All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

12 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Cute outfit Melody ! I really like the jean jacket .I heard that JJill may go bankrupt .I hope not .That is my main store.

Sally, They had some cute pants (Just a bit too pricey right now cause I’d only wear them on a cruise) that’d be adorable on a cruise & a sleeveless denim dress (with pockets) that I might have to go back & get. I don’t normally go for dresses, but I liked this one  We actually had to wait to go into the store, I hope they don’t go out of business either. Hmm, guess I didn’t get a picture of the dress. Melody

BFEB264B-E3A9-4DE0-9BE6-F309D16BBDBE.jpeg

49C3E8D8-9757-4206-840C-BCF362BB685A.jpeg

I like that fabric on those pants. I'm always attracted to things like that but IDK that they really work for me. Still like it though.

Well the painting is ALL DONE. Sort of. What we were trying to get done before moving our furniture over is done. Future projects include painting the louvered bifold closet doors as well as the trim around those openings. I have 3 closets like that in my bedroom. SO...LOTS of louvers to paint. Eventually...I think we'll end up replacing the base boards. Almost all the boards came off...a few of them (like the less than 2' one between two of the reach in closets) weren't even nailed in...just kind of wedged in there. Deal is that we do plan to update the flooring from the current laminate (the entire house is this one laminate)...and when we do that...we will replace the baseboards. Meanwhile...not sure if I'm even going to replace all the boards that came off...maybe just wedge the ones that are wedged back in LOL!

I debated replacing and/or somehow updating the louvers...but I think I already mentioned that I uncovered the whole issue of airflow and decided they were in keeping with a more beach-like/coastal inspired theme...so I'm just going to paint them. I think it'll be very Zen. LOL.

IDK how interested anyone really is...but I had decided to go with a PPG paint product. I was debating between a couple and was going to see how the pros in the store were...and that's when I realized...at 2:00pm on Saturday that the store closed at 12 noon and was closed on Sundays. Sigh.

They do sell their products at Home Depot too...not exactly what I was going for...but I didn't want to be so picky that I held up the project and so with that limitation set...I picked out the PPG Diamond paint. I seriously debated the UltraHide Zero (paint only and zero VOCs until you add tint) but knowing that I was going for a deep color...I opted to go for the paint and primer in one (total overkill since I had already primed the walls but oh well).

I'm very glad to have gone through all this...we ended up with a color that I think we will be much happier with than the SW Riverway I had originally spec-ed out. We picked out Azalea Leaf:  "Azalea Leaf is a deep, subdued, Caribbean blue with a turquoise undertone."

Riverway could appear gray in some light. I think Riverway might be more sophisticated...but Azalea Leaf has no hint of gray...and I think I like that so much better. Being a teal tone...sometimes it looks more blue, or more green (especially with warm artificial light). It's very cozy with a bit of serenity. I think it'll be conducive to good sleep!

I still need to take down the tape and all the painting extras...drop cloth, etc...so I'll do that tomorrow and then we'll sleep in our room again!! And I'll take a photo to share. 

I like the eggshell finish a lot. It's a step toward shine after flat. Flat is very forgiving...hides all kinds of imperfections...and absorbs light without reflecting it. I do like just that hint of reflection to give the walls a little life. Maybe it's from living in the rentals for so long...they always pick flat for most walls and then semi-gloss in the wet rooms. I just don't want flat walls. Love my dead flat ceiling though.

So the PPG Diamond is a nice enough paint. It wants to be worked in a very specific way...it isn't very forgiving for instance of any touches of a brush or roller that is at ALL dry...but it will blend the brush cut in with the roller beautifully...and also any touch ups blend wonderfully. At the end of the first coat, there were lap lines and flashing. So I was extremely aware of my method for the second coat and it worked fine. I have a concern though about using this paint in the gathering room...those vaulted ceilings...just not sure.

It says it's a one coat paint but I never believe that. I planned for two coats and did two coats. It dried very fast...maybe even a little too fast...and that could be why it was a little less forgiving to work with that the paint I used to love. Overall though...I'm happy with the room...and I'm glad to have some experience with the paint, so that I can go to the actually PPG store and talk with some intelligence about this paint to see if there is a paint in their product line that would be better suited to my needs.

DS leaves a week from today... 😞 But the good news is that we think we found a flat...

• Like 1

We’re painting today. This bedroom is going to be a satin finish, always have gone eggshell before so we’ll see...it is a lower level 3/4 below ground so we wanted to make it a bit lighter. Well if we don’t like it, it’s only paint!

Anita, hope you did find a flat!  Bittersweet 

• Like 1

Satin is just that one more step in shine so hopefully it'll work out! The only thing I know about any shine is that the more shine you have the more the imperfections in your wall show. I've never worked with anything more than eggshell though... I hope it turns out!

I haven't heard back yet from the other mom (DS's flatmate's mom and the flatmate have been the legs on the ground) but she was going after the flat. The market is fast over there and this particular flat was one the guys had really liked but when they were off to see it last week it week off the market overnight. But it came back on and they saw it and we're going after it so...maybe I'll text her for an update...

Anita, good luck with the flat search. I hope the other mom is fast on her feet!

With all your research, it sounds like you will now be our “go to” for paint info! Are you going to spray or use a brush on the louvre doors? 

Melody, I think the satin will work out well in your bedroom but if not, as you say, it’s only paint. I remember many years ago when we painted one of the kids rooms in their chosen color, just one wall painted and it was a disaster. Fixing that was easy because we just had to repaint but all the prep stuff was still in place. 
Sharon

Alrighty...so here's the color in the room...

F509-B1-DA-F796-41-F0-859-D-75-F772125-E

404-BC1-F5-53-BA-4-F0-A-8-C38-150-B1-B57

Depending on the light...it will look more blue or more green. You can see the missing baseboards I mentioned. There was a bit of an issue with a poor tape job on the one big baseboard. Sigh. The tape went up onto the wall...and so you can see white above the baseboard. Sigh. 

The room has eastern/slightly toward the southeastern exposure, so nice morning light and otherwise is fairly dark. That color expert paint person...can't remember his name now but I linked to his YouTube channel before...anyway he had talked about how rich a darker color can be in a darker room. How cozy and like a hug...and this seemed very fitting to try for our bedroom.

The bi-folds are screaming for white paint now though!! LOL. White trim will really pop with this wall color. I have no qualms about painting the trim either because it is that fake wood look stuff, not the real deal. I think the doors are real...but the trim isn't. I found an integrated handle/hinge for bifold so the pull and push is actually at the hinge...very minimalist and unobtrusive so thinking to get those when we paint.

I still have to do my ceiling fan update.

We ordered new outlets, switches, and plates. Screwless design that looks very sleek. We bought brushed nickel. It all started because I wanted to change out the ones by our nightstands to have integrated USB charging ports. I'm so sick of the bricks for the phones and iPads. Just a mess and researching that I found this pretty sleeker looking style. Then it turns out that one of the electric outlets is just full on chipped, etc etc. and when it is all said and done, we just ordered new for the whole room. The good news is that with a 12x16 room, there weren't too many.

I still need to clean the floor...and move the mattress back into the room...and figure out how to block the windows until I decide on new window coverings. We are not putting the colonial blue venetian blinds back up LOL.

The next project will probably include the yoga room/kitchen pantry...and maybe the reach-in closets. There are some shelves in-between the two on the wall not pictured but the rest of the closet is a single bar and shelf. Wire. Will definitely have fun planning better organization there.

• Like 1

Sharon...I have done a lot of reading about paint! Spent too much time on the different forums reading pro opinions and just reading about paint in general. As it turns out, we ended up getting a "best on a budget" pick on paint...so that's interesting. I think it's easy to look around and see paint for $50-80 a gallon and figure that it should be good paint. Doesn't mean there isn't other good paint...especially if you are a good prepper. And I'm not going to spend that much on paint. That's not in my budget nor does my house justify that kind of expenditure.

For the bifolds...I'm debating actually. I'm wondering about doing chalk paint? Or some other more furniture renovation targeted paint? Partly because I've read good things about working with chalk paint and I could get a finish that could be a bit more matte and not a high gloss finish. Most other paints for trim work and wood work tend to be in the higher gloss category and I'm a bit concerned about that. If we go the route of "normal" paint, then we will absolutely get a sprayer. We've already spec-ed one out. It's a Wegner sprayer. And with the sprayer, it would still be WAY cheaper than buying new. And new is usually only primed anyway...so there's that.

If I go the chalk paint route...I'll have to see if that works well with a sprayer. You have to have thiner paint with the sprayer...and it may not be an issue, I just don't know yet. I'm leaning toward a sprayer though because we do have a need to paint the exterior and with the heavy stucco exterior, we'll definitely be spraying. So it makes sense to get the sprayer and use it for such interior jobs as well.

Anita, our daughter sprayed her plantation shutters & they came out beautifully. She opted not to use chalk paint (it had been her first choice, I don’t know why she decided against it). She has a Wegner sprayer. 

We painted the room today, it’s ok.  We’ll wait till it’s completely dry to see if we’ll switch to a Behr paint & redo it. Neither of us cared for the Valspar Signature, color was perfect tho.  Les let me tape & do the cut in work then he came in & rolled away. I likely did too much, I’m very, very sore. He’ll do the vapor barrier & likely start the floor tomorrow after our bloodwork appts. Melody

Melody...I'd be interested to know why she changed her mind on the chalk paint. The doors aren't high on the to do list. There are functional things that will come before that kind of decorator wish it looked different kind of project. I suppose you could classify just about everything we just did in our bedroom as the wish it looked different...but lying on the mattress and looking up at the ring around the ceiling fan in the popcorn? Well...it was more than just wish it looked different. It was GROSS.

So anyway...I have time to make a decision so would like to learn what she learned that influenced her decision.

DH put the baseboards back in. He got to use his new brad nailer...👍😂 I cleaned the louvered doors...which I'm pretty sure hadn't been cleaned in 20 years. Talk about gross. And the new outlets and switches and plates that arrived today were installed. Three more are still on the way.

So I learned a little something today about the sellers. Talking to my new neighbor...talking about moving back into the bedroom and just the house in general. She says that the sellers just didn't give a s---. Don't pull too hard on the TP roll because it's held to the wall with toothpicks and the towel bar is about to fall and oh, don't wiggle on the toilet because the whole thing will shift over... Sooooo, maybe that's why I have a brand new TP holder, towel rack and toilet. I'm beginning to think that the reason the sellers did so much last minute stuff is because they didn't want to anyone to know how they were really living...and so they fixed a bunch of stuff up before leaving. This is just my supposition based on the neighbor's assessment of how the sellers kept their home.

I'm not worried. I have a very thorough inspection and I'm well aware of the status of my 30+ year old home. And it all added up to me getting a good deal with room to grow IMO.

And I have to say that this is the first time in my adult life that I am living in a neighborhood with no HOA. WOW. This is the first time that I have met as many neighbors as I have in such a sort time. It's really great. Every day passes with me being so grateful.

Melody...it's a bummer to put in all the work and not like the result. And I hope you recover quickly. 

• Like 1

Daughter started back teaching yesterday (I brought her wine last night). She opted not to use the chalk paint because of the sprayer (& she didn’t want to brush the shutters). Only reason. Her shutters look fabulous. 

The room is dry & looks great, so we’ll leave it alone, dried perfectly even ( of course that’s more likely Les’s superior rolling. Looks totally different than it did yesterday, zero touch up. I still prefer Behr paint tho. 

Im still very sore this morning, so I’m on Les-enforced rest today, sigh 

I saw this Olive green dress at Chicos Off The Rack. It looks like so many of you. If you haven’t bought anything at OTR the sizes are the same as Chicos. I’ve been very pleased with my purchases there. Melody 

77E9D3E9-7C92-42E9-86E7-D5D5D794AD01.png

Melody...so glad that the paint turned out! There usually is a big difference between the drying look and the fully dried look. Hope your rest helps your recovery! I know all about the I did something that I don't normally do because I decided to do a home project kind of fatigue and soreness. I will say though...it's becoming more of my norm now! LOL

Thanks for the info from your DD...the closet doors look much improved with a good cleaning and with the baseboards and the electrical covers and the new paint...DH has indicated that he can live with them more than before. I seriously think something must have happened in his childhood that he associates with those doors...they aren't my fave but I didn't have quite the intense negative thoughts DH had. Familiarity is changing his response though...he is definitely more eager for other projects so the doors are shoved down the list.

DS has a dentist appt Wednesday evening back near the apt so we're planning to do the last truck load this week. This will bring the remainder of the furniture and anything else that will fit in the truck. We will likely have a few more 4Runner loads as well, but not much. 

I put a couple of contractor grade black plastic bags over the windows for last night. We have these bags from when we went kayak camping...we used them to keep certain things dry (firewood, etc.). Not an elegant solution but effective. They are literally taped to the windows with painters tape. We had briefly flipped through a book at Lowes and had picked out a natural shade that we liked. Add the privacy backing and the pretty binding and we're talking about hundreds of dollars worth of window coverings...NOT what I'm going to spend my money on. 

I don't like the typical 2" blinds. Never my fave and after years of being in rentals where they are the norm...the cords, the adjustments...the light leaking through...ugh...just. don't. like. blinds. If I can't have the shades I really want...then I have opted for plan B. I'm going to DIY a fabric covered vinyl pull down shade. Bought the two shades and installation hardware for about $25 today. Will go ahead and trim to size and install as is and give myself time to find a fabric that I like. I do have a thing for fabric...but I don't love curtains, so this is actually a fairly decent Plan B.

I'm thinking something that is spa inspired. Maybe an Asian theme? Or botanical? A quick search and I found a white background with gray watercolored cherry blossom print...very nice, but in a decorator fabric. I'm thinking that I need a lightweight quilter's cotton.

Also...planning on making a quilt for the bed. I love quilts but am not much of a traditionalist with decorating...but I found a modern quilt design in Simply Moderne magazine. I liked it so much I bought the magazine. I think it would be too matchy-matchy for me to pick the same fabric as in the quilt...but I could pick it all out at the same time so that it all coordinates. SO...knowing that picking out the fabric may take a bit...I'm going to install the vinyl shades as is and allow myself a trip to JoAnns for fabric shopping after DS leaves.

Meanwhile...I'll be moving on to spray painting the ceiling fan!

• Like 1

Anita, when you mentioned painting louvered doors, I shuddered.  No pun intended there...

Really, I shuddered.  In my old house, we added bifold doors with louvers at the top throughout.  I was excited until I went to paint them.  I was using a brush, and they were not as smooth as I expected them to be, and they were a nightmare.  And I had bought a bunch of them too.  Never again.

That was many years ago, so things can change.  If I were to need to do that now, I would definitely be looking at a cheap sprayer.

I'm not familiar with chalk paint.  What is that like?

Whenever I paint, I always make myself leave the room because I start getting worried I made a bad choice, it didn't cover right, etc.  I totally agree, you have to see the paint fully dried.  I painted the spare room, top to bottom, in what...the end of 2018?  I did the mud room earlier this year, and have been working on trim and doors since.  There is a good chance the upstairs bath will be painted this fall if not earlier.  While I want to work on the den this year, I do think that will be delayed.

I am thinking about tackling a project that is a little different.  That store I like, Rummage Heaven, has had a few tables that I like a lot.  In my basement, i had one of my mom's old demi-lune tables.  I don't know a whole lot about it, but I recall she said my grandfather made it.  It's not a handmade heirloom type table...it was probably put together from existing items.  Growing up, I always thought the finish on it was weird.  My mom explained she used paint and then stain over it to mimic a fancier looking European finish. 

When my mom passed away, I took it and it has been kind of moved around until it landed in the basement 14 years ago.  I went down and brought it up, and realized that I actually like the finish.  The joints need some tightening up, which is easy enough to do with some wood glue, clamps, and a few finishing nails.  The dilemma is the finish.  I think it is in good shape on everything but the top.  So I am thinking I want to refinish just the top.  I don't want it the same as the base. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it?  

Of course, I have my mom's little two shelf bookcase too, and I don't know what I want to do with that yet.  I know of people who can refinish it by sanding and restaining, but it has a leather top that needs replacing.  I could also go in a completely different direction and paint it.  Hm....

Great progress, Anita! Your bedroom will be a wonderful retreat when it’s completed.

Melody, what a relief, I’m sure that your room dried to your liking. I have a question about ordering from Chico’s OTR. I have looked at their shipping info a.nd can’t seem to find any info on actual charges. Am I missing something? Are charges based on the weight of the item or based on dollar amount? So far I have only purchased from one of their stores, none of which are near me.

Sharon

It is fun watching all the projects going on. My daughter is chalk painting her kitchen cabinets .The paint is a sprayer .Louver doors are a pain but you need them for circulation in Florida . 

Laurie, That table screams chalk paint after you sand the top.Chalk painting is an antiquing process . It is very popular around here . You probably saw a lot of it at that shop in Sarasota .

My next project is to redo my deck which is huge . We will have it done .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Great progress, Anita! Your bedroom will be a wonderful retreat when it’s completed.

Melody, what a relief, I’m sure that your room dried to your liking. I have a question about ordering from Chico’s OTR. I have looked at their shipping info a.nd can’t seem to find any info on actual charges. Am I missing something? Are charges based on the weight of the item or based on dollar amount? So far I have only purchased from one of their stores, none of which are near me.

Sharon

Sharon, if you have a Chicos passport number you get the additional 5% off everything & always free shipping. Great benefit, but only if you sign in.  Melody

DS leaves Sunday...as much as I'm motivated with house projects...I'm feeling like I should be spending every minute I can with DS. But that's not realistic...and so life goes on...

I took apart the ceiling fan...it was DISGUSTING. 30+ year old ceiling fan...the filter inside the motor housing? OMG. Anyway...I did my best to label all the screws and to take photos as I took it all apart. Washed everything. The metal parts begin as antique brass:

CB7-A47-EA-DB50-467-B-AEC7-5-E8-E6-A3-B8

And did the spray paint on the metal parts. It came out AWESOME. I have a photo but the light is poor.

All the parts:

130-DBBE1-DDF7-41-B2-B05-F-7-BC24735-C9-

1580-E15-A-2-F18-4-FC1-8-FDF-1-D1061-AF4

Here is a picture in my DIY spray tent, and this shows the copper color in daylight, not under the yellow incandescent light:

677-E11-A9-8014-4-B51-99-E1-65340-CC93-C

It took me 5 hours to get done what I did yesterday...from beginning to end. BUT...that also includes the time it took for me to figure out a spray tent for the actual spraying. I have these little plastic pyramid stands...you can see them if you look hard...I sandwiched them between the layers of the box, poking out to support the pieces so they weren't resting too much on the cardboard...or at all on the cardboard...and giving me a platform so that I could move the pieces out of my spray tent and onto my rigged drying rack. And yes...you can see in the photo that I even spray painted the screws! I'm hoping the paint holding for the most part when I put the fan back together. I still have the blades to do...

Laurie...I'm glad you mentioned what you did. I went an felt the slats on my louvered doors and they definitely are a bit rough. Some of that could be because I washed them. I literally washed them...they were so gross. I probably raised the grain a bit. That's not something I would have really thought about without your comment so THANK YOU. I know I'll need to rough them up a bit before painting but now I will pay more attention when I do my sanding. Eventually. And I'm definitely thinking that no matter what I do...I'll be using a sprayer.

These are the closet doors throughout the house. I'm actually kind of bummed that the sellers replaced the ones in two of the bedrooms. They did it recently too...and put in huge sliders. Sliders are okay...they look nice enough but I actually prefer the way that a bifold door opens up the whole closet. And now there is no ventilation into these big wall closets.

I had covered the doors with plastic for doing all the drywall work and when the air would kick on, I could see how the air would have moved in the room because the plastic was suctioned to the doors like those airless freezer bags. I don't have air vents into these reach-in closets...like Sally said, Florida really needs these doors for the air circulation. It really made me bummed about the other closet doors in the two bedrooms. Sigh. The thing is that the louvered doors were in the photos but they weren't there when we first viewed the property...and they had complained about when their agent took the photos for the listing...ah well. At least being sliders, they aren't air tight.

Laurie...I think your table would look very nice with a chalk paint top. This is a popular choice among people who pin such things on Pinterest:

https://www.anniesloan.com/annie-sloan-products/chalk-paint

I believe that the store bought chalk paint may be a little pricy...but there are recipes for making your own out of whatever paint you like, so you can get whatever color you really want since I'm not sure that the Annie Sloan paint can be customized. I haven't really researched it fully. If you ever search Pinterest...you can find A LOT of inspiration for chalk paint furniture. It's extremely popular...and I think that is partly because of the ease of prep and also because ease of use...I think it is brush friendly and you don't have to worry quite as much about brush marks etc. Projects are more likely to come out as you expect them to.

One thing I really like about the PPG paint website is the fact that they use words to talk about the tone of the colors AND the undertone of the colors. This is what can make you crazy with paint color...how the differences in natural light affect the appearance of the color...how direct light makes it look one way...and indirect another...and southern vs northern another...OMG...the list goes on...how the different tones of the different light bulbs can affect the appearance of the color of your paint...all depending on what the hue is and the undertone is. And it's a crap shoot to be guessing...but the PPG site makes it plain. This is a (x) color with a (x) undertone. Very handy.

DH and I are feeling the boring on the light gray tone we had decided would be best for the vaulted walls in the gathering room. Looking at them...wow...overwhelmed by the sense of boring. And now I understand why...because I did get my hands on that Designology book. It's a weird book. It has left me a bit frustrated, to be real. You answer three bipolar questions and based on all the different combination of answers...you get a PlaceType. This PlaceType defines the way that you relate to your environment. It isn't really a style per se.

So...for instance...if you are a more reserved person vs being a more outgoing person...which I think are rough adjectives to pick...because the discussion is more about being a person that is or isn't energized by being around other people. The extrovert/introvert type. And I find that people have issues with these words too because they want to include whether or not a person is a social or nonsocial person. But that isn't what we are talking about here...we're talking about energy.

DH's family are largely introverts...very, very drained by being around groups of people. BUT...I can also tell you which ones are the social introverts and which ones are the non-social introverts. Even though they find the experience to be draining, there are family members that LOVE being social...but then they have to recharge with some serious alone time. And others that are barely a part of a family gathering, sticking to the outskirts and doing solitary activities while in the same room. SO...after having said all of that...

About energy in a group...

So if you are energized by people...you will tend to better with open concepts. Long sight lines in your home. Not too tall ceilings. Sofas more than chairs. Fewer obstructions between the seating groups...like a barely there coffee table. Windows that may look out to see PEOPLE. Front porches more than private backyards. If you are more drained by being around people...you prefer chairs...with arms...and pieces of furniture that help you claim your territory...like side tables. Walled rooms and less open concept. You want to be able to sit in places in your house and not necessarily be able to see anyone else.

This is what the book is about. The description of these things and much much more. It's all very functional...but there are very few pictures that are clear demonstrations of what the author is talking about. No inspiration pictures to take the words from the page and translate them into a visual. And that is what is frustrating about the book. I guess the author doesn't want to limit the ideas...because you can accomplish things creatively and to put forth examples is to begin to create boundaries and more definitions.

I do still recommend the book. It confirms what I have already journaled before we house hunted. DH and I bought a wonderful house for us. Or at least, it has the potential to be wonderful, with a few projects. LOL. DH and I are the same. We are Adventurers. So that's handy...

In keeping with my Adventurer self...according to the book, we like full saturated colors (why the Azalea Leaf was such a better choice than Riverway)...and also when combining colors...we like complementary colors more than side by side on the color wheel. Which is probably why I thought that COPPER (being orange on the wheel) would be so great in my Azalea Leaf room (teal on the wheel)...so complementary colors. Probably why we picked out the oil bronzed outdoor ceiling fans for the white ceiling on the screen porch...that and have you SEEN how white outdoor fans yellow with age. Ewww. BUT...the contrast doesn't bother me. LOL.

However, I am NOT going to paint my ceiling fan blades black. I think the one contrast in the room will be good enough. LOL. But it's tempting to see what I think about a darker blade...now that I think about it. I was thinking that having the fan blend in more would be more attractive...but I'm wondering if I would actually prefer it to stand out more? Hmm.

And these are the fun questions you can start asking yourself if you read the book!

Obviously if I have 5 hours to spend on a ceiling fan...I have way too much time on my hands...and so, when I post, I write novels. It's my social time I guess...because I'm not really around other people too much these days.

Good luck with the deck Sally! Are you replacing the decking? Or having it refinished?

• Like 1

Anita, interesting book. I’m very much an extrovert & Les is much more an introvert. He’s been very happy to be at home during this pandemic & Im chomping at the bit to get out & do!  He’s only gone to Costco & Lowe’s (& one trip to Sprouts)  

His trip to Sprouts was for these roses, aren’t they stunning!  Melody

B91C3E85-6945-4291-A04B-AA4A3BBAB86A.jpeg

B8B55D06-C982-4E53-94D6-E3F2C3C1FC90.jpeg

Very pretty roses.

We've been out and about like crazy since buying the house. Lowes. Home Depot. Walmart. Target. Publix. Starbucks. ABC Liquor. Many different drive thrus. Several different take aways. Dining "in" when the restaurant offers outside seating and the one exception was Waffle House. LOL. We've traveled to GA...I've gone twice. I feel like we've been as safe as we can be as we continue to take care of the business of life and attempt to support the businesses around us.

We're picking up another U-Haul tomorrow morning. The second and last truck run to move the furniture and whatever else will fit that wouldn't do better in the back of a 4Runner. Spent time there today taking apart the bed frames, taking out the books from the book cases, taking out the dresser drawers. Taking off the feet on the sofa and loveseat. Everything is ready to go. Shouldn't actually take too long to do. We only got the little 10' truck. Doesn't even have a ramp or the attic thing.

After a color test with the copper arm, both DH and responded much more positively to a darker color over white. Purchased a spray paint color called cocoa bean! Not tomorrow but someday soon, I'll do the second coat on the copper and get started on the blades. 

DH has asked if we could redo our ensuite bath vanity next. I had showed him the style I was interested in...and it is a more freestanding style. He says...if it's something we could install and then pull back when we do the rest...could we do that? It's been forever since we've had such a short vanity...my crotch is taller than the vanity top...and DH is 6'1"...so I'll be researching ideas for that next...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, awhfy said:

Sharon, if you have a Chicos passport number you get the additional 5% off everything & always free shipping. Great benefit, but only if you sign in.  Melody

Melody, I am not a full Passport member yet so no free shipping for me!  The roses are so pretty-Les chose well. Was this for a special occasion or just because?

Anita, wow that fan project seems very involved. Hope the last of your moving goes smoothly. BTW, did your son get the flat?

Sharon

7 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Melody, I am not a full Passport member yet so no free shipping for me!  The roses are so pretty-Les chose well. Was this for a special occasion or just because?

Anita, wow that fan project seems very involved. Hope the last of your moving goes smoothly. BTW, did your son get the flat?

Sharon

Sharon, the roses were just because (those are the best)

ok, you’ll pay shipping with Chicos until you reach full Chicos passport status. Make sure you sign in to get the points.  I’d do Shoprunner for shipping. Not too pricey & you get item in 2 days. Makes returns (if needed) easier too. Melody

Shop runner is a “free” perk with one of our cards...pretty sure it’s the Delta AMEX...so free with the annual fee of the card! 😂 

Yes, I just found out within the hour that the guys were approved by the landlord for the flat! Very exciting. It’s a nice little flat. It actually has a large kitchen IMO for London. 2 bedrooms of near equal size. Top floor of a 3-floor conversion. Laundry for the building (3 flats) is communal. They call the living/family room a reception room. That is 14x14. It is furnished! There’s only one sofa in the reception and a 4xchair rectangular dinette set. It lacks desks in the furnishings though. And perhaps best of all...there is a outside terrace that is accessed through one of the bedrooms...slightly weird but oh well...there’s a terrace! Looks like an umbrella on the terrace but no other furniture. Good light. Residential street. Close walking distance to a tube station. 

• Like 2

Anita , That flat sounds perfect . You probably feel better having that taken care of . We are replacing all the boards on the deck .Florida sun does a number on decks . 

Melody , I got roses last week just because . Is someone whispering in their ears ?

• Like 2