All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Laurie...your mini vacay looks like such a wonderful break!! I must admit that I have only eaten indoors once. Of all things, it was at a Waffle House LOL. The set up is such that there could only be 4 parties in the whole restaurant...they actually have someone manning a hostess position and she flags you down outside to warn you of the wait. Seeing your beer toast photo looks so NORMAL. I wouldn't do that in FL right now though...not that I know of a place to do that here...

Very pretty green on that dress...that's my fave LOL no surprise.

I feel like I've been wearing a uniform...and it is SO not flattering. I could find myself on one of those "they wore this to Walmart" articles. I'm trying to wear clothes I don't really care about getting joint compound, paint, etc. on...so that ends up being one of two pairs of biking shorts I have...coupled with my oldest exercise tanks (one already has paint on it)...and my knee high compression socks. And I can't believe it...but I go out in public dressed like this!! DH says I just look like someone that should be shopping at the big box home improvement stores!

I did the texture on the ceiling yesterday. I FINALLY found a video that explained how to do exactly the texture that I was wanting to do:

Judging from the home he shows the finished product in...this guy is in Arizona and that's exactly the texture I was going for. There's a lot of differences in skip trowel technique...but my time living in Arizona is what prompts me to want this. I like it a lot. It reminds me of a map...a kind of flatten relief map...and I think that's why I like it so much. It's pretty subtle when it's all said and done. 

It took me about 5 hours to do our ceiling yesterday when it was all said and done. Including the time spent mixing up more texture and moving our scaffolding around the room. Yes...our first purchase for our new home before we even closed on the house was a scaffolding! Here is the finished product...it is still drying in most places:

45-DE9-AFB-AC3-A-460-D-A15-C-EC504-F1-F3

E6-D7-C6-A5-61-ED-4-CB9-BBF4-5-C4483178-

Here's a view looking straight up at it:

7-DD630-D9-42-E1-4-BFB-8854-A33-A18-B2-E

You can see here that there are places where I kinda gouged the ceiling with the edge of the knife. I'm going to sand those out. It's going to be a mess. I know that I had issues with my light and being able to see what I was doing well...I was actually really close to the ceiling...but also...my arms and shoulders were getting really REALLY tired. I have gumby arms today...pretty worthless feeling. So it's a good thing that it takes a full 24-hours for this dry wall to cure and dry out...I think I'd cry if I had to actually work on the ceiling again today! LOL.

That grid of white on the ceiling is where the joints...for whatever reason, the mud has dried on that mud faster than on the sheetrock itself. Probably because the paper absorbed more of the wetness of the mud where it was exposed. Not a problem for me to wait longer!

Overall, we're really happy with the look. The one thing I have is time to invest...it's kind of my job in way. Something that I have been looking forward to doing with my time. I'm fortunate that our ceilings are only 8' tall in most bedrooms...it makes the possibility of good DIY results much more attainable. 

We have someone coming to the house to fix something in the kitchen...one of the countertops isn't level. Depending on how long that takes, I may be able to run out to a hardware store to pick up a very particular spray paint. I'm going to refurbish the ceiling fan for the master. It's a CLASSIC retro look with the antique brass with the etchings on the motor housing and the brown wood look fan blades with inset caning. It works fine and I hate to send it to the landfill and also spend money on a replacement when that really isn't necessary...so I'm going to spruce it up with some spray paint.

I've decided to go with a copper look to replace the antique brass metal look. I'll definitely flip over the fan blades to the plain side but I'm also thinking about painting them to match the white of the ceiling. I'm pretty sure they are a laminate product so no chance to get a different color for the wood look. The alternative would be to buy new blades...but IDK if I even want to spend that money on an older fan KWIM?

• Like 1

Anita - I would love a good Waffle House breakfast!  I'm a WF girl.  Unfortunately, the closet one to me is 11 drive away.  If I am going somewhere on vacation, I will Google search to see if a WF is nearby!!!   

On the outdoors hair stylist thing:  First thing I thought of was washing my hair when I'm camping or backpacking!!!  No wash bowl there!  Take a 5 gallon bucket (like the orange Home Depot ones), fill it up inside with warm water, and dump it on your head.   You have to do what you have to do!!!   I'm lucky - we have salons open up here.  And, like some of you, I trust it more than anywhere else.  The stylists have been there forever and we all know each other.  They only work 3 at a time (there are 5 of them) so they can spread out between the stations to have good spacing.  If you watch, they are spraying down all the seats and such every time we move.  And, lest anyone think that masks keep you from talking, we are still getting our full dose of town/state/national gossip while we're there!!!

• Like 1

Anita, nice job with the ceiling texture!

Kat, I have no idea how salons here will manage the water/sink part if they open outside. I imagine that the bucket process would be difficult for some clients  to accept. Coloring will be the challenging part because those who just need a cut can go with freshly shampooed hair. My stylist has a separate room as do the 2 other stylists that rent space from him. I felt very safe and believe me, I have been super careful with everything. I also remember the story you linked to about the salon in MO, So we shall see how this turns out. It does put all stylists on the spot because if one chooses not to open or isn’t able to work out the details, he/she risks loosing customers who will turn to stylists that are working outside. My next appointment is in a few weeks so I guess I’ll find out soon how this new normal is working out.

OMG! The Waffle House-ate at one when we visited Savannah some years ago. Sooo good! 
Sharon

6 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

Laurie...your mini vacay looks like such a wonderful break!! I must admit that I have only eaten indoors once. Of all things, it was at a Waffle House LOL. The set up is such that there could only be 4 parties in the whole restaurant...they actually have someone manning a hostess position and she flags you down outside to warn you of the wait. Seeing your beer toast photo looks so NORMAL. I wouldn't do that in FL right now though...not that I know of a place to do that here...

Very pretty green on that dress...that's my fave LOL no surprise.

I feel like I've been wearing a uniform...and it is SO not flattering. I could find myself on one of those "they wore this to Walmart" articles. I'm trying to wear clothes I don't really care about getting joint compound, paint, etc. on...so that ends up being one of two pairs of biking shorts I have...coupled with my oldest exercise tanks (one already has paint on it)...and my knee high compression socks. And I can't believe it...but I go out in public dressed like this!! DH says I just look like someone that should be shopping at the big box home improvement stores!

I did the texture on the ceiling yesterday. I FINALLY found a video that explained how to do exactly the texture that I was wanting to do:

Judging from the home he shows the finished product in...this guy is in Arizona and that's exactly the texture I was going for. There's a lot of differences in skip trowel technique...but my time living in Arizona is what prompts me to want this. I like it a lot. It reminds me of a map...a kind of flatten relief map...and I think that's why I like it so much. It's pretty subtle when it's all said and done. 

It took me about 5 hours to do our ceiling yesterday when it was all said and done. Including the time spent mixing up more texture and moving our scaffolding around the room. Yes...our first purchase for our new home before we even closed on the house was a scaffolding! Here is the finished product...it is still drying in most places:

45-DE9-AFB-AC3-A-460-D-A15-C-EC504-F1-F3

E6-D7-C6-A5-61-ED-4-CB9-BBF4-5-C4483178-

Here's a view looking straight up at it:

7-DD630-D9-42-E1-4-BFB-8854-A33-A18-B2-E

You can see here that there are places where I kinda gouged the ceiling with the edge of the knife. I'm going to sand those out. It's going to be a mess. I know that I had issues with my light and being able to see what I was doing well...I was actually really close to the ceiling...but also...my arms and shoulders were getting really REALLY tired. I have gumby arms today...pretty worthless feeling. So it's a good thing that it takes a full 24-hours for this dry wall to cure and dry out...I think I'd cry if I had to actually work on the ceiling again today! LOL.

That grid of white on the ceiling is where the joints...for whatever reason, the mud has dried on that mud faster than on the sheetrock itself. Probably because the paper absorbed more of the wetness of the mud where it was exposed. Not a problem for me to wait longer!

Overall, we're really happy with the look. The one thing I have is time to invest...it's kind of my job in way. Something that I have been looking forward to doing with my time. I'm fortunate that our ceilings are only 8' tall in most bedrooms...it makes the possibility of good DIY results much more attainable. 

We have someone coming to the house to fix something in the kitchen...one of the countertops isn't level. Depending on how long that takes, I may be able to run out to a hardware store to pick up a very particular spray paint. I'm going to refurbish the ceiling fan for the master. It's a CLASSIC retro look with the antique brass with the etchings on the motor housing and the brown wood look fan blades with inset caning. It works fine and I hate to send it to the landfill and also spend money on a replacement when that really isn't necessary...so I'm going to spruce it up with some spray paint.

I've decided to go with a copper look to replace the antique brass metal look. I'll definitely flip over the fan blades to the plain side but I'm also thinking about painting them to match the white of the ceiling. I'm pretty sure they are a laminate product so no chance to get a different color for the wood look. The alternative would be to buy new blades...but IDK if I even want to spend that money on an older fan KWIM?

We copper painted a ceiling fan & it came out perfect

5 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Anita, nice job with the ceiling texture!

Kat, I have no idea how salons here will manage the water/sink part if they open outside. I imagine that the bucket process would be difficult for some clients  to accept. Coloring will be the challenging part because those who just need a cut can go with freshly shampooed hair. My stylist has a separate room as do the 2 other stylists that rent space from him. I felt very safe and believe me, I have been super careful with everything. I also remember the story you linked to about the salon in MO, So we shall see how this turns out. It does put all stylists on the spot because if one chooses not to open or isn’t able to work out the details, he/she risks loosing customers who will turn to stylists that are working outside. My next appointment is in a few weeks so I guess I’ll find out soon how this new normal is working out.

OMG! The Waffle House-ate at one when we visited Savannah some years ago. Sooo good! 
Sharon

I was just thinking "outside the box" for how to do the water to the hair.  Something like getting one of those hard plastic "garage sinks" - I have one in my garage.  I really don't know how it's going to work.  Post photos!!

I don't remember where you live.  But, if it's Southern California, I think you have to drive to Phoenix.  There are at least 3 there that I know of and have eaten at.  Otherwise, you have to drive to Colorado 😢

Keep it safe and #WearTheDamnMask 😷😷

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I was just thinking "outside the box" for how to do the water to the hair.  Something like getting one of those hard plastic "garage sinks" - I have one in my garage.  I really don't know how it's going to work.  Post photos!!

I don't remember where you live.  But, if it's Southern California, I think you have to drive to Phoenix.  There are at least 3 there that I know of and have eaten at.  Otherwise, you have to drive to Colorado 😢

Keep it safe and #WearTheDamnMask 😷😷

it will be interesting to see how creative stylists will be setting up outside. I think they have a lot of hoops to jump thru not to mention expense on top of what they spent a few weeks ago in order to open up. Then there is the loss of income during the first closure while still paying for ongoing business expenses. It’s a mess. 

I didn’t know there are Waffle House locations that far west. I think of it as a southern chain. We are closer to the Bay Area than LA so maybe a trip thru CO?

• Like 1

We have 5 (I think) Waffle Houses in Colorado Springs...never been to one...I’m deprived. 

yesterday was post op appt. I’m having a CT scan W/iv contrast on Tuesday (With a 2-day drink prep prior). I think it’s just a fluid filled sac on the incision, but he’s being extra cautious that it’s nothing more. I’ll just be glad to bend over at the waist without pain!!  Hopefully it’ll be an aspiration, not more surgery once they get the ct results. 

I got dressed up for the doc. Felt good to be out of tank & shorts. Glad I had the jacket, it was cold in his office Melody

3739EF8F-40ED-475A-96AC-3FEBDE692817.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

We have 5 (I think) Waffle Houses in Colorado Springs...never been to one...I’m deprived. 

yesterday was post op appt. I’m having a CT scan W/iv contrast on Tuesday (With a 2-day drink prep prior). I think it’s just a fluid filled sac on the incision, but he’s being extra cautious that it’s nothing more. I’ll just be glad to bend over at the waist without pain!!  Hopefully it’ll be an aspiration, not more surgery once they get the ct results. 

I got dressed up for the doc. Felt good to be out of tank & shorts. Glad I had the jacket, it was cold in his office Melody

3739EF8F-40ED-475A-96AC-3FEBDE692817.jpeg

Nice outfit!  All dressed up with someplace to go...

You have to hit up a Waffle House.  Now, absolutely nothing fancy about them.  But, if I'm somewhere with a WF, I know I can always get the same thing and it will be prepared the same.  Pecan waffle, side of grits, cup of coffee.  The now-ex would get a waffle, 2 eggs over easy with hash browns "scattered, smothered, covered" (with grilled onions and cheese).   And just watching the staff is so much fun!  I have no idea how the cooks remember everything the wait staff is yelling at them!   

Hoping the incision issue is just a fluid sac!  I can't imagine it being anything else.  It's too soon for it to be a band of adhesion.  

Another nothing day.  I'll find something to do.  I'm still in the sleep Tshirt, drinking my coffee.  OOTD still TBD. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 57redbird said:

But---- the top is sold out....I looked yesterday.  😞

Keep looking, they’re always getting more in as people rerun or exchange sizes. The top doesn’t have a lot of give 

Anita, I love the ceiling.  You mentioned sanding out some spots, but I think it looks great as is.  That is a lot of work for one room, but if you go at it a room at a time, it is probably not so bad.  I know you have plans for lots of wall painting too, so it is nice to do, and so exciting to see it come together.

When I worked on the spare room, it was empty  I cleaned it first, then I painted the ceiling.  I made no plans for anything but the ceiling, because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.  I wanted to be really good about it.  There is nothing worse than having everything put away, and realizing a few days later you missed a spot, lol.  Since the room is small and didn't have the baseboard moulding in at the time, I went ahead and did the trim around the windows and door frames later.

The following week, I painted the walls.  I still walk into that room all the time, and I love how fresh and clean it all looks.  I tried using things we already had around for decor, and then added a few inexpensive things.  Some of it works, some does not.  I am really learning to listen to my heart a bit more, in that it is easy for a spare room to become "home of the castoffs and cheap deals" instead of what you envisioned in your mind.

I found a great chair at Pier One online a few months back, and it was perfect.  I also ordered some pillows, and I really like those additions.  I'm currently using a small table that we already had for a nightstand, but I have other thoughts in mind.  Rummage Heaven has things all the time that seem to fit the room.

I know a few people suggested not getting a crib for that room, but getting a travel playpen or something similar.  I went with the crib because I got it used and it was super cheap.  It was not old, barely used, and no recalls or anything like that.  It has not been used much at all, especially with COVID.  I have seen my grandson a few times, but we are trying to be careful.   They also traveled out of state recently so they are on a 14 day quarantine.

My daughter and SIL are likely moving out of state.  My SIL is very much an on the go kind of guy, who follows his heart a bit.  He is self employed as a tattoo artist, and it makes for a decent income.  However, he wants to move someplace warmer, and went to visit a shop down south that wants to hire him.  So they are working on a plan for moving.  While I am sad, I know that this is life...their life.  I am happy for them.  It will also give me an excuse to travel, right?

Melody, I like that you got dolled up a bit for your trip to the doctor's office.  I approach going out in a similar manner many times.  It doesn't mean going overboard or anything, but it sure feels good, doesn't it?  

While my trip looked like it was "normal", New York has worked very hard to be slow with the opening process.  We have seen a few more cases than we would like lately, and contract tracing has it going back to two main things: out of state travel to hot spots, and parties where people don't social distance.

At the restaurant, they only allow for 50% capacity.  You must wear a mask to enter, and keep it on until you are sitting.  If you get up to use the restroom, you have to put it on.  Many places ask you to use their provided santizer when you enter.  You must stand 6 feet apart when waiting to be seated.

At the winery, they are doing no tastings inside.  You choose from a list while wearing a mask, and you carry your flights outside.  The tables are more than 6 feet apart.  They also have a plexiglass shield between you and the person behind the bar area who is pouring the wine and describing it to you.

We have had about 4-5 bars have their liquor license suspended for not following the rules.  I'm happy to see enforcement.

Anywho...

I am thinking so much about the house and what I want to do.  I'm going to give you a bit of an overshare here, because you are all my friends and we always support each other.

We are careful planners financially, and have had so many things figured out.  We put things on hold while my husband has been working on his car.  We decided early on that we would not borrow any money to do this, but we did want to do this now.  He has literally been collecting parts for this and working excessive overtime to save money for about 15 years.  It is moving nicely.

That means money for vacations or improvements to the house are tighter, but we still save diligently for our projects.  You live once, you need balance in your life, and I have been saving extra hard for retirement to boot.  We are very proud of ourselves!

Here is the part that is a bit of an overshare.  I will be helping my daughter on a car I cosigned for.  Without going into detail, she owes a lot more than it is worth now due to a few reasons.  I am not going to pay it for her - she will surrender it to me, and we will sell it.  I have to pay the loss, which is big.  It will take my vacation and home improvement savings to do it.

We are sad about this.  I'm sharing not to give the impression that I am angry, blah, blah, blah...just sad.  She will learn from this, and being on her own, she knows she has to figure things out for herself.  But it messed up our finances, as we have vowed not to create new bills.   We are being creative with some of it.  For example, COVID has changed our vacation policy at work where I can take two weeks of vacation as pay, so I am doing that.  We already committed to reupholsterng the chairs for the living room, but we planned on selling the existing chairs anyway.    So we are doing things like that.

I am pretty sure I need to move my cruise or just cancel it no matter what.  Maybe that is a good thing, right?  Since I put in the same amount every pay check towards our travel account, I can use the money that I have saved towards the bill.

So there you have it.  I'm very organized and scheduled with finances, and I have final payment dates for our mortgage and other things lined up.  I can borrow just a little, and it won't really create any issues, but we are unsure if we want to adjust our plans that way.   I'm kind of lost, since I always work on our vacation plans, from clothing to excursions, to planning out all the expenses.  Then I do the same with the house.  

I'm currently at the point where I'm going to buy another gallon of trim paint to continue to work on finishing painting the doors.  After that, I'm on hold.  With what feels like everything?  In reality, this isn't really as dramatic as it sounds.  I leave small amounts in my regular budget so that we go out for our date lunches on Saturday, and if I need to pick up a few things, I can.  I'm not broke, my life is not up in the air, uncertain, etc.

I'm probably talking too much because I want to make sure this all sounds right.  I'm mostly just changing a few things up because I had an unexpected expense and I'll be back on track by the end of the year.  🙂   Maybe I'll be working on a small project by the time my post Thanksgiving vacation (which was supposed to be my cruise) arrives!

• Like 1

Laurie, So sorry to hear about your woe's . My daughter drove me nuts for many years whenever she hit a snag it was go to the bank of Mom. I created part of the problem by overindulging her after her brother died. Finally she has really taken charge and does not relay on me as much . She is 43 .This is a good lesson for your daughter . It is too bad that it has to affect you. Life will go on .Cruises are probably not going to sail this year anyway and no way would I fly to Florida since we are in terrible shape.You are doing great that you are on your way to paying off your mortgage .Take a break from home repair and read a few good books or try new recipes . 

• Like 1

Thanks, Sally.  It is part of life.  We all have rough patches from time to time.  I think most parents have helped adult kids at some point. 

I know we all make mistakes too. 

Our mortgage is paid summer of 2026!  

• Like 2

Laurie, I think we’ve all been there with our kids. Do the lift & shift on your cruise, that way you’ll have something to look forward to next year.

Our mortgage has been paid for 11 years. I still put the mortgage payment into savings every month ( like it was still a bill) including the extra payment we made every year (that cut 7-8 years off our mortgage). When it hits a certain amount I roll it to a cd, I know not much interest, but makes me feel good. 

we’re hoping to get some monsoon moisture the next couple of days, so I’m making a spaghetti sauce & stuffed peppers (just hoping I can eat the peppers ( I know I’m ok with the sauce (house smells amazing)  Melody

Laurie...I'm not planning on sanding the whole ceiling. There are just some places where the full length of the taping knife cut into the texture. Especially where I would be feeling fatigued with the whole process. Also a couple places where my smoothing out action wasn't firm enough and I ended up creating a bit of a wash board texture. I don't like either of those, so those are what I am going to concentrate on taking out. But there are random knife marks throughout that look a bit more organic and just a part of what my hand did...and those are going to stay. It may be interesting to see how my "hand" changes as I do more and more texture.

Funny how when a room is empty, you can really focus in on the flaws in the room itself. The walls in this 30-year old house are all original orange peel texture. They have been patched (poorly in many places) and frankly, just need new life. I know the texture will breathe new life into the spaces...it's a lot of work...BUT I think it will be worth it. The most furnished room in this place will be our master bedroom. I don't really have a ton of furniture so...the work on all the walls won't be too disruptive. We can plan it well I think. It's a process. What DH and I focusing on is just to continue on with it and not to let too much time pass without making progress.

I feel for you Laurie with the finances. I've been on the receiving end of that help...not so much the helping side with something unexpected. DS is still in that phase of life where we are still fully supporting him...and nothing has really been unexpected. I know what a planner you are and sharing in some of that...I can empathize with having your plans thrown all out of whack. I know what you mean when you say you are sad. 

I've had that on hold feeling before as well. I totally get it. Just waiting for time to pass so that you can get past some milestones and then be able to make progress again. Meanwhile, you are just marking time and feeling like nothing is really moving forward. TOTALLY get that feeling. Been there too many times to count. It is how I have always felt in the time between knowing we would move and when preparations to move could begin.

Melody...quite a summery outfit for long pants and long sleeves. 

My Garnet Hill order came in. I ordered the one dress without the embroidery that Margaret ordered. I got the coral color though...it was the one available in my size. I haven't tried it on yet. I'm so grimy with all the work we've been doing...I shower in the evenings and just don't feel like trying it on after. I'll get there.

My new washer/dryer will be delivered Tuesday. In order to make room, I have to take out a wire shelf that runs the length of the laundry room. I really want to improve the storage in that room, so not a problem. I actually have quite a bit of wire shelving. I installed extra shelves in the apt in the laundry, coat closet, guest bedroom, and master bedroom. I'm going to take all this shelving and may end up putting it in the garage and putting something a bit nicer in the laundry room. I always cover wire shelves anyway...I saw the trick in Family Handyman magazine a long time ago...you put pegboard over the wire shelves. You can use zip ties to keep the pegboard in place and that offers a firmer surface for whatever you store on the wire shelves. I always put it down in the kitchen pantries especially. 

The fridge is supposed to hit the warehouse on the 30th. And right now the delivery is scheduled for August 10. It could have been that Saturday, but I have better things to do with my weekend that sit around waiting for a delivery.

The previous owner must have ordered from Roaman's. It's a plus size, or I could say women's size, catalogue. Size 12W to 44W. I've never heard of this brand before. There are some cute things in the catalogue. And for now at least, that's my size. I'm especially liking some of the bras. I've been loving wearing my easy to wear Target sleeveless dresses ($15 each) but the arm holes are significantly low and whatever bra I'm wearing shows...it's fine...I have bras that are okay and look a bit purposeful in being seen...but there are some styles in this Roaman's that I think would be even better. 

Anyone ever worn a posture bra? I've been working on my posture A LOT. I can tell I'm getting better because I'm passing the hand test more and more.

Everyone know the hand test? There is probably a real name for it. Stand in front of a full length mirror...or at least a mirror where you can see your hands as they hand at your sides. When you look at your hands hanging by your sides your thumbs should be facing forward...NOT the backs of your hands. If the backs of your hands are what face the mirror, then you have a forward posture of some sort, hunched...slouched...several variations. To reset...lift your hands to shoulder level, thumbs up toward the ceiling...release arms without losing how your upper body had to be to have thumbs face up. Now your thumbs should be facing forward and the palms of your hands facing your sides.

Whatever tensing you have to do to keep your hands properly positioned is the adjustment you have to make to your posture. You need to figure out what muscles are opposite the ones that now have to tense up. THOSE muscles are the ones you have to release...they are locked short while the newly tensed muscles have been habitually locked long. If you can figure out how to release the locked short muscles, then everything should get back into balance. It's quite a process to sort out...but figuring it out can help release tension in the neck. That's my motivation...I've been developing that "dowager's hump" from a head forward posture and I'm working so hard to try to fix that.

Melody...nice to hear that the quality is good...or at least that it used to be LOL. You never know how it is now...most things seem to go downhill. 

I just placed an order for 4 different styles of cotton bras...we'll see how it goes. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, awhfy said:

we’re hoping to get some monsoon moisture the next couple of days, so I’m making a spaghetti sauce & stuffed peppers (just hoping I can eat the peppers ( I know I’m ok with the sauce (house smells amazing)  Melody

We have had daily rains . Usually mid afternoon .

• Like 1

I wanted to follow up about the Jockey dress that I posted:

https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/jockey-womens-casual-t-shirt-dress

The color is a lovely blue, between denim and teal but lighter and heathered. It runs at least a size too small, which isn't terrible but I wish I had ordered the next size up. It is, however, as Anita said, a style that will ride up if you raise your arms. I decided rather than bother with sending it back that I would use it as a nightshirt.

If I had planned to wear it as a dress, it wouldn't have made me happy and I would have sent it back. I am wearing tank dresses almost every day in this heat! I just find it so much easier to run errands and work around the house in a loose dress. I have 5 or so that I am wearing all the time. 🙂

Edited by Host Carolyn
Anita request

Margaret, I’ve always found a Jockey things tend to run at least a size small...or two sizes too big. I stopped ordering things for me from there. Les likes the brand

DH has an important virtual meeting tomorrow, and he asked me what color he should wear to convey seriousness and integrity. I said navy blue (he's an AIR) but he wasn't happy with that answer. So of course I googled it:

Positive Keywords: intelligence, communication, trust, efficiency, serenity, duty, logic, reflection, calm, loyalty, trust, integrity, tactful, reliability, responsibility, conservatism, perseverance, caring, concern, idealistic, authority, devotion, contemplation, peaceful, dependable, strength, comfort, relaxation, wisdom, focused, stability

https://tradeshowbestpractices.com/2017/08/03/color-psychology-meaning-colors-traits/

Ha ha.

• Like 2