All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I like the bronze sandals too. I have found that even with my Soft self that if my shoes are too light...something just looks off. So I could imagine the lighter shoes with the lightest color dress...but I think the bronze shoes are better with the richer colors of the other dresses and the bronze is fine with the lightest one too.

I'll report on the bag. I have high hopes. The description talked about putting magazines in the biggest pocket so I thought it would be suitable for all the handouts and things. Maybe my iPad and other entertainment for if DS is doing something that we wouldn't...like sitting in on a class.

Thanks for all the info Margaret. I love reading your take.

I got my hair cut today! I'm so excited to have found someone. I've been growing it out for the past couple years here...not liking the shorter hair. I'm happy I tried it, but I don't think it's really me. My last cut was almost one year ago exactly 2/17/17...it's just been a crazy year! I think it's important to dress in as much of a representative way of the way you see yourself and want to be as possible when meeting with a hairdresser, especially for the first time. So they can kind of get a feel for your overall appearance and fit your hair into that.

We had a nicer day today so I wore that shirt I was wearing in the pic with Mom...my burgundy skinnies and my Minnetonka fringe booties. And I'll say that I figured out what to wear as a coat with those sleeves! A poncho! I don't know if I ever shared the one I got...but anyway...

Dude cut my hair three times! He cut it dry so he could spruce up the ends and basically trim up the cut I had and learn what my hair would do. Then the shampoo and the real cut. Then the blow out and some more cutting after seeing what happens when my hair dries! I had a good time talking with him and am so happy to have found someone that knows how to cut the hair of someone who has a LOT of hair!

Not the best photo...but you can see how I still have a lot of length but it's all layered up and has movement again

IMG_2019.jpg

Then we took a walk downtown because I wanted to see if any of the Smartwool 1/4 zips were on clearance at the one store...and sure enough. Score! So I picked up a second one which will be very handy for our big road trip. I picked up the last one and it happened to be in my size. This is the shirt and I got Lochness Heather...which is the lovely green teal like color:

https://www.smartwool.com/shop/womens-merino-250-base-layer-quarter-zip-sw0np221?variationId=961

So Melody...if you wanted any more...might be time to check your local stores for clearance, with Spring Break on the horizon a lot of winter is going on sale.

Oh...and I wanted to say how awesome I think it is that your outfit planning was so easy Laurie! That is a very good indication that you are building a wardrobe that you love!

Some of us had been using Photobucket to post photos here and those links have been disabled by the company as part of their new fee structure. That may be why you can't see those pictures.

Melody, I think this is the color you mentioned.

https://www.jjill.com/product/we-ballet-sleeve-jacket

The full length picture of this outfit in the catalog is really pretty, but I can't find it anywhere to post here.

Anita -- good hair! How nice that you found someone who knows what they are doing. I like the shaping around your face. Enjoy!

Margaret, that’s the color! I tried it on (as that was my favorite color as a redhead, I don’t know if it looked good, I just know I liked it). My daughter just said, no Mom, that makes you look tired & washed out. So no ivy for me. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So much to comment on here!

First, the bronze sandals I had pretty much decided on. The only thing I wasn't 100% sure on was the lighter dress. My theory with wearing metallic sandals has always been to match my jewelry. This works with the teal dress very well, and I feel like it's a bit unexpected without being distracting. With the brown shorter dress, the layered necklace is a bit longer, and the gold is just...how do I describe it? Has more of a brownish feel to it than most standard gold costume jewelry. And there are some great colors in the beads that work with those sandals.

With the ivory dress, I think that having a necklace with a darker stone helps bring it together. The gold with kind of disappear and just feel harmonious (one of my favorite words - remember Style Statement?) but the bronze sandals and the jewelry make it into an outfit, so it is a go.

Anita, I love your hair. I like that you can leave it down, and it isn't just hanging there, if you know what I mean. But if you are doing things, and don't want it getting in the way, it's long enough to pull back. That is a great length to have. I tried a longer length more recently, but my hair tends to get a bit stringy like. That probably isn't a good word. My hair is silky like, not oily. I think the big thing is that it needed a good cut.

I like my hairdresser. She does a nice job, and she is a great person. But I would really, really love to find the kind of person that just cut your hair, Anita. I need someone that can help me figure out what I need to do. That being said, I finally got my hair cut about a week ago and I hadn't had it cut since August. My hair grows like a weed, so it was getting pretty long. I'm satisfied with the cut, just searching for something that may be better for me.

I'm digressing though. I really love that cut on you!

Melody, on my computer monitor, that ivy color seems to be leaning towards air to me. I migrate to olive all the time, and I have to be careful because I'll grad that ivy like colors and it isn't the best for me. That is so funny to say, because I'm currently wearing pants in a nice, muted ivy color, lol. Not olive, ivy. I like to wear things other than denim, and these are a great fit. I should see if Eddie Bauer has them in a warm khaki. That store just loves gray, olive and khaki. The majority of the store tends to be very much filled with air colors.

So in searching for some shirts, I ordered two off of Ebay, new with tags, very good sellers. Both had free shipping. I searched quite a bit when finding the shirts to see who had them the cheapest, and with free shipping for each, I felt they were good options.

Both were ordered either Sunday or Monday, and one already arrived. First, it is really nice and earthy. The background color is strong enough for me although it is light. And then there is brown and a rusty red color. So a print that is all earth.

The downside? It has that big trapeze type fit that I try to avoid. Honestly though, I can take it in about 4 inches per side, and it will have a nice loose fit without feeling billowy. If any of you are looking for an to wear knit for summer, this is a great shirt.

https://www.6pm.com/p/lucky-brand-woodblock-tunic-natural-multi/product/8968895/color/2006?zhlfid=139&kpid=42616893&ef_id=Wm9lwgAACsWtTg2j:20180302021015:s

The Ebay price was pretty much the same, maybe 50 cents different?

Here is the other one that I am waiting for. This is a bigger risk color wise. The rust color looks great. The navy? Well, it is a distinct looking navy on my screen. Here is my thought. I have a navy skort. I also have navy dress pants for work.

I can try it with the skort, as it is sleeveless and light weight. If it turns out to be a bit sheer, I can layer it over a rust/sienna tank I have from Target. I think Anita has the same one. We will have to see how that works in real life. I'm not bothered with the layers, but I would probably wear it on a sea day rather than a port day, since we are usually covered on deck. Of course, outside of a cruise, I could get a lot out of it if I'm comfortable with the overall darker look. I think it will work out.

With my work pants, I can definitely see this with a sweater or blazer or suit. I'm looking currently for a navy suit, since I'm not having luck with finding a brown one. At least I have two other print tops that have both earthy brown colors in them along with the navy so that the outfit work together.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332437206993

The funny thing is, with the cell phone photo, my green dress looks cool too. In real life, it is a great earthy color. Phtos can be so deceiving.

I'm content with the dress choices. The last to be pulled was the brown print. I love the dress, but would rather wear solid colors.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Hope everyone on east coast is safe. My cousin just had to be evacuated from her house. She has a stream about 500 yds from her house & it overflowed flooding her basement & shorting out her sump pump. She’s been in this house for 25 years & stream has never overflowed before. Fire Dept made her leave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've had mostly very cold weather this year with our storms, but not this time. Afew days ago, it was in the 60s. Yesterday was rain and it turned to snow overnight. It is very heavy and wet. There have been a lot of power outages too. I don't really know how much snow we got, but the last i heard, we were at 14 inches I think. I can't complain - the higher elevations have way more.

The other shirt came in. It is very pretty. It is dark for me, but I think it will work with my wardrobe. I know I mentioned my navy pants, but I also have a pair that is a dark rust and then a medium rust tone pair. This works with all of them if I tuck it in. For shorts, I'd rather wear it with something lighter and untucked. It has a really nice high low look to it, and is styled much better for me than the other shirt.

But the other shirt will be great once I adjust it.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I feel a bit bad about the sideways pictures. I must have changed something in the settings that I'm not aware of.

These are whst I think eill be my daytime outfits. This is a 6 day cruise and I have 7 outfits. I always like having an extra.

1520179952223.thumb.jpg.6c35b33f6bfe8bcbf7f8b93e3c8e5078.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

1520179916895.thumb.jpg.98f6b6b4792d102ffba32faddb2855e5.jpg

1520179922758.thumb.jpg.ed139f9cf95c8c0331afd5cfb9ff4202.jpg

These sandals are old, but every cruise they come along. They easily go along with 3 outfits, I think. By the way, the colors are showing s not off, but those are rust colored shirts. The v neck one is a colir I call burnt Siena. It's brown like.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Laurie, you always look so put together! I’ll be taking “our” shirt with me in August. I have olive pants, capris & a skort so it’ll get some wear! I also have an olive shrug that really changes the look of it (& exactly matches the pants!).

I think we’ve about decided to drive. My cousin has a cottage on the lake in upstate NY & has invited us to stay there (on either side of our trip). Laurie, maybe we could meet for lunch if the timing works out! Melody

So I posted one picture twice and didn't post the picture of the sandals! Oops...I will do that in a bit.

My cruise sails April 8th, and I will be flying down to Florida the day before. I pretty much have a month to go.

Melody, when will you be in Upstate New York? What area?

I'm just thinking too that there are some details you can't see in the pictures, but the rust top with the khaki cuffed shorts has a choker to it. It's really nice.

Then with the new navy and rust print shirt, I have a necklace that is just perfect for it. It's very modest. I was trying to post the picture I took of it, and CC said it was too big. It was just a quick photo from my phone, you know? I don't really have any earrings picked out for the casual day outfits. I have a really rough time - my ears are very sensitive. I can wear them for a few hours at dinner though.

Laurie, we’ll be up by Niagara & driving the Thruway thru Syracuse into Boston, don’t have dates yet, either last week of August or second week of September. Melody