How late do the shops stay open in Juneau?

sleepless

DH and I will be in Juneau (Celebrity Solstice) in July on a Tuesday from mid afternoon until about 9:00 pm.

We have booked The Mendenhall Glacier tour that will be over about 3:30 pm.

Will the shops and restaurants be open late afternoon and and into the evening with the ships being in port?

Thanks.

They pretty much stay open until the last ship sails so no worries.

Keith

Thanks.

DH and I love to walk around the towns we visit - taking in a local museum and seeing some of the shops. We also wanted to see the Mendenhall Glacier. Glad we will be able to do both.

Do you have a suggestion for dinner?

Are you sure you get back that early? Based on your other post, the JU72 earliest tour leaves at 2 and takes 2.5 hours so back at 4:30.

Yes, I know that we won't get back until about 4:30-5:00, but we don't leave Juneau till about 9:00 pm. That still leaves us a few hours in town. Time go have dinner and see a few shops (if they are still open).

Thanks.

DH and I love to walk around the towns we visit - taking in a local museum and seeing some of the shops. We also wanted to see the Mendenhall Glacier. Glad we will be able to do both.

Do you have a suggestion for dinner?

Hey if you're up to it, try to eat at Tracy's crab shack in Juneau, its at the dock, ain't much but the food is good:D

If there is a ship in port with passengers and cash some of the stores will be open. You can find a very similar to the ships Mendenhall tour on the dock at a cheaper price. Lots of vendor booths located near the Tram and across from the Red Dog Saloon.

Interesting how multiple people say the shops are open until the last ship leaves. My experience a couple of summers ago is that many shops started to close about 6-7pm since most cruise passengers are back on the ship by then and the city is very empty.

Interesting how multiple people say the shops are open until the last ship leaves. My experience a couple of summers ago is that many shops started to close about 6-7pm since most cruise passengers are back on the ship by then and the city is very empty.

Some store are open late, usually those big souvenir shops near the dock, I've seen open to around 9pm.