All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

For me, it's about having the ability to be in the shade. I don't tan. One of the most delightful things about Nachi is being well covered yet being able to enjoy the beach. On Labadee last year, we had the wonderful beach bed. I will check out all those online. Curacao looked like it would be fun to explore on our own, but I want to check into how safe that is first.

Oh, and I'm keeping the tango dress...that will go on the cruise!

My husband has been sick this entire week with the flu. Everyone in our house gets the flu shot but him. Now that he spent a whole week in bed, he knows why the flu is such a big deal. I always say that people will call all sorts of colds and URIs the flu but there is a big difference. He now knows what I'm talking about.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Lovely pictures, lovely families. I hope everyone had a nice weekend! We did in spite of a last-minute race to the shop on Saturday with our car. Our sunroof started leaking and our floor started filling with water!

Anita, thanks for the tip about a moving log. My lists have lists and it's so good to have them all in one place. any tips about packing all those extra medicines, toiletries, and cleaning supplies?

Fun photos! Everyone looks so happy!

We had a different kind of weekend. We went to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert on Friday. DS had a work day from 9-4 on Saturday for the musical theater. The production performs Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights this week. DH and I had something of a date night on Saturday...DS spent the night with a friend. And sadly, I had to take DH to the airport on Easter day to fly north for work this week.

It's all almost over though...He was officially made a telecommuter last week. Did I say that already? And I think I found where we will rent in Winston-Salem and I'm pretty pumped about it. Our neighborhood garage sale is in three weeks...so I'll be working hard to get ready for that. I have done one other garage sale in my life...and after that, I said "Never again"...but isn't it always the case that "never" really just means maybe once a decade? It's time and the timing is good for moving and downsizing and lightening the load as I say. So I'm very excited. DH doesn't share my enthusiasm for the work of analyzing everything and figuring out if something is going to NC, going into a small storage unit, garage sale, donation, or trash. He'll be happy to get there...but the process is not his fav. But it is great fun for me to delve into this!

Margaret...I like to "pack" cleaning supplies into trash cans. Then I don't worry about whether or not they leak a bit or spill or have residue on the outside or whatever. I will do the same thing with larger bathroom supplies like shampoo bottles, etc. I definitely opt to find a tub or plastic container of some sort for liquids. I have also used laundry baskets for toiletries. Line the basket with towels so that nothing spills out through the slats of the basket. And cover the basket with a towel so that everything stays put and you can usually stack the laundry baskets on themselves. (I have several laundry baskets...I used to have a presorting system set up in one place...so I have 2 red, 2 white and 2 blue baskets to represent the temperature/color of the clothing in it...laundry baskets are super handy for moving things around.)

If by medicines, you mean normal OTC things...I might separate those into a shoe box/tub/zippered plastic bag...but they would go in a laundry basket. OR a hamper, depending on the hamper. Plastic hampers are also good for cleaning supplies.

If you are trying to store mops/brooms...other things with a long handle...I would tie the handles together somehow. I happen to have a collection of extremely long twist ties from Christmas lights...pipe cleaners would work...anything to keep them from rattling around...and put the ends in a kitchen sized garbage bag.

Anita, there's the big difference between a civilian move & a military move. We weren't allowed to bring any cleaning materials or any dry goods, canned goods were ok. No propane tanks for the grill. Your ideas sound excellent tho. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wish I had more time earlier in the week to post. I can't wait to hear about your cruises, Melody and Sally.

I have been thinking a bit about athleisure. I've also been thinking about how much I learned about myself through Dressing Your Truth, even if a lot of what she was saying I tossed to the side. She did a great job of linking our personalities to our dressing styles, don't you think?

Anita mentioned once that one of the reasons I wear gym clothes only to the gym, dress formally on formal nights, etc. has a lot to do with personality type 4. And the more I think about it, the more I agree with it. It's a uniform. It's wearing certain things for certain events.

Getting back to athleisure, I think that I take the term very literally. To me, it's gym clothes. That means tights, such as Champion C9. It means racerback tanks in tech fabric. It means "sneakers" which I think you would refer to as athletic shoes.

I have a lot of different things I wear a uniform for. There is work. Since I don't like suits and can seldom find them in the right colors, I dress conservatively with a mix of jackets, cardigans and pants. Almost always pants. I think that goes back to the days when banking was very male dominated.

I always wear dresses to dinner on a cruise. The dining room is too nice to me to wear anything else. It's about being appropriate.

I'll bet all this sounds very boring, doesn't it? The topic and my attire both. :D I'm leading somewhere with this though.

I also feel strongly about supporting what you love. So when a favorite team is playing, I have to have appropriate attire. And because of my preoccupation with fit, it means it takes some extra effort, because a lot of sports attire is unisex and tshirts and baggy sweatshirts.

So I will share a few pictures with you in the next post, of what I look like for a Syracuse game day. I can put this to use this weekend, because I'm going to my first Syracuse lacrosse game. They're only #1 in the nation. :cool:

I got to thinking about how I categorize my clothing

Ageed, Sally. For me, it's helped me come to terms with who I am and what I like. It just makes sense. I love formal, but I am always looking for that just right fit, that just right style, and then the ability to make it my own. I like casual too, which h is why I posted those photos. I'm very particular about it. I've been able to figure out weekend wear that suits me, but I still struggle with casual dresses. I can see them in my mind, but then I can't find what I'm looking for in the stores, or the style doesn't work for my shape.

On a completely different note, if you go to the White House Black Market site, they have this wonderful yellow print dress right now. I haven't really zoomed in on it, but it seems very pretty. Me and loose, flowing dresses just don't work.

I r

Took a vacation day and went to the Waterloo Outlet Mall this week. I didn't get to all the places I wanted to due to budget restrictions, but I always do well in Loft. The outlet has so many more colors tHan the regulag store which is blah. Their jeans fit me perfectly too, and I found two pair for $19.99 each before coupons. And the Eddie Bauer outlet had my favorite skort in a warm olive green. That's athleisure, by the way. It's in a great quick drying, travel type fabric called Travex. Love it.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

As we're waiting for our airport shuttle (at 3:30 am!). I'm wearing black Chico easy traveler pants, electric blue Athleta drop back shirt & my hot pink Marathon jacket (can't lose me!). Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forumsce033a17894c5fcd6150d9d58e292dfb.jpg

After staring at my clothes and my suitcase I finally worked up the nerve to pack . I have one stuffed 26" suitcase and one almost empty carry on . I hope to fill the carry on in Spain . The final packing list included

2 maxi dresses

1 long skirt

1 pair knit pants dressy with two tops

1 pair of jeans

1 pair black slacks

4 pair of capris

2 pair of leggings

2 yoga pants with two nylon tops

1 sweater

1 rain jacket

5 tunics

10 tops