Deck 6 or 8

I have stayed on both on Independence and Liberty. I, for some reason, prefer deck 8. Not sure why. Looking at Freedom and the only remaining connecting rooms are on deck 6. There are side by side rooms on 8. If you had to choose, which would you choose? Or does it not matter to you?

My family prefers deck 8. Mostly because it allows us to use the stairs more often. Only a few flights up to the pool/clubs, a few down to deck 5. Add one or two more going down for dining but going down is easier. We also like closer to back elevators because same end as Windjammer & clubs.

We have never tried connecting but my kids were a few years older. I wanted the mini sofa vs a chair. I always get an extra key to access their room. They know if they do not answer the door when I knock, I would open the door. Only time that it bothered me was checking/waiting to see if they were ready for dinner. Would your youngest need help getting ready for dinner? If so, connecting would be helpful, even if you had a key.

I have stayed on both on Independence and Liberty. I, for some reason, prefer deck 8. Not sure why. Looking at Freedom and the only remaining connecting rooms are on deck 6. There are side by side rooms on 8. If you had to choose, which would you choose? Or does it not matter to you?

I'd prefer deck 8, but it would not be a huge deal to take the staterooms on deck 6 if having the connecting door is important to you.

Definately deck 6 with the kids. They are too young to be away from adult supervision and might be frightened at night if the cabins creak-

I prefer Deck 8 - depending on the location of the cabins on Deck 6, you can be over something noisy on the Royal Promenade - but I would like to have connecting cabins with my kids.

:)

It looks like the deck 6 rooms are above the deck 5 dinning room.

Would your youngest need help getting ready for dinner?

Not really. We plan on opening the balcony dividers, so she could walk over that way if we don't have connecting doors.

There are connecting rooms on deck 10, but they are about $100 more. $100 is a spa package ;)