Westerdam/Noordam

mcrcruiser

Are there any differences between the Westerdam & it's sister ship Noordam ?
A few. The biggest differences: the Noordam Explorations Cafe library and computer center is down on deck 3, not shoe-horned into the Crow's Nest. The Westerdam does not (yet) have cabins on deck 10. The N has Retreat cabanas. The W stern balconies on decks 4 and 5 are much larger, and the ones on deck 5 are fully covered. The N has the Oak Room on deck 10, which at the present is an indoor smoking lounge.

I like Noordam better! :)

Edited by jtl513

Westerdam also has the highest repeat passenger percentage in the fleet next to the Prinsendam :). We've been on her twice and from our experience, there is good reason to return, and we are returning in April for 33 days :).

How so?

LOL - she's the Queen of Horns :). Toots a lot :)

170 CC people will be on her!! :D

Are you unsinuating we are noisy? LOL. We'll certainly be exuberant when the tooting is happening :)

Edited by kazu

We have quite a few sailing days on the Westerdam.

The chocolate seduction area -- saw very few people ever there. They can't even make a chocolate martini there.

In three weeks last year - with walking through there several times a day - I never saw anyone in there.

Whatever mistakes may have been made on the first three Vista ships were corrected on the beautiful Noordam. She is a truly beautiful ship. :)

That is not to say Westerdam is not and we enjoyed at least three cruises on her. I would certainly sail her again.

Edited by sail7seas

Quoted by KK:

I figured that your one finger was having problems hitting the right keys.

How much longer to you have to wear that contraption?

sorry, KK, quote not working for me.

It will be while - probably three weeks at least. Two weeks I see the surgeon and get the scoop. It was 5 weeks yesterday since my surgery and this hideous thing went on. The brace has been adjusted though to give me a bit more ability (40 degrees) and to start the painful little exercises to get range of motion starting to come back. 5 weeks before we leave and we plan on being on that plane, so I have something worth working for :)

Edited by kazu