Select dinning and free bottle of wine

spideygirl

I have read on threads that if you book the select dinning on the first night you get a free bottle of wine. But when i go onto cruise per it doesnt state that when trying to book. Is this an offer thats on board or just happens?

I think if its going to happen, it just happens. Probably depends on how many bookings they have for the first night. If its full a bottle may not appear.

Also you would probably just get house white/red. No choice. Having said that the house white is alright.

I have read on threads that if you book the select dinning on the first night you get a free bottle of wine. But when i go onto cruise per it doesnt state that when trying to book. Is this an offer thats on board or just happens?

This happens if bookings are slow, the longer the cruise the better the chance of getting a bottle. On our 28 night Ventura cruise this offer was on most nights. However it is only for eating early. 18.00 to 18.30. Not all night.

Well i have booked the Beach House on Oriana for our first night in May.....no mention of free wine on CP but i wouldnt expect it to be honest as P &O's IT systems probably couldnt cope with that!

I will let you know if we get a bottle or not! It will be red if we do!

As the Beach House cover charge is just £5, you are not going to get a free bottle of wine. The free wine offer is confined to the more expensive speciality restaurants.

Brian

On our December cruise on Ventura we pre-booked Sindhu and did not get a free bottle of wine. Throughout out the cruise they were constantly trying to get people to go to Epicurian and Sindhu by offering a free bottle of wine for 2 people eating early in either of the restaurants, this offer seemed to be available most nights so we have decided that for our April cruise we will wait until we are on board before booking. If the offer is on then we will take advantage, if there is no offer we will still eat at Sindhu one night and buy a bottle of wine it is no loss to us.

Edited by Josy1953

I've only ever had this in Epicurean if you dine early (6.30-7.30) I think. Years ago there was a reduced rate in select venues the first night but they don't seem to do this now. I always eat select first night due to my food allergy, and have had the free wine on long and short cruises.

Quite often P&O will do a special offer on embarkation day for Epicurean and Sindhu, 50% off the normal price, so I would not bother pre ordering but wait till you board.

As the Beach House cover charge is just £5, you are not going to get a free bottle of wine. The free wine offer is confined to the more expensive speciality restaurants.

Brian

Maybe a glass then .......just a little one......lol ? :D

we havent booked to get a free bottle or glass of anything....but simply because we have no idea what our dining arrangements will be and past experience tells me that 6.30 is too early and 8.30 too late for us on embarkation day. And if we do get freedom dining which is what we have asked for, well we won't have lost out for one day. There is only Sindhu or Beach House on Oriana to chose from.