Diamond - Internet discounts

Denversail

What is the best cheapo strategy with two Diamond discounts on an 8-night cruise? One free 24-hour span earlier in the week, followed by free 48-hour span encompassing the last two days?

Yes, one off a 24 hr and then one off an unlimited package bought a few days later, or off another 24 hr package bought a few days later. It depends really on your ports and the days at sea as to how you make it most cost effective.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

I think this thread is going to save me $160

Question:

We have 3 rooms on upcoming cruise. 2 Diamond adults in 1 room, 1 Diamond child in each of other rooms. Is the Diamond internet offer part of a Child's Diamond benefits? (booked in separate room/different res #)

If so, assuming we use 1 device at a time and the end of cruise option, we will have free internet for 5 days of our 7 day cruise.

Is this correct?

Question:

We have 3 rooms on upcoming cruise. 2 Diamond adults in 1 room, 1 Diamond child in each of other rooms. Is the Diamond internet offer part of a Child's Diamond benefits? (booked in separate room/different res #)

If so, assuming we use 1 device at a time and the end of cruise option, we will have free internet for 5 days of our 7 day cruise.

Is this correct?

Yes, I believe you are correct. Use 3 of the coupons for 24 access and the 4th for unlimited internet for the last 2 days.

This is what I did with my Diamond discounts. I didnt sign up the 1st day because you're still in port most of the day and can get cell service even at sea. Day 2 to 3 used my free 24 hour period. Then on day 3 pay for the rest of the package which would be 5 days times $15 a day equals $75 then used my wifes diamond coupon for $30 and ultimately paid $45 for the entire cruise. Pretty good deal for really fast internet:D

Question:

Is this correct?

No, according to this list http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49275526&postcount=2 the kids do not get the 24 hour free internet benefit, they get 10% off a package.

Edited by LisaGoeke

Question:

Is this correct?

Kids do not get the Internet discount.

• 2 weeks later...
Will be on liberty. Where do we go to sign up? If we want to use one of our D discounts for the unlimited package for the last 2 days do we have to wait till friday to sign up or can we pre-signup?

You sign up using your wireless device when you are on the ship. Just connect to the wireless and you will be prompted on how to sign up. You cannot pre-signup for your free days, you sign-up for your free days when you want the free period to begin.

You sign up using your wireless device when you are on the ship. Just connect to the wireless and you will be prompted on how to sign up. You cannot pre-signup for your free days, you sign-up for your free days when you want the free period to begin.

I apologize but I'm not following your response, Clarea. How do you sign up for your free days (diamond)? For some reason, I don't remember.

I apologize but I'm not following your response, Clarea. How do you sign up for your free days (diamond)? For some reason, I don't remember.

You connect your wireless device to the Royal WiFi wireless service. You open your internet browser to any page (this may happen automatically) and you will be directed to a page where you can sign up for internet access. You will have to provide some ID info and they you will be presented with the options you have for internet plans. One of those options will be a free 24-hour period, starting immediately.

You connect your wireless device to the Royal WiFi wireless service. You open your internet browser to any page (this may happen automatically) and you will be directed to a page where you can sign up for internet access. You will have to provide some ID info and they you will be presented with the options you have for internet plans. One of those options will be a free 24-hour period, starting immediately.

One of the items you enter is your folio #, that is how the system knows to pull up your discount offers. On my last cruise, my diamond discount did not show up. The diamond concierge just told me to get the 24 hour period and he then removed the charge.