Buy one get one half price

trueno86

Hi all,

New to the forum.

I am getting married in June time and for our honeymoon we would like to go on our first cruise :). We are looking at the new harmony of the sea 7 day cruise in June as well.

The royal Caribbean currently are doing the buy one get one half price offer. Is this the best time to book?? I read somewhere before that they usually raise the price up and then make the offer. Is this true, if so. Should i wait until after the deal ends and hope for a better deal???

We are really excited about this but as there is not much time remaining we are wondering should we just plunge in now.

any other tips regarding booking.

Thanks a lot on advance for the help

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

There is no way to predict when the best time to book will be. I would book as soon as possible to have the best choice of stateroom. If you will be booking under US/Canadian rules, and the price goes down before final payment date, you can usually get the lower price.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I just booked yesterday and got a 30% off an Alaska cruise, but booked a year ago for a TA and got a BOGO. As Bob said you never know, just keep checking. I book early to get the cabin I want where others book later because the position of the cabin does not matter. It is a personal choice. Enjoy your cruise whenever you book.

Agree with others. Book now, prices can go up as fast as down. When you look at the cost of the cruise, disregard the "discount program." The only thing that matters is the "bottom line" cost. So you need to look at the price per person, PLUS any On Board Credit, discounted items such as drink packages, etc. (if you'll use them). For example, if there is a BOGO on, and the price is $2000 per person, but the second person is half price, the bottom line (not counting tips, shore excursions, or port charges which do not change) is $2000 x 2=$4000-$1000 (BOGO)= $3000 which is $1500 per person. Now let's say a new pricing comes up which is $1600 per person with no BOGO but $300 OBC. Your bottom line will be $1600 x 2= $3200- $300 (OBC)= $2900. Of course port charges will also be added in.

Anyway, if you are in the U.S. book early, you can always cancel. Then you can take advantage of most reductions in price up until final payment.

Hi

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.:)

I too live in the UK and booked on the BOGOF, so called deal :rolleyes:

It says you get a free drinks package and 50% off the second person but if you look at the Guarantee cabin price ( on our ship the Ovation it is), to which the offer doesn't apply, it is the price of the selected cabin minus the drinks package.

Example

Balcony Guarantee,excluded from the deal (so no drinks package) £499pp

Balcony Cabin(you can choose your cabin ) with the deal £712pp

Guarantee price & select drinks package (£29x7 =£203) £702pp

So if you want the drinks package you might as well select your cabin for an extra £20 (£10 x 2) but if not go with the guarantee price.

I hope this makes sense

This may vary from Ship to Ship but that's how it is on the Ovation, 3rd May sailing so just look carefully at all the options

Edited by debgreg

Not sure how the prices will change in a few days, but the new 'offer' starting in the UK / ROI on 1st March is All Inclusive Drink & On Board Credit

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/latest-offers_49_3706254953.pdf

At the minute the 'Offer' is All Inclusive Drink and BOGOHO Cruise Fare

If you want the cocktail package, you will just pay the difference and you can upgrade when you get onboard

I agree with just look at the bottom line, however, don't get too complicated. Look like you are going to book, towards the end they add port fees to it. I also add ppd tips which is a necessity anyway. There will be highlighted words like see payment details. The bottom line is, is that amount what you are willing to pay for a very nice honeymoon? A new ship is not going to be discounted, if the price is too much look at a more seasoned ship. I booked with BOGOHO with $200 OBC I rechecked it at the 30% off and the difference was under $50 and I would have lost OBC. Book and keep checking until final payment for adjustments.

Have a great honeymoon!

I agree with just look at the bottom line, however, don't get too complicated. Look like you are going to book, towards the end they add port fees to it. I also add ppd tips which is a necessity anyway. There will be highlighted words like see payment details. The bottom line is, is that amount what you are willing to pay for a very nice honeymoon? A new ship is not going to be discounted, if the price is too much look at a more seasoned ship. I booked with BOGOHO with $200 OBC I rechecked it at the 30% off and the difference was under $50 and I would have lost OBC. Book and keep checking until final payment for adjustments.

Have a great honeymoon!

not sure the op is bases - so if in the UK - take note - you cannot do price adjustments.

Thanks everyone for the advice so far. It's great help. We are from the UK. From Northern Ireland actually. As mentioned before. It'll be our first cruise. So we are extremely excited. The fact this is our honeymoon makes it all the better.

Also. Thanks everyone for the well wishes

Thanks everyone for the advice so far. It's great help. We are from the UK. From Northern Ireland actually. As mentioned before. It'll be our first cruise. So we are extremely excited. The fact this is our honeymoon makes it all the better.

Also. Thanks everyone for the well wishes

I am also from UK. This is what I do. I check a number of online travel agent websites. Not sure if I am able to list which ones on this forum but it becomes pretty obvious after a few searches which ones are best for checking prices.

In my experience booking well in advance definitely makes sense for the higher category cabins like Junior suite and suites. With inside and outside cabins the prices can fluctuate depending on demand but I would expect demand for Harmony to be strong.

If you can afford it, I would go for a suite. Grand Suite is the lowest category that will give you suite privileges. That will give you the VIP, enhanced experience.

I also find that if you are sailing in Europe then arranging your own flights, hotels and transfers is best unless it is a specially priced packaged offered by the cruise line or one of the big online travel agents. It's not just the cost but the flexibility.

Hey all, Thanks for the help. I have booked the cruise :).

Due to the budget. We weren't able to book a suite. We have a Ocean View stateroom i think. The room number is 7106. Its right at the front of the ship.

Can someone please comment on what they think about this room. Is the front of the ship ideal? or should i try and get it moved? They said there is a 25% obstructed view.

Thanks for being so patient with us. First cruise and it being a honeymoon means we are nervous and wanting it to be just right

Thanks in advance for the help :)

If you think you might be prone to motion sickness, then I would try to move closer to midship. The extreme ends of the ship will tend to experience more motion than midship.

RC always has all these ridiculous promotions and specials.

But in the end, no matter they promote you will pay the same.

The best prices seem to be if you book way ahead.

Occasionally there will be price drops at random times.

But you have to check very often or you will never catch it.

Most real price drops only last a very short time...

OP is UK based, so forget about price drops, they just don't apply. Pretty much any change from now on will cost £. If you're now booked under UK T&Cs, best to never check prices again!

I booked on the BOGOF offer that ended yday in the UK).

I have just checked and the same cat cabin (balcony) that I paid £1425 with drinks package, is now £1900 with drinks package and $200 OBS. You can however get a guarantee balcony for the same price, £995 and pay for a drinks package £420, which works out the same as what I paid under the offer. Only difference was I got to select my cabin.

So as you say, not really much difference as they don't apply the offers to GTY cabins anyhow, well not here in the UK.

Well, at the beginning of January, I booked a 12 night Mediterranean/Greece cruise in June on the Brilliance, which was a BOGOHO plus premium drinks package and this cost me £4,287.50 including gratuities and port fees. The exact same cruise with the same type of cabin and dining preferences is today priced at £4,614.50 and doesn't include any drinks package. So that's £327 less and whatever the drinks package would have cost us. I'm very happy with that! :)