeper than mine, as you are deep or dark earth?