Iceland 2017!

Regguy

I haven't been following along too closely, but I was just doing some searching and saw that Jade is doing some cool new itineraries in 2017 and they are open for booking. I'm sure this is common knowledge around these parts, but I didn't know it -- I just grabbed an aft balcony on the Iceland cruise and the prices are actually really good for Iceland cruises that I've seen. Plus, the itinerary is a bit more interesting than some of the other Iceland cruises I've seen, because instead of a straight shot from Bergen to Reykjavik, it stops at Lerwick and then Kirkwall on the way back, and also calls at both Inverness and Edinburgh. And leaving from Hamburg is kind of cool, because it opens up lots of places to start pre-cruise on the Continent. Anyway, I found the cost to be really competitive -- I mean don't get me wrong a 14-day cruise is pretty extravagant, but compared to other Iceland cruises I've seen the cost seems pretty decent. (But wow -- the "free" beverage package on a 14-day comes out to nearly $400 -- so I'm not entirely sure that's worth it.) Again, sorry if this is old news -- with one Iceland cruise for the year I bet the best cabins get reserved fairly early.

Edited by Regguy

We have had Iceland on our "bucket list" as well as Northern Norway. When NCL put out the 2017 cruises with those available as B2B we thought we had hit gold. But we then saw we would be doing the Norway Fjord stops again and also stops in the UK we knew all about so 'flagged' NCL for those. There is a cruise from Dover to New York that gives us both area!!

Mike

We have had Iceland on our "bucket list" as well as Northern Norway. When NCL put out the 2017 cruises with those available as B2B we thought we had hit gold. But we then saw we would be doing the Norway Fjord stops again and also stops in the UK we knew all about so 'flagged' NCL for those. There is a cruise from Dover to New York that gives us both area!!

Mike

Which Dover to New York cruise are you talking about? I'm interested!

I haven't been following along too closely, but I was just doing some searching and saw that Jade is doing some cool new itineraries in 2017 and they are open for booking. I'm sure this is common knowledge around these parts, but I didn't know it -- I just grabbed an aft balcony on the Iceland cruise and the prices are actually really good for Iceland cruises that I've seen. Plus, the itinerary is a bit more interesting than some of the other Iceland cruises I've seen, because instead of a straight shot from Bergen to Reykjavik, it stops at Lerwick and then Kirkwall on the way back, and also calls at both Inverness and Edinburgh. And leaving from Hamburg is kind of cool, because it opens up lots of places to start pre-cruise on the Continent. Anyway, I found the cost to be really competitive -- I mean don't get me wrong a 14-day cruise is pretty extravagant, but compared to other Iceland cruises I've seen the cost seems pretty decent. (But wow -- the "free" beverage package on a 14-day comes out to nearly $400 -- so I'm not entirely sure that's worth it.) Again, sorry if this is old news -- with one Iceland cruise for the year I bet the best cabins get reserved fairly early.

I am planning on booking that exact same cruise - I just have to wait until after my upcoming cruise on the Sun in April, so that I can use as deposit one of the CruiseNext vouchers I plan on purchasing on board. :)

I am planning on booking that exact same cruise - I just have to wait until after my upcoming cruise on the Sun in April, so that I can use as deposit one of the CruiseNext vouchers I plan on purchasing on board. :)

Can you tell me more about the CruiseNext vouchers? I'm fairly new to NCL and I'll be on the Escape in April. Wondering if I should wait to book my next cruise as well on-board.

Can you tell me more about the CruiseNext vouchers? I'm fairly new to NCL and I'll be on the Escape in April. Wondering if I should wait to book my next cruise as well on-board.

You can find more information here:

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

And you are NOT obliged to book any cruise while on board, you have up to four years to decide when to sail - remember that after you have used a CruiseNext voucher as deposit for a cruise, you can only change the reservation ONE time if you change your mind and want to book a different cruise instead,

And you are NOT obliged to book any cruise while on board, you have up to four years to decide when to sail - remember that after you have used a CruiseNext voucher as deposit for a cruise, you can only change the reservation ONE time if you change your mind and want to book a different cruise instead,

Thanks for the information, do you know if a friend gives me her Credit Card info if I am able to book her a future cruise as well or does she have to be there?

Don't know if this is the one poster referred to but here is a Dover to New York cruise found via google search

17 day July 10, 2017 Sea Princess

Ships: Sea Princess

Ports: London (Dover), England | Gravdal (Lofoten Islands), Norway | Tromso, Norway | Honningsvag (North Cape), Norway | Akureyri, Iceland | Reykjavik, Iceland | Halifax, Nova Scotia | New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn), New York

Don't know if this is the one poster referred to but here is a Dover to New York cruise found via google search

17 day July 10, 2017 Sea Princess

Ships: Sea Princess

Ports: London (Dover), England | Gravdal (Lofoten Islands), Norway | Tromso, Norway | Honningsvag (North Cape), Norway | Akureyri, Iceland | Reykjavik, Iceland | Halifax, Nova Scotia | New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn), New York

Correct one

Mike

Thanks for the information, do you know if a friend gives me her Credit Card info if I am able to book her a future cruise as well or does she have to be there?

Hello again.

It will not help if you have her credit card, as the cost of the cruisenext voucher would get charged to your ship account. I believe that you would have to purchase one in your name for your friend as well (since you will receive on board credit to your ship account right away), and then you can transfer it to her name when you come home.

You just need to buy one; cost of $250 to your on-board account with a rebate there of $100 so actual cost to you of $150.

When you get home all you need to do is to phone NCL with your Latitudes # and also her Latitudes #; you can then transfer the FCC to her.

Note that she also has to be enrolled in Latitudes; that is she has had to have cruised NCL before.

Mike

Hello again.

It will not help if you have her credit card, as the cost of the cruisenext voucher would get charged to your ship account. I believe that you would have to purchase one in your name for your friend as well (since you will receive on board credit to your ship account right away), and then you can transfer it to her name when you come home.

Thanks for your help Trumpy :D

A bit confusing.

The blurb at that link says that but the full T&Cs don't address it at all:

https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms?hide_hf=true

We did a similar cruise on the Star in Fall of 2014. Great cruise except we missed two ports due to cat 2 hurricane.

Iceland is fantastic. We did the Golden Circle tour.

Lerwick, Shetland Islands was a nice surprise.

Check out my review for details and private tours.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=264272

I'm not sure I would wait. Cabins seem to be getting gobbled up quickly, and also I think (I'm not sure) the price may have gone up just in two days for some cabins. It may not be worth $100 to wait. Can't you book now and then if the price is still the same, simply cancel and re-book when you get your voucher at that time? If by then the price has gone up, you can stick with your original booking and you're still better off.

I'm not sure I would wait. Cabins seem to be getting gobbled up quickly, and also I think (I'm not sure) the price may have gone up just in two days for some cabins. It may not be worth $100 to wait. Can't you book now and then if the price is still the same, simply cancel and re-book when you get your voucher at that time? If by then the price has gone up, you can stick with your original booking and you're still better off.

U can add your voucher after the first deposit so book now and one u have your voucher pût it on ur réservation