All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Melody, after the month you've had, how do you look so good?!? Bet it felt good to be out, even if it was cold. It's supposed to be 60 here on Thursday. I saw geese in the Newtown Creek last week.

Laurie, you both look so wonderful. I hope you had a beautiful evening together.

DH always gets me chocolate for Valentine's Day. He's supposed to watch his sugar so this year I got him a gift bag full of red office supplies. You may think that's ridiculous but he LOVES that kind of stuff. All he needs is a four color pen and some interesting stick notes and he's happy as a clam. :D

Happy Valentine's Day!

valentines.jpg

Melody , You look great . It is great to be healing .

Laurie , Great picture

Margaret , I gave Gary a 23 & me DNA kit for Valentine's Day , He has wanted one for awhile. He has been so great through this .I told him no gifts but I am sure I will get candy that He will eat .

Happy Valentines Day !

Thanks all, felt great to be out, came home & slept for 2 hours! Les is grilling scallops & asparagus tonight, I hope to be able to eat one of each! I’m making him raspberry thumbprint cookies today (which means all of our kids will find a reason to come by [emoji23]

Sally, let me know how that 23&me kit works out for you. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

23andme is great. They do an exceptional.job of giving you health tidbits and really fun, interesting info. Ancestry gives a bit more on heritage though.

They are both great, just different. My husband was even able to pinpoint three areas of Ireland that he is from!

I forgot to move my arm away from my body in that picture. We had a great time, but it seems I've picked up a bit of a cold.

Melody and Sally, I'm so happy that you are both doing better.

Margaret, we are having warmer weather too. It's getting cold again tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thankfully, it's just a minor cold.

I had a few t-shirts that I wanted to put away today. I'm not a t shirt wearer overall, but I do have a few special ones that I have kept for sentimental reasons. I was making a mental note of my summer tops, thinking about outfits for my cruise.

I don't know about all of you, but I find it hard to find easy to wear tops thst aren't just a basic knit top. I buy the best things that I can find, but it does seem like selection is limited.

I wore some cute tops on my last cruise, but I like being able to wear a regular bra as strapless ones bother my skin s lot. It's that silicon stuff they use to keep it in place?

If I can wear a racer back bra, I'm good because I have some great bras that have convertible straps. They aren't those strapless type where you remove the straps. They have a great shape to them.

It's hard to describe what I'm looking for sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Laurie, have you tried these? You can use them with a regular bra if you let the straps out a lot. They are great for those tops that aren't quite racerback but your straps drift out. Mine is adjustable so I can change the width.

When I was dancing we used to use a barrette this way to keep our thin leotard straps from slipping off in class. Always had one in my bag.

https://www.boscovs.com/shop/prod/braza-bra-magic-clip/110997.htm?utm_source=Google&utm_term=110997&utm_content=Ladies+%3e+Lingerie+%26+Sleepwear+%3e+Bras&utm_campaign=CSE&cid=CSE:Google&scid=scplp7266169&sc_intid=7266169&adpos=1o2&utm_medium=CSE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpo_i2t2w2QIVVMDICh0OogMmEAkYAiABEgK6cfD_BwE

Anita and I have been talking about the ring around my iris, which is a dark blue. Finding the navy that matches is a challenge. I think it's a lot like this color, which doesn't veer toward purple at all but still isn't a green blue. I always thought it was dark teal, but it isn't. I have always thought my eyes were teal but really it is the mix of blue and green and brown that gives them that appearance.

https://www.garnethill.com/shirttail-cashmere-sweater/310288?&defattribvalue=main

Actually just noticed the Burnt Coral color, too... very nice.

I am hoping the FIRE ladies will post some pictures when theirs are done!

That sweater top is so cute . If winter was still here I would buy that . I haven't done my eye picture yet but I will .

Laurie , Have you looked at Lucky Brand shirts . I really like the one I got . I wear a lot of linen in the summer especially JJill linen because it gets softer the more you wear them. I do have tons of knit tops and none require anything but regular bras.

Margaret, those are all great items. I noticed the last one comes in this color that falls between coral and rust. I'm never really sure what to call it, but it is one of my favorites when I can find it. I really need to head over to Coldwater Creek and see what else they have. By head over, I mean to head over on the internet. We do not have a store near me. I'm always looking for new places to look for things, as sometimes I get an idea in my head and then I'm on a hunt.

I found a few things as the Lucky Brand store online, and the sales prices were great. There is shipping though, so I got to wondering what the chances may be to find those items in a store, if there is one near by. It turns out there is a store right up at the mall, so I'm going to go back to the website because I can make a return fairly easily. I also should check the store out in person as well.

Some things aren't all that earthy. This here has a wonderful, warm background to it, and I was very excited but it isn't probably all that earthy overall.

http://www.luckybrand.com/crochet-lace-tank/7WD60791.html?dwvar_7WD60791_color=610&cgid=s-womens-clothing-shirts

This one has good colors, but is overall light in color for me. Which is funny to say, considering I have that new ivory formal night dress.

http://www.luckybrand.com/border-printed-top/7W63209.html?dwvar_7W63209_color=100&cgid=s-womens-clothing-shirts#prefn1=outletExcludeEcom&prefv1=false&sz=336&start=1

Since I had downtime today, I tried to use it to my advantage. I was trying on my formal night dresses, feeling certain I would have an aha moment, and know exactly what I wanted to bring. I did not. So I switched gears and started looking at what I would wear the other nights. Sometimes, that helps me decide because I like to bring along a variety of items.

That didn't work either, lol.

So I looked at my other dresses, tried some on and so forth. I eliminated a few of them. Since I always go to lunch with my sister when I'm off from work on a holiday like this, I decided not to think about it any more. We had a great lunch, and then I ran some errands. I was talking at dinner about a few things when my daughter reminded me she hasn't seen the ivory or champagne lace dresses on me. She has been against the ivory dress a little, stating it isn't a good color for me.

I went ahead and tried them on, and she looked at the ivory one and said " you HAVE to take that one." But I tried on the other dresses for her too, and she really wasn't sure what I should do.

I thought about it a moment, and decided that I should try not to focus on variety, and just ask myself what my two favorite dresses are. With that in mind, it looks like the ivory and teal dresses are going, even if they are both lace. I know that is subject to change, but that is where I stand right now.

I took a picture of the dresses I am choosing from for the rest of the cruise, and I have some ideas. I'll post the picture from my phone shortly, but I have a lot of narrowing down to do. I need to decide first how dressy I want to be going to the specialty restaurant for date night. Typically I wear a short dress that is nicer. Not necessarily formal, just not casual. I want to make sure my husband feels he can wear what he wants too, so if he wants to be more relaxed, I may choose my dresses based on that. Relaxed for him is khakis with a button down casual shirt that is not tucked in. He doesn't like them baggy, and so many of his are too big. I ordered a few new ones for him so we will see how that works out. Even with the casual approach, he tries to make sure they look nicer.

I guess we are a good couple. :-)

I found a few tops over at Venus that seemed nice. I get their catalogs all the time, but I tend to dismiss them. I feel like they make sure all the models are "spilling out" of the shirts all the time, and it just makes me not want to buy from them. Someone I work with told me that I should give them a try, because you don't need to wear a push up bra or anything and some of the things are nice.

I decided t try this shirt here, as my convertable bra can me worn as a halter very easily. I will see how it works out. Once again, a very light color but it will go great with all my shorts and skorts.

https://www.venus.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=7~63~&ProductDisplayID=27168&sale=1

I guess I am looking for something that has a bit of a shape to it. Not necessarily fitted, I just don't want a boxy look. I love the look of the looser tops now, it is just hard to make them work for me because I'm still pretty top heavy. I'm hoping I don't spill out of that shirt. If it fits well, it will very likely make the trip!

Sally, I giggled yesterday during dinner. My daughter said to me "Mom, you know you are like,a type A person, right?"

I can let go of it when I want to, but I enjoy all the planning. If my husband told me to pack for a surprise cruise and I had one day to do it, I would manage just fine. And when we go to Boston, it's all about the team so I bring almost all Boston stuff. Easy.

Speaking of teams, cruises, etc...this may surprise some of you. I mentioned once that when we travel, we like to wear our Syracuse stuff. My husband has chosen a Syracuse shirt a few times for our boarding day. He loves how it is a conversation starter. Well, his shirts are all pretty big, so I just ordered him a new one that is navy and has a color block of gray on the side with the Syracuse logo on it. I also found a women's shirt that is a big retro, and it is ivory with a Syracuse design on the front. I am seriously thinking that if we don't wear our shirts together on boarding day, we will on another day on the ship!

It's not so much about formality, it's about getting just the right thing. It's really cool for other reasons as well, since we support a lot of different Syracuse sports at different times of the year.

Margaret, that sweater you posted a few posts back was really nice. I liked that a lot!

Melody, how are you doing?

Melody , I hope you are doing okay and on the mend

Laurie , That first Lucky Brand shirt should look great on you since it is mostly red

I do plan for my cruises and vacations just looser . I pick out the items but I do not have a specific day planned .Right now I am planning for Gary's sons wedding next month . I am so glad I bought the outfit and the jewelry before I got sick so I do not have to worry about that .

Today we were supposed to be in Cuba but we are not . I am not sad since I am so happy to be getting better . We will make plans once I am 100%. RCL is cruising to Cuba almost weekly from Tampa and now they have longer Cuba cruises going from Miami on the Empress .

I’m doing pretty well, still only eating about 5tbsp at a sitting (5-6 times a day). Went shopping with my oldest daughter today (in the snow & 16 degree weather). Got a great grass green hoodie at Soft Surroundings, yes it’s soft [emoji6]. I’m bushed

Sally, you’ll get to Cuba

Laurie, love how you plan. I’m more like Sally. I know what I’m taking but not when I’m wearing it. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Laurie, if you search on the color names I gave within the Coldwater Creek website, it will bring up other items in that color. I just posted those particular things to show the colors that I liked. I do miss their store very much, I was much more likely to buy their stuff when I could see them IRL first. It was on the way to my dermatologist so I was in there regularly. Now that beautiful store is a CVS. :eek:

I like that first LB top a lot. You would be surprised at how earthy their tops can look on, even if there are non-earth colors in the pattern. They have particularly nice reds -- I think it will look good on you. I might even have a look! I actually have that second top. It's very neutral so I can throw it on with whatever shorts I'm wearing at the lake and it works. It is very lightweight and cool, but still looks like a top instead of just a tshirt. Super easy to hand wash in the sink if you need to. I like it when I'm feeling more organic and less Dramatic Classic. :) I do have my low-key moments, you know.

Melody, we had 28 degrees and snow on Saturday, and tomorrow we're supposed to be a record 72. Crazy winter here. Glad to hear you are getting out, even if it is tiring. Isn't that Iris Blue lovely? Periwinkles and lavenders in general don't seem to be very "in" right now and are hard to find, but that color is a good one for me. One of these days I'd love the perfect bathing suit in that color.

My last trip I planned a lot like Sally. I knew what I wanted to take, just not what day or time I would be wearing it. Very different from our Panama trip where we had so many specific activities and clothes that I made a chart!

I'm trying to explore some of the new color ideas from the Zyla colors. Namely that peachy/mauve that is my blush color. I got this nice Jones New York top to wear to work for $16. I wear more black to work than I should because I've been shopping for my larger clothes on the cheap, and cheap black clothes are everywhere here. It's not a good photo (cell phone, yuk) but the skin tones are accurate. Even though I have some sun damage on my chest and shoulders, this color seems to minimize it, and my eyes still looked blue (sometimes black will make them look gray).

peachy.jpg

I picked up the red in the flowers for my earrings and lipstick. I don't have any accessories in the peach family. Did I tell you our Charming Charlie's is gone? Oh where will I get my cheap but trendy jewelry now??