Gift Bag Ideas

maalvarez18

We are going on a family vacation with my husband's family on the Allure in July, and I'm planning on giving a gift bag to each couple in our group . This will be their first time on Royal Caribbean, as they have cruised before on Carnival ('08) and on the Big Red Boat.

I've bought some Canvas totes to put in the gifts.

What other items can I get for the them?

Hand sanitizer

Sticky notes to leave messages (on mirror for cabin mate and friends doors) and pen

High lighter to high light things in compass

Gum/mints

Advil/pepto

Clothespins/clips to hang wet bathing suits on chairs on balcony (won't blow away)

Band aides (can't buy on ship)

Magnet of ship (make your own by using photo and printing on magnetic photo paper)

Clips to clip towel to chair by pool

Just a few things that I can remember....

Depending on your budget personalized matching tee shirts would be nice. It would make a great family photo.

Just the tee itself in a cute bag would be awesome, and no other gifts needed.

They would also be easier to transport.

Hand sanitizer

Sticky notes to leave messages (on mirror for cabin mate and friends doors) and pen

High lighter to high light things in compass

Gum/mints

Advil/pepto

Clothespins/clips to hang wet bathing suits on chairs on balcony (won't blow away)

Band aides (can't buy on ship)

Magnet of ship (make your own by using photo and printing on magnetic photo paper)

Clips to clip towel to chair by pool

Just a few things that I can remember....

A lot of the list above is what I pack so great to add to a gift bag. I bring sticky notes and a pen myself, but others like magnetic dry erase boards for the cabin doors.

To piggy back on the 'magnet' idea...you can easily create a cabin door magnet for each couple. Would be easy to find each other and a nice memento for when they go home.

In addition...couple bottles of water (to drink not refill), small pre-packaged snacks, deck of cards, word search or puzzle book.

PS... love this kind of thread!! :)

Edited by Laney219

A "lidded" coffee cup. Priceless. (if you drink coffee or tea). Nothing worse than trying to transport a cup of coffee in their mugs. By the time you get to your table, cabin, or where ever.....half the coffee has spilled all over the place.

Take a trip to your local Dollar Store. :)

A "lidded" coffee cup. Priceless. (if you drink coffee or tea). Nothing worse than trying to transport a cup of coffee in their mugs. By the time you get to your table, cabin, or where ever.....half the coffee has spilled all over the place.

Oh that is a good one too!!!

Liberty had 'to go' cups in the Promenade last year... when they ran out, it got messy!

Everything mentioned in this post would be great. I would add:

Yeti - great for keeping beverages hot or cold for a very long time. Great for walking around without your hand getting hot or cold.

Cruise journal - There's nothing like re-reading memories, especially those you had forgotten. I don't journal, but for $2000+ cruise, I be journaling...

Like that idea.:)

One thing I always bring are those neon bracelet things -- the kind you snap and they light up (you sometimes see them at carnivals, circuses). I've found them at Wal-Mart. I use one each night to put on the handle of the bathroom door so I can find my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

I like door signs. Make up one for each couple. Get a cute background and then add their first names. Put little magnets on the back.

You could get them laminated and get dry eraser markers so you can leave notes for each other.

We like to take a few battery-operated candles (or tea lights) for our stateroom. Adds a bit of atmosphere, as well as safety at night if someone has to get up. Place on the coffeetable, the bathroom countertop, out on the balcony. :)

Great ideas from everybody! Not sure when you were planning on giving this to them, but I would recommend well in advance of the trip before they start purchasing many of these items themselves.

I've never used a lanyard for my room card, but if you think they might, get some from the Dollar store. They might even have some blinged out ones.

I think many people will bring there own things like sunscreen, hats and so on.

I like the door magnet and the white board idea so you can find each others cabins and leave messages.

Decks of cards

Cross words w a pen

Puzzles

If you know everyone really well add a snack you know they like but won't be able to get on board. (Oreos, Cashews or favorite chip. Something like that.)

If you are really ambitious you could organize a photo scavenger hunt. Winning couple gets a prize. This way you could add the Scavenger Hunt list to your bag, and maybe 2 disposable cameras if you don't want to go digital.

Your friends are very lucky to have someone who is organized and generous. Have a great trip!