Looks Like they are still trying to fool us

SeaGoingDAD

It's funny I had the opposite experience on the Pride Journey cruises from what everyone (well, most) are worried about.

We met our room steward (we had two cabins, one for my parents and one for me). She asked if we wanted morning, evening or both. For my parents, it was both (there is some used medical supplies that I prefer is disposed of twice a day versus having it lay around). For myself though, I asked just for evening service.

Didn't matter, my cabin was serviced twice a day every day.

I have a typed list of things that we would like in our cabin such as robes, extra hangers, ice twice a day, etc. When we first enter our cabin, I cross off anything that is already in the cabin and give this list to the Steward if we see him before sailaway or leave it out so he can see it.

These items are usually in the cabin when we return from sailaway.

When we first see the Steward we give him $10 as a thank you gesture for our "special requests".

If the form is there when we are on the Dream, I will definitely check both boxes. DH is a neat freak and would definitely not like to come back to an unmade bed, sand on the floor, etc. If this service couldn't be done twice a day, I think that would lbe a stroke against cruising Carnival in the future.

We keep our home neat, make the bed every day and like the idea of not having to do this on our vacation.

What sort of special requests do you make? Just curious

I can't believe how many of you people are so cheap and selfish. So they are cutting back to keep costs down.

You want more service? Just give your room steward an extra $10 tip at the beginning of your cruise for ice and towel service. It's amazing what a little bribe will get you.

An extra $10-20 is not going to kill any of you. In the whole grand scheme of a $2000 or more cruise, I think we could all get by with one less drink for the week.

First - John is a Carnival Puppet, who is the marketing face of Carnival, to spin cut-backs and make them sound like you asked for it!

Secondly, Carnival continues to cut back on the Customers experience, without reducing prices. Companies that cut back in the front of the house, also, will cut-back in the back of the house, which is where the important items are, the quality and maintenance of the ship.

The picture is much bitter.

Now if you are spending so much money on a cruise, why sail Carnival? Other cruise lines offer better service, take care of customers, and do it for nearly the same price.

Instead of complaining, jump ship as I did, and discover that cruising is better on the other side!

First - John is a Carnival Puppet, who is the marketing face of Carnival, to spin cut-backs and make them sound like you asked for it!

Secondly, Carnival continues to cut back on the Customers experience, without reducing prices. Companies that cut back in the front of the house, also, will cut-back in the back of the house, which is where the important items are, the quality and maintenance of the ship.

Now if you are spending so much money on a cruise, why sail Carnival? Other cruise lines offer better service, take care of customers, and do it for nearly the same price.

Instead of complaining, jump ship as I did, and discover that cruising is better on the other side!

I thought Hawk's post was satire:confused:

I don't think wanting twice a day service means anyone is cheap or selfish:confused:

We have a group going on the Fascination in 12 days. This will be 14th cruise for myself and DW (all Carnival) and 3rd on the Fascination.

I won't say "line in the sand", but if we have to struggle to get 2X service plus bed turn down, ice, towels, etc, then our response might very well be to "Cruise........ like a Norwegian".

That NCL Getaway DOES looks pretty sweet................. :p

Their new CEO has managed to charge taxes on everything except the shower soap. Don't let their "free" fool you, you are going to be taxed to death. You'd be surprised at all the changes this year. I'm so lucky to have sailed Getaway while Sheehan was in control.

We were on Dream last month for the 21 day journey. We were given the card it saying morning OR evening. As well as steward told us ONCE a day. I let him know it didn't make me happy. He said he had been doing 25 cabins twice a day (50 cleanings), now 35 cabins once a day. Also acted as if he now had more work and hard to keep up. Told me he would get me ice in the mornings if I asked. We asked ONE morning and he had to go a long way down the hall......he didn't seem happy. So less servicing to the cabins, but tips stay the same. A little inconvenient with towels depending on what ya do. Sometimes need more that 2 towels a day. We had sand on the carpet for 5 days til we finally asked for it to be vacuumed. Said the next day was day for vacuuming, but he would do it that evening. In 41 cruises with CCL we have never experienced anything like this trip. Getting twice a day wasn't going o happen long story short.

Kat

What scares me more about this whole thing is the overall cleanliness on embarkation day. If your steward has been given over 1/3 more rooms, the FTTF and the same time all rooms are available something has to give. I am really concerned as I dont want to see dust, smudges on glass doors, or dirt/hair in the bathroom from past guest. Im not saying this WILL happen but I would like to know where the stewards are getting that much extra time to thoroughly clean the extra rooms on day 1.

Edited by ravenjls

(1) This is a program being tested on certain ships. The plan is to expand it to all ships. Therefore, it does not matter whether you received the form on your last cruise.

(2) People continue to report that some stewards on the ships with the forms are insisting that "both" is not an option. It is not surprising that some stewards try to keep their workload from increasing while others try to maximize their tips.

(3) JH promised in the fall that a "both" option would be added. A new version of the forms has been printed, according to OP's link. The version does not state "both." Instead, it adds language instructing guests to choose "the best time" for service. If the people writing and approving the forms are competent professionals, they know that using singular language will lead many people to believe they must choose one.

(4) Carnival saves by employing/housing/feeding fewer stewards + doing less laundry + reducing other cleaning expenses.

(5) Twice-a-day service is very important to some guests, especially families.

(3) JH promised in the fall that a "both" option would be added. A new version of the forms has been printed, according to OP's link. The version does not state "both." Instead, it adds language instructing guests to choose "the best time" for service. If the people writing and approving the forms are competent professionals, they know that using singular language will lead many people to believe they must choose one.

True, but it does say in the sentence above that to "Choose all that apply". Very ambiguous when you take that along with the phrase "the best time". They should add a "(s)" at the end of that or something

Edited by RiotAct

Yeah the dramatics on here from some are very laughable. I can only imagine what some of the folks that work on these ships think of some of these people. I read a post yesterday about a husband and wife who work on the ships and had to leave their 3 year old behind in their home Country so they could make more money for a better life for their child. I believe the husband had to be taken off the ship with heart trouble :( I think some need a reality check. We have it pretty good, I can handle having my room cleaned once a day.

lol with ya.

I'm just wondering if said line in sand is because of the confusing form or the change itself. If they fix the form and it includes both, will the line go away?

There you are again :rolleyes:

Huh, that is weird...I am leaving on a 7 day cruise from New Orleans in 11 days, Balcony cabin for 3 that cost a TOTAL OF $1135 :eek: . Spring Break week no less. I think I will stick with Carnival.

Really.

Let's see if this can help you understand.

Let's say you are given a test. It is decided into a couple of different sections.

Let's say at the top it says answer the following questions.

There is a section that says, choose the best answer. A or B?

Are you choosing both even if you think they are both true statements? I doubt it, because the instructions said choose the best.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm selecting both. Don't want an unmade bed all day. Turn down doesn't take much time and I don't need new towels every day.

Yeah the dramatics on here from some are very laughable. I can only imagine what some of the folks that work on these ships think of some of these people. I read a post yesterday about a husband and wife who work on the ships and had to leave their 3 year old behind in their home Country so they could make more money for a better life for their child. I believe the husband had to be taken off the ship with heart trouble :( I think some need a reality check. We have it pretty good, I can handle having my room cleaned once a day.

I empathize with the employees. I can't imagine the sacrifices they make to support their families. I felt terrible that they were away from their families so I could cruise on Christmas with mine. I tip extra, especially after I heard guests announce on Christmas Day that they were removing their tips. But that does not mean that I am not allowed to state that I want my cabin serviced twice a day without feeling like I am placing an unexpected additional burden on a steward who has more cabins than ever before.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

That is fine if that is what you need to do. I just think some of the people on here need to take a step back and look at themselves and re-read some of the stuff they write. I know I do sometimes and I am embarrassed. I live near a town where many of the homes were leveled day after Christmas by a tornado, maybe life has been too real for me lately and I am feeling more thankful for what I have. It could all be gone tomorrow. My mindset might be too serious for a cruise website right now....:o We are amazingly blessed to be able to take vacations, at one point in my life that wasn't possible.

I empathize with the employees. I can't imagine the sacrifices they make to support their families. I felt terrible that they were away from their families so I could cruise on Christmas with mine. I tip extra, especially after I heard guests announce on Christmas Day that they were removing their tips. But that does not mean that I am not allowed to state that I want my cabin serviced twice a day without feeling like I am placing an unexpected additional burden on a steward who has more cabins than ever before.
Edited by tkportersat

Doesn't the thumbnail in post one say "check what applies?" It doesn't say check just one.

Yes it says "Check ALL that Apply".

Pretty straight forward to me lol. If I want both ill Check both of the times as this would apply to what I want

Jeeeez folks it's not rocket science there's No Vast Carnival conspiracy here

But remember.......Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you 😂😂.....now keep making those tin foil hats to wear

Pretty straight forward to me lol. If I want both ill Check both of the times as this would apply to what I want

But remember.......Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you ...now keep making those tin foil hats to wear to protect yourself

I can't believe how many of you people are so cheap and selfish. So they are cutting back to keep costs down.

\

No they're not. Don't think the savings from a decrease in service will be passed on to customers. They're looking to increase their profit margin by spending less and increasing the work load on their cabin stewards.

Edited by Pesh

That is fine if that is what you need to do. I just think some of the people on here need to take a step back and look at themselves and re-read some of the stuff they write. I know I do sometimes and I am embarrassed. I live near a town where many of the homes were leveled day after Christmas by a tornado, maybe life has been too real for me lately and I am feeling more thankful for what I have. It could all be gone tomorrow. My mindset might be too serious for a cruise website right now....:o We are amazingly blessed to be able to take vacations, at one point in my life that wasn't possible.

I may be too invested in these issues because of my real life challenges. I don't want to share details in a public forum, but cruises are my family's main escape from the stress of those challenges. Certain members of my family would be extremely stressed by a messy cabin, and they have enough to deal with in real life. :)

But remember.......Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you 😂😂.....now keep making those tin foil hats to wear

Well it says "Check all that apply" at the top of the form but then reads right before the question that everyone is up in arms about, "Which time would be the best...", not "time(s)".

Basically, "choose as many as you'd like... but only choose one". Lol.

I get that, I was a widowed single mom for years and I'm confident little things stressed me out more than they would now. My vacations were even more crucial to me back then. Good luck, I hope your situation gets better.

I may be too invested in these issues because of my real life challenges. I don't want to share details in a public forum, but cruises are my family's main escape from the stress of those challenges. Certain members of my family would be extremely stressed by a messy cabin, and they have enough to deal with in real life. :)

On our cruse on Ecstasy earlier this month, the Steward asked and I told him evenings would be best for us as we sleep late some mornings. Little did we know, every time we left the room in the am, we would come back to neat and tidy. He was a SUPER steward and answered our every need, every time quickly.

I don't think it matters which time you pick anyway, get over yourselves, and enjoy the cruise.