24 hour holds

DebbieN167

Has anyone else noticed that you can no longer put a 24 hour hold on a cruise?

I'm looking at one in April so I thought that was why, but then I tried one in Nov. & still nowhere to do it.

Yes, it's been noticed, but some people can still do holds. Have not seen the pattern to it.

Has anyone else noticed that you can no longer put a 24 hour hold on a cruise?

I'm looking at one in April so I thought that was why, but then I tried one in Nov. & still nowhere to do it.

Debbie, it is truly random. It's sometimes there, and it's sometimes AWOL.

There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason. I know that it is not completely gone.

Recently I was thinking about booking a B2B cruise.

One of the cruises would let me put it on hold; one would not.

How bizarre is that?!!??!??! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

Only TAs can do courtesy holds. I think there can be some extenuating circumstances though.

Sorry...But this isn't true...it varies...as other's have posted above and we have no idea as to the why's & when's this happens.

Royal offers a "buyers remorse" cancelation policy when booking within final payment. We booked a cruise last week for March and were very skeptical about this when the rep told us. You have to make the full payment, but you have a 24 hour cancellation without penalty. We insisted on speaking to a supervisor when booking to confirm the buyer remorse clause and she sent it to us in an email.

Royal offers a "buyers remorse" cancelation policy when booking within final payment. We booked a cruise last week for March and were very skeptical about this when the rep told us. You have to make the full payment, but you have a 24 hour cancellation without penalty. We insisted on speaking to a supervisor when booking to confirm the buyer remorse clause and she sent it to us in an email.

I'd love to see this policy in writing.

Thank you! That's great to know for the future.

Edited by DebbieN167

I was able to place a hold on a room today. Hmmm ??? I can understand the issue with rooms being tied up, though.

Glad you were able to use the hold option as it does vary.They are only held up for 24 hours and then they drop...so really not a big deal.

If I put a hold on a cabin tonight, will I still qualify for the WOW sale with OBC? Thanks.

Yes...you will get a booking # and an email sent to you immediately when doing this...and this is what you will refer to.

The 5 day WOW ends tonight at midnight....if I place a 24 hour hold on a cabin...do I get today's price and perks? or does it change to whatever tomorrow's price is??

You get whatever perks and price is in force when you create the hold.

Interesting....website would not let me do the 24 hour hold.

It "varies"...try again later tonight it just might be available....I've done most all of my 24 hours holds very late at night....but don't assume it will be available. Any reason to not just book it ?...You can always cancel it.