Sabor Restaurant - Thoughts? Opinions?

cjdixon4

Hubby and I are beginning to consider restaurants/excursions that we want to book for our Freedom sailing. I am really interested in Sabor, because I love good Mexican food. Heard that it's a more upscale-type Mexican fare, and not the usual tamales, burritos, enchiladas etc...

Can anyone who has dined there previously share their Sabor experiences? Much appreciated! ;)

We dined at Sabor last year on Freedom. It was very good. Neither my husband, nor I, have ever liked guacamole. We devoured it at Sabor. They will make it tableside as mild or spicy as you would like it. We also really enjoyed the fresh salsa/pico. It was amazing, and I am generally not a big fan of raw tomatoes in anything.

I will echo what everyone else has said about the dessert box. Definitely leave room for that dessert. It is the highlight of the meal.

I agree with the person who said the quesadillas are too cheesy. I love quesadillas too. I love cheese. I know they should be cheesy, but Sabor overdoes it a little. The cheese can get a little greasy/oily. Be careful if you wear something that would be adversely affected by oily cheese.

Overall, the meal was amazing. The cheese things were the only things that were not my favorite. Not bad, but just not the things I would go for again if given the choice.

We went on Oasis. The menu's a little different but we loved the tableside guacamole & chips, the short rib entree, the yucca fries, and especially the box of sweets dessert sampler.

Short ribs, huh? Now that's my kind of meal...I just wonder how it's done Mexican-style? I'll have to check it out, 'cause it sounds delish!

Hubby and I are beginning to consider restaurants/excursions that we want to book for our Freedom sailing. I am really interested in Sabor, because I love good Mexican food. Heard that it's a more upscale-type Mexican fare, and not the usual tamales, burritos, enchiladas etc...

Can anyone who has dined there previously share their Sabor experiences? Much appreciated! ;)

IT was still relatively new on Freedom when I tried it, so we tried it for lunch. It seems(ed) to be the only Sabor in the fleet that had flat pricing(not ala-carte) when we at there May 2nd for $15 each. I thought the food all tasted excellent. I don't claim any expertise on Mexican dining.

There was one dish called a bacon wrapped chicken stuffed jalapeno. It was one of the favorite things for my cruise.

Edited by BillOh

We dined at Sabor last year on Freedom. It was very good. Neither my husband, nor I, have ever liked guacamole. We devoured it at Sabor. They will make it tableside as mild or spicy as you would like it. We also really enjoyed the fresh salsa/pico. It was amazing, and I am generally not a big fan of raw tomatoes in anything.

I will echo what everyone else has said about the dessert box. Definitely leave room for that dessert. It is the highlight of the meal.

I agree with the person who said the quesadillas are too cheesy. I love quesadillas too. I love cheese. I know they should be cheesy, but Sabor overdoes it a little. The cheese can get a little greasy/oily. Be careful if you wear something that would be adversely affected by oily cheese.

Overall, the meal was amazing. The cheese things were the only things that were not my favorite. Not bad, but just not the things I would go for again if given the choice.

I'm a HUGE guac fan, and everybody raves about this guacamole. I can't wait to taste it. Love it spicy! Hubby is a pico de gallo lover. He'll go crazy over that stuff. Maybe we'll take a pass on the quesadillas... :(

Of all the $$ restaurants on Navigator (including Chops) Sabor was far and away my favorite! We could hardly walk coming out of that restaurant. Food is totally subjective but I really enjoyed every single item that we ate! I can't wait to try the Sabor on the Liberty of the Seas!

Just off Allure. Sabor was our favorite meal, food-wise, besides Izumi teppanyaki. The guacamole and quesadillas are to die for.

On Oasis in April, it was our least favorite meal. Will give Freedom a chance next month. Maybe for lunch