Crown & Anchor Emerald Vs Platinum

Very minimal. Emerald is so pointless. All it serves to do is keep me from D!!!!!

I think it was only created to mollify folks who were going from Platinum to Diamond when they changed the rules. Tht's when they moved the goal posts on Diamond and made it harder to get to.

I think it was only created to mollify folks who were going from Platinum to Diamond when they changed the rules. Tht's when they moved the goal posts on Diamond and made it harder to get to.

This seems reasonable, I suppose. I'll still hit D by the time I'm 32. This excites me, perhaps more than it reasonably should.

I agree that Emerald was created just to make people feel happy they were achieving a new level when, in reality, all it did was prolong the trip to Diamond. Whether or not it is a worthless level depends on whether you are looking at it from the consumer or RCI's point of view.

This has probably been asked a dozen times - if you buy the Internet package early, can you ask for the discount on board? I'm going to assume yes.

No C&A discount if you purchase the package pre-cruise.

You can see the coupons here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045047

There may be a slight difference in internet discount between Platinum and Emerald, but I don't have those details.

Thanks for the link. Very minimal increase in benefits indeed with only the increase in the internet package discount (I don't use internet on board anyway).

This has probably been asked a dozen times - if you buy the Internet package early, can you ask for the discount on board? I'm going to assume yes.

Don't buy it ahead. There is no point, no benefit.

Wait until you are onboard.

The discount is applied automatically.

This seems reasonable, I suppose. I'll still hit D by the time I'm 32. This excites me, perhaps more than it reasonably should.

Congrats! I hit diamond when I was 32 and my wife 33 as well in 2014. We Did it on our own. We were not grandfather'd in. Have been on 25+ cruises but didnt start sticking to royal until 2011.

Hopefully I will see you in the Diamond lounge sometimes. Very few younger people in the Diamond lounge. We always enjoy the company in the Diamond lounge, but it would be nice to see a younger face ever now and then.

I am curious as to if RCI will increase the level to get to Diamond again. Given the sheer mumber of people becoming diamond it is not a sustainable business model to have a 3.5 hour happy hour every night for that many people.... Either that or reduce the drink number and kill of the unlimited drinks in the Lounge.

Amen to that! 31 now as well, and will hit D next April right after my B-day! Woot.. I agree.... so exciting. All on my own too! Stupid grandfathered in people or people that got changed due to relationships etc.