All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

On 6/24/2023 at 3:06 PM, laurspag said:

Anita, I will share the up close pictures of the earrings for each dress.  I literally take a ton.  I eventually delete them so they don't take up too much space on my phone, but the whole layout format is so helpful to me.  I love having the pictures instead of dragging everything back out all the time while I am toying with ideas.

Here are two pairs of shoes I am considering, since they come in wide width and have a lower heel.

This pair is a thought for replacing my trusty bronze shoes that are showing their age, and are no longer comfortable to wear.  They are not bronze, but they look like they would be a viable choice for when I want to wear a more antique gold or bronze like color.

1266596-4-A0

These are the standard gold replacement option, which is almost identical to the bone sandals I already have.  The bone sandals I wear to work off and on in the summer - I think they look nice with a suit.  We are less formal than we used to be at work, so I like to add some of my personality to my outfits.

1064803-2-A0

Those kitten heels are really nice. I tend to find them more comfortable than the chunky heels but that may just be me and my wacky knees.

• Like 1

My Wool& dress arrived yesterday. It’s keeper! It fits nicely, and the bra I was hoping would work does. The wrap bodice is low cut but the bra doesn’t show unless I move just so, and I’ve decided not to care that much about that. The only thing is that the pockets in the seams do pull apart a bit on my high hip…makes a bit of an odd shape on the silhouette but that’s being super picky. I had read someone else mentioned that and they were thinking to sew the pockets closed…that’s an idea because I doubt I’ll use those pockets…but again, not going to worry about it.

The ballet flats work too. I normally have a hard time with such shoes, but they work. The heel has a significantly padded and cupped area so not much slippage even though there’s a bit of looseness in the toe box. I’m wondering if I can find some no show socks for these shoes…I think I’ve seen nylon style like that years ago…I do need to wear them around the house more and break them in before our trip. They are so close to good already…shouldn’t be a problem.

Melody, your poncho outfit looks lovely on you! So I learned in a recent landscaping class that lightning is a way for nature to fix nitrogen into the ground. It gathers nitrogen from the atmosphere and when it hits the ground, the nitrogen is deposited…if you had lightning with your rain, your ground also got an infusion of nitrogen…it’s a double whammy in a positive way for most plants, water AND food.

• Like 1

Margaret!  Good to hear from you!

Both sandals came in. The sparkling ones are very pretty and comfortable, but I have to send them back.  There is no adjustment in the ankle area and that part is too big.  They are so pretty though.

The gold kitten heels are perfect.  I'm so excited with how they fit and feel.  The bottoms are a bit slippery, but I have non slip stick on pads that I use for that.  They are really fantastic.

Anita, I'm so glad the dress worked out for you.  I can see that as is with flat sandals, or maybe dressed up a bit.  You could add a sweater in cooler weather, etc.  That is so versatile.  

I have taken the pictures I want of my evening outfits and have started the daytime outfits as well.  Since we switched over to the teal comforter set, it seems colors in my pictures are so off.  

• Like 1

I have 2 pairs of the Go Walks with the kitten heels, in silver and black. I believe they are the Melanie type?  They are very comfortable, Have worn them for each of my sons' weddings with no problem, and are easy to dance in. One pair always goes with me on a cruise to be worn on formal night. I may actually buy a new silver pair as they are 11 years old and are a bit worn ! I hope you find them as comfortable as I do!

PTMom, share a link if you have one!  There was a time where I would wear a shoe no matter how badly int hurt, which is probably how I ended up with the bunions and neuroma to begin with.  I try to balance comfort and style these days, and those new sandals felt so good!

I was really bothered that the others were too big at the ankle strap area, because they felt comfortable and were very pretty.  In reality, they were not the color I was looking for, and were more expensive than the kitten heels as well.  

• Like 1

Here is another outfit, so outfit number four, since I already posted formal night and dress your best outfits last week.  I am thinking of different earrings, since I have a few options.

IMG_20230619_184230.thumb.jpg.aac0eff4511b246da8f63bba6968f0c8.jpg

Here is another.  I'm contemplating different earring for this dress also, but I love the overall look Herr.

IMG_20230617_233546.thumb.jpg.3e3741a59eb95ad3bd8500bde2fd176f.jpg

i am a. Little hesitant to show these earrings, only because the colors are coming through wrong.  These would provide a completely different look for this teal dress. While they have a purplish undertone, they aren't purple.

20230701_074531.thumb.jpg.60d84e6400ee420f758fdd80a5c5ab46.jpg

• Like 1

We have been busy with house projects and house guests. Everything takes longer than I expect with the house so I feel like we are behind even though we don't have a schedule.  We have had the Canada smoke again for a couple days which entailed figuring out how to entertain our friends indoors. They have been good sports.

Laurie I love when you post your outfits. I like the flowered earrings you have for the blue dress, they are so unique and fun. I enjoy accessorizing too.

Our next cruise is a 14 day in October, and we will have 3 formal nights. Initially I thought we might go less dressy, but since we'll be in Europe and traveling with many British people we've decided to go all out even if it means we take an extra bag. We have several sea days for primping and getting photos taken.

Anita those no show socks can be found in a thin cotton and I find they make your foot less slidey inside the shoe, if you have room, because they are a wee tad thicker than the nylon ones.

• Like 1

That being  said, I love how those hoops look with the dress.  When an outfit makes me smile, then I feel like I've figured it out. 

By the way, you will notice I often wear slides.  Those accommodate my foot issues well.  The ones with the cross strap look I wear to work so I know they feel ok.

Margaret, I'm glad the smoke isn't as bad as the first time.  We are still trying to be careful with it.

Edited by laurspag

So that leaves two more outfits to bring for dinner.  

This dress here I am pretty sure I'm bringing.  The jewelry choices aren't really set yet, but here are some options.  The dress is qarmwr than it looks in this photo.

IMG_20230617_233723.thumb.jpg.162481632107e5d741ad153be62fc844.jpg

lastly, there is the orange dress.  Im fumvling a bit on how to accessorize it.  I think because my husband is wearing a printed shirt that night.  Its so funny how we dont coordinate our outfits oferall, but I'm bothered about competing with a print.

IMG_20230619_184045.thumb.jpg.babc6123dff42a62e6f501537850da80.jpg

20230619_110942.thumb.jpg.4cdc7d851f92f87cf08edb8a66029fb9.jpg

i have a starfish necklace in antique gold, but my brain tells me no because it doesnt match the print on his shirt.

• Like 1

Those are my new ones!  Aren't they great?  I have another pair of from this brand that also have kitten heels in a bone color.  I purchased those 4 years ago, so I'm not sure if they still make the style.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PTMom1974 said:

I have 2 pairs of the Go Walks with the kitten heels, in silver and black. I believe they are the Melanie type?  They are very comfortable, Have worn them for each of my sons' weddings with no problem, and are easy to dance in. One pair always goes with me on a cruise to be worn on formal night. I may actually buy a new silver pair as they are 11 years old and are a bit worn ! I hope you find them as comfortable as I do!

Never seen Sketchers with a kitten heel!  I hope you find the link!!

16 hours ago, laurspag said:

Here are a few planned outfits I have thus far.  I generally think this first one is pretty well set. 

IMG_20230619_120834.jpg

Looks just like you Laurie!!

Melody, they come in wide and regular width, and I think 3 or 4 colors.  Honestly, they are some of the best shoes I've tried on in a long time.  If the bottoms seem slipperty to you, as many dress sandals are, just scuff them with sandpaper or get those non slip pad for shoes.  I am very focused on making sure I don't slip or anything like that.

I started toying with daytime outfits this morning. I really like and look for pockets, but my phone is often too big.  I also have to switch between regular glasses and prescription sunglasses readily.  I ordered this small crossbody a while back but ended up returning it because it wasn't big enough for my eyeglass case and phone both.  (plus hearing aid batteries and sea pass)  I need to try again.

I have some pairing done for the two dresses I didn't post, but really just in case something comes up and I swap out one of the other dresses.  The other animal print dress I've had for quite a while and it has gone on a few cruises before.  The purplish dress was throwing me off.  I think I may wear it to work soon.  If just doesn't feel like a cruise dress to me, for some reason.  I hope that makes sense!

• Like 1

If anyone is looking for lightweight, fun maxi skirts, check out Natural Life.  They just put out some really fun ones.  $50 and under.  If I was going anywhere this summer other than camping, I’d pick up one.

• Like 1

Slidergirl, I wasn't familiar with this brand but I just checked them out. They have a lot of cute prints.  I think the first word that came to mind when looking at their options was "fun".  It really seems to give off a fun, boho vibe.

• Like 2

I’m in London and having such a good time! Feel like I’ve packed well. It’s SO WARM…almost HOT…or rather the effect is hot being in the city, riding the tube which doesn’t have a/c and feeling the heat off the pavement…temp may not be high but wow. Also fun to pay attention as we walk all over and observe what people are wearing. 

• Like 3

I'm glad you are having a good time, Anita!  I look forward to hearing about it when you return.  I probably wouldn't even know where to start with a trip such as yours- there must be so many options for things to see and do.

Margaret, I think when you wear heels, and then put on something like a kitten heel or smaller wedge, it's shocking how incredibly comfortable they can be. I was very excited that they felt so good.

Shoe fit is a really rough thing for me.  First, I have a good sized foot.  I wear a 9 wide.  Sometimes, they still aren't wide enough. My foot as a whole isn't wide, just across the toe span due to bunions. For shoes,  I often have to add inserts to the heel and sometimes in the shoe itself to keep it where it needs to be. Sandals during the summer and clogs in cooler weather are a lifesaver for me. clogs aren't an option for work, but I can find sandals that are appropriate.  I'm very happy that the dress code has relaxed a bit.

I find chunky heels better than a spily heel, but some of them are hard for me to get used to visually.  After all, your footwear needs to work with the outfit.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

I’m in London and having such a good time! Feel like I’ve packed well. It’s SO WARM…almost HOT…or rather the effect is hot being in the city, riding the tube which doesn’t have a/c and feeling the heat off the pavement…temp may not be high but wow. Also fun to pay attention as we walk all over and observe what people are wearing. 

Having my degree in Sociology, I always like to observe group behavior and individual adaptation to the environment.  😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Having my degree in Sociology, I always like to observe group behavior and individual adaptation to the environment.  😉

Ah yes...I enjoy people watching too!  It's fun to see what others are wearing.  It may be something I would or wouldn't wear,but still fun!

• Like 2

On 7/1/2023 at 7:10 PM, laurspag said:

Those are my new ones!  Aren't they great?  I have another pair of from this brand that also have kitten heels in a bone color.  I purchased those 4 years ago, so I'm not sure if they still make the style.

They don’t make the bone anymore just gold, silver & bronze (I bet the bronze would be perfect for your worn bronze ones!!)