All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

My recovery time is about 4 weeks so we won’t make the 80th bday celebration in 2 weeks (which is the reason we thought about FL). Of course I’m already thinking how I could get to the gym before then [emoji849]. Les will likely tie me to a chair if I mention it [emoji6]

Laurie. I concur with Sally. A weekend just isn’t enough time “to do” Boston. One thing you really need to do is walk the entire Freedom Trail. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Melody the worst part of my laparoscopy wasn't pain it was the horrible bloating. So uncomfortable. I looked like a 45 y.o. pregnant woman, people would give me strange looks. Still way better than the old major surgery route, though.

I had so much planned for yesterday, but I had an allergic reaction to something and the whole day was shot. I got very hot, turned bright red, and then broke out in hives. OMG. Took a benadryl and a cold shower and then slept the whole day away. My tummy is still a little dodgy today but I have to go to work. Hoping to take a nap when I get home.

Even though I am skipping the Vegas trip, we just booked our annual weekend in Palm Beach with cousins for March. We'll have our own car this year so I'm hoping to get to a Zumba class at least, to counteract all the sitting and eating we do there. That orange and black blouse with the knife pleat sleeves will work for at least one of the dinners. I'll have to meander through my closet to see what else I have.

Sally, hope you're over the worst of the flu. Melody, behave yourself. :)

Margaret, yes the bloating is insane! Also the hiccups when I attempt to eat anything. I had an allergic reaction in the hospital to the stickon monitor leads (why I had to spend an extra day). They thought at first that I was allergic to the superglue used to close the incisions but narrowed it down to the leads when they replaced them & I got worse. Fun times! Melody

They say that most surgeries will make you bloat and swell. That seems like it would be a real source of discomfort!

I would follow your doctor's orders, Melody. There is no point in risking anything.

Margaret, I don't think I mentioned it to you, but your living room looks great! It looks straight out of a magazine, and perfect for city life. It's funny because I was thinking yesterday how much certain things drive me crazy. I am not a clutter fan at all. But I also like having things around - pictures and various knick knacks, I guess you could say. I prefer to have fewer large things than a bunch of small ones. With pictures, I love to arrange them on a wall to create a grouping. I will get a photo shortly.

When I was working on Style Statement, in addition to the words harmony and elegance coming up, I recall there was a lot about the feeling of safeness and security within my home. I need to be surrounded by personal things, things that make me happy.

But I don't want to see clutter, lol. My family room has a built in, so all our DVDs, games and many photo albums are out of site. But then I have some cherished items out on the shelves There are a few things out in the groupings that aren't right, and that bothers me. But due to sentimental value, and needing those loved items, I haven't figure out how to change it just yet.

On another note, my daughters stopped in to my room last night and they were looking at my dresses I had out. I told them that I didn't know what I was bringing on my cruise yet. They both really liked that necklace and bracelet with the burgundy dress. We were talking about the others, and I mentioned how I liked the idea of wearing my bronze sandals with one of the dresses, prepared for both of them to tell me know. To my surprise, they both thought the sandals would be perfect, and they liked them with burgundy dress as well. I like to see what the options are, and I have found that those sandals work with way more than I would ever anticipate But I usually don't wear them if there is a dominance of gold in my jewelry. So I'd be on the fence with the burgundy dress, I think.

Hi Laurie, I’m doing ok. Energy levels are still plenty low & I can’t bend over to put socks on or shoes (that was expected), but it’s still irritating. The best part is I haven’t had a single incident on GERD since the surgery! I go back to the doc on Wednesday & will know more then. Thanks for asking

I have your bronze sandals but in flat gold. Melody

Melody, it's good to hear from you and that things are going as expected. I know it's hard for active people like us to have patience with the healing process. Hopefully you are enjoying some good books and movies.

Sally, I hope you are finally feeling better. You must be getting down to the wire with your planning and packing!

Laurie, I am still surprised sometimes at what becomes a wardrobe go-to for me, or what impulse purchases fold seamlessly into regular rotation. I imagine your sandals work with a lot more than you originally envisioned. Metallics are great that way.

Anita has been busy on the home front, but I am looking forward to my eye analysis when she has the time. I have been thinking that "my white" is really champagne, and "my black" is a dark denim blue. Hence my love of dark jeans. :) I wonder if she will concur. I was surprised when I looked at my eye photo in super zoom that I have a lot of pale yellow/green in there.

Sally, hope you heal quickly. What you need is some warm ocean breezes (which you probably get on your own deck at home!). I got out for the first time since being home. Started off pushing a cart around Costco, gave up & Les got me a ride on cart, much better. Home now & going to nap. Can’t wait till my energy level improves. Melody

Melody, so glad that all seems to be well...I hope you have a good check up on Wednesday. Recovery is boring...I'm with Margaret, I hope you have some good books and movies!

Sally, so sorry you got hit with such a bad bug! NOT fun...and for it to affect your trip. I understand that it would be relatively easy to reschedule...but still, such a bummer. I hope you feel better soon.

Margaret...your room is lovely. Mom and Dad had brass and glass tables a while back...yours are much more sculptural in the brass bases. Very architectural, very nice. I love the pop of blue in the room with the chair. Very nice. Feels very urban to me for whatever reason. Looks like a magazine photo!

Laurie...I like the bronze shoes with the dress a lot. I like the monochromatic, tone on tone, texture on texture kind of look. Makes me think you could really pop the look with more colorful jewelry.

I have been very busy around the house. I got the storage unit dealt with. I did not go through it and "lighten the load"...not when I realized that I could get the stuff to fit in the space without having to deal with that process by a good pack and organization. What feels awesome is knowing everything that is there. There is still bit more to do...there are some things (Christmas) that haven't been brought down there yet...and that will require a bit more of a rearrange, but nothing major. Whew.

And the taxes are done. Well. They are all sorted. I need to print them out and send them off. I normally do the electronic filing, but Georgia makes us mail them in because we have to mail in the New Jersey paperwork as well. The cost of filing the state taxes is a lot when you consider that we have to file in 3 different states this year. SO MUCH FUN!!! ;p

Anyway...I've sent Margaret the files for her to look over and see if she thinks what I've picked out is a good representation of her eyes IRL. Meanwhile...I wanted to share this...

This is a cropped photo of my eye in full sunlight:

IMG_1953.png

This is a cropped photo of my eye in indirect light on an overcast day:

003.png

So, the second photo is more in keeping with my mental image of myself. But I find that the first photo is what appears more often. I find value in both, because I think it's helpful to see how your eye may appear in different lighting. So I find it valuable to have figured out my colors based on both pictures. But I would say that the daylight photo is probably my 80% of the time photo...and perhaps if I wear colors from the overcast photo...my eyes may appear to be more like that photo, which is what I would prefer, I think.

But the daylight photo is probably more representative of me, especially when the overcast photo makes my eyes and Margaret's eyes look so much a like, and I know for having met Margaret in person that our eyes are NOT close in appearance.

Anyway...we keep talking about nuances in coloring, so I wanted to share this...

IMG_1953.png

20180125_074305.png

Margaret_Eyes_2.png

I think Laurie, Margaret, and I are all very different. I feel like you can see the low value contrast, low color in my photo. In Laurie's, I feel like hers is still low color...but a much higher value contrast, where she has the dark and the light, much further away from each other. And Margaret's looks very colorful by comparison...and maybe more medium in the value contrast.

Anita, it is so intriguing to look at the differences and similarities in our eyes. I am really thinking a lot about what it would be like to see our eyes compared to fire, or air or ice. I recall that with a previous experiment we did with eye color, that my husband, who is an air, his eye color seemed very solid, and therefore clear.

It's snowing today, but not a lot. Just off and on. It looks pretty, and I always enjoy seeing the snow white. After a few days, it gets all yucky from salt, cars, etc. And our snow blower broke. It was a bit old, and we were making plans to replace it because we were pretty sure it had one more winter left in it at the most.. My husband as very good at taking care of it, but we've had it quite a while. Then the wheel fell off the other day. When researching parts and so forth, we realized it made more sense to replace it now.

We also lucked out because our store had 3 left of the one we wanted to purchase. However, when we got there, they could not find them. How do you lose three big snowblowers? Anyway, they offered us the next one up and gave us a discount so that we were paying the same amount. They were great.

So I"m hoping the snow remains light until it is delivered on Wednesday since it wouldn't fit into our vehicle. :D (they gave us free delivery too!!)

My mind is very much focused on the cruise and what I'm going to bring, and what I'm going to do.

Our first day is a sea day. The second, we are in Grand Cayman and we decided on a helmet dive. It was something we have always talked about doing, so we decided it would be a good time to try it out. We will have enough time for a leisurely lunch as well. That evening, we have reservations for Chops.

The next day is Costa Maya, and we had a tour planned. Problem is, I got things a bit mixed up and the tour I chose was Cozumel, not Costa Maya. So that day is now open again. There is a tour there for Kohunlich Mayan Ruins. I'm debating, as it is 6 hours, and 4 of the hours are spent in the drive back and forth. So I'm iffy on that. Most of what I am seeing for excursions emphasizes beach and snorkeling.

The following day is Cozumel, and we have reservations for Nachi Cocum. I just love going there, and I'm really looking forward to it.

The next day is a sea day, and we have reservations on board for their wine tasting event. We've done this a few times before. We enjoy learning about wines. Even though we know it will be the same, we still want to do this.

And the next day we get back! It's a 6 night cruise.

I had two dresses that I wanted to take in. They were dresses that were jersey. That makes them easy to pack and wear, and they were not fitted so I thought they would make a good choice. They were just a little too big, and this was easy to do. Normally, I don't touch jersey because I don't have a Serger but this really doesn't come into play because they're seams and a loose fit. It was very quick and easy to do.

I am pretty sure I am taking these two dresses along with the yellow print one from the last cruise.

Anita, I was just organizing and doing taxes myself this weekend. I like to have all these files, and things organized...but it got away from me a bit, and I was realizing how much stuff I needed to get rid of. So I'm recycling and shredding a lot of paper this weekend. Last weekend, we were cleaning out the den a bit. We plan to get rid of the hutch that sits on top of the desk as it is freestanding. We don't really need it, but we had to clean to move things around. I'd get rid of even more, but my husband likes to keep things more than me, lol.

Melody, recovery is a slow process. My sister prepared for her hip replacement well in advance, including stocking up on food and the like, and rearranging things. She even knew enough to move surge protectors and things so that she could reach them easily to plug in her electronics for charging. She watched TV, read books, listened to music. She also had a lot of physical therapy, occupational therapy and exercises she had to do so I know that is quite a bit different. But all surgery recovery takes time. You'll get there before you know it!

Sally, I hope you start to feel better. I've had the flu once, quite a few years ago now. It is an awful things to get, as it really drains you. I think by the time your cruise is here, you may not feel 100% but good enough for travel? And that nice warm air can be a great thing.

We have a busy weekend next week. Saturday, my husband works overtime in the early afternoon, and that evening is the formal event I have mentioned called Sweet Cabaret. It's music and dinner, just on time for Valentine's Day. Then on Sunday, we have tickets to the basketball game.

Laurie, that looks like a nice itinerary you have lined up. Nachi :D ! I had researched Costa Maya a bit because it is the usual alternate for when they can't port at Roatan on the Princess Western Caribbean itinerary we did. Take a book and an airplane pillow for the bus ride. After climbing around the ruins you will be happy for a nap!

Sally, I hope you are taking good care of yourself. The flu has been all over the news because it is so debilitating this year and is spreading so fast. I am compulsive at school with washing hands and touching as little as possible. I had the flu last year at this time and it was awful. Sometimes I peek at Vacations to go and check out the sales, just for fun. The cruises with overnights to Cuba are slightly discounted now so I'm sure you could find room on a later one if you have to. It isn't going anywhere. :cool:

Poor Anita is plugging away on my eye photo. It seems like there are a gazillion colors in there. In the meantime I have been trying to master the album-building part of Shutterfly because they bought the program I had been using and shut it down. I am doing my two Houston trips as one book since the first cruise was the oil spill one and our itinerary was scrapped.

Looking back at the first set of cruise photos is strange because it was just before my dad had his heart attack and my life took the giant detour of more actively caring for my parents. I feel as though the stress of the last four years has taken it's toll on my face and aged me. It is motivating me to make space in my schedule for working out more and eating healthier. It is frustrating to feel like I lost so much ground after all that hard work.

I am so happy with my new coat! I am back to wearing more brown and blue and all my pretty scarves. :) Thursday I wore it with a scarf in various red tones and my red lipstick, and I was stylin'.

Thank you for all the nice compliments on my new living room. I still need to hang my 3D mirrors over the couch, and I feel like I need some red or something in there to finish it. Then I'll take some more photos. Seeing pics of Laurie's home makes me think about how I've stripped so much that was sentimental from this room in particular. Perhaps I'll feel the need for that in the future, but for now I like the mental calm I'm getting from it the way it is.

Thanks for all the well wishes .At 50 I could have beat this flu but at 71 with asthma it has taken it's toll .I had to be admitted to the hospital but I am doing better and will be home soon.This is a scarey flu .Do not take it lightly .I went to the Doctor the minute I got it but I just could not shake it and I got so weak .The hospital is loaded with cases .We are thinking maybe May for an attempt at Cuba .Third time has to be a charm

It's pretty good! I sent you a note back...there's real color there. Now, whether or not it's a good representation of your IRL color...well, that's another story. And also how well your monitor will show what colors we isolate in your eye...that's another story as well! I'll send you files to check out through the email. Margaret and I have been chatting over hers. It's a fun process!

Sally, I hope you feel better! You are right about how serious the flu can be. I'm glad you knew to get further treatment for it, even if you ended up in the hospital.

Anita, it will be fun to see the colors from Margaret and Melody's eyes.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk