What would you like to see in the 2017 brochures ?

Host Hattie

Anyone know when the 2017 brochures are out? , nothing on Cunard website although other ships including P&o have released theirs. I want one to Gothenberg and Hamburg like the QM2 is doing this year plus more overnights and as others have said , please longer in Gib, 3 hrs isn't worth getting off the boat!

I just received a sales promotion in the post from Cunard listing some 2017 Exotic Cruises that are part of the World Voyages. (In the US, the promotion code is PLB for the "Free Balcony Upgrade, Free Gratuities and up to $800 Onboard Credit" offer - conditions apply, limited to certain cruises etc.)

I just received a sales promotion in the post from Cunard listing some 2017 Exotic Cruises that are part of the World Voyages. (In the US, the promotion code is PLB for the "Free Balcony Upgrade, Free Gratuities and up to $800 Onboard Credit" offer - conditions apply, limited to certain cruises etc.)

Do you know which voyages? I'm in an inside. Would that apply for anything? Queen Elizabeth San Francisco to Sydney and Quern Victoria Sydney to San Francisco.

Do you know which voyages? I'm in an inside. Would that apply for anything? Queen Elizabeth San Francisco to Sydney and Quern Victoria Sydney to San Francisco.

Not seeing your return trip, but yes, voyage #Q707B QE SF to Sydney is listed in the sales brochure I received this morning. It shows the price for an Inside (IF) as $3,649 (taxes, fees and port charges additional), $200 on board credit per stateroom. Looks like free gratuities offer applies, but free upgrade doesn't seem to apply when booking an inside cabin.

It appears this promo is for US bookings; sorry, but I don't know what may be on offer elsewhere. -S.

Edited by Salacia

Not seeing your return trip, but yes, voyage #Q707B QE SF to Sydney is listed in the sales brochure I received this morning. It shows the price for an Inside (IF) as $3,649 (taxes, fees and port charges additional), $200 on board credit per stateroom. Looks like free gratuities offer applies, but free upgrade doesn't seem to apply when booking an inside cabin.

It appears this promo is for US bookings; sorry, but I don't know what may be on offer elsewhere. -S.

Thank you. I've called my travel agent. We actually have an ocean view as well as we are a family travelling together. So we should get the upgrade for that. The OBC is new too. This is the time I wish I hadn't transferred the booking to an agent. I could get it done quicker by calls my direct

Thank you. I've called my travel agent. We actually have an ocean view as well as we are a family travelling together. So we should get the upgrade for that. The OBC is new too. This is the time I wish I hadn't transferred the booking to an agent. I could get it done quicker by calls my direct

You're welcome. Hope the offer works out for you & your family. It certainly sounds like a very exciting voyage! Have a great time! :) -S.

I would like a Westbound transatlantic in August, ideally on the QM2, that included a viewing of the total eclipse of the Sun that is happening on 21st August and crosses the Atlantic from the coast of South Carolina.

A 5 day crossing. Heck a 6 day is good, but they're mostly now 8 nights which is a huge n go for us. We want to use it and have 5 days to use in Europe, anything more than 6 makes it impossible.

They may be rethinking the 8 day crossings. My November crossing was originally one of 4 consecutive 8 day crossings but they were all cut to 7 with a 4-day mini-cruise in the middle.

I think most crossings are 7 days.

Roy

My wants are less glamorous than the above suggestions.

I would like both QV and QE to be based in Southampton for most of the season. Especially QV. I would also like to see cruises to northern Norwegian ports, maybe even to Greenland. I would like Baltic cruises to include Oslo, Helsinki and Stockholm in the same cruise but I'm not bothered about Russia. I would like to see some of the other Baltic countries included instead of st Petersburg. I would like to see less cruises visit Hamburg at both ends of the cruise.

In the med I would like to see a Greek island cruises visit several Greek islands instead of just one. I would also like to see Malta included occasionally. I prefer the longer less port intensive cruises around the med which are round trips from Southampton.

Oh dear, looks like my hopes have been dashed!

The itineraries for the rest of 2017 should be released soon. What would you like to see ? Any new ports you would like Cunard to visit ?

Majorca please! With an excursion to Valle de Mossa to visit the monastry where Chopin and George Sand lived and worked during one Winter. Lovely shopping in this delightful spot.

Skillies

Oh dear, looks like my hopes have been dashed!

Yes, I think they all have. 2017 schedule seems much the same as this year.

QV in the Med all summer again from 22nd June until 13th November. :(

On the plus side, lots of round trip Transatlantics from either side, and at least one eastbound followed by a westbound 8 days later (QM2 does a fjords trip in the interim).

On the downside, very little variety in the Caribbean itineraries from years past.

have received 2 emails from TA's for 2017 strangely both have nothing for QV from her WC return until 4th June: refit ??

I hope they are not carrying out their threat to convert the wonderful Chart Room into Britannia Club.....

On a TA website I'm looking at now for next year's cruises on the QV, it gives all cabin types and prices and there's no mention of Britannia Club cabins but it does show Club cabins for QE cruises.

I'd be surprised if they put the QV in for another refit as it had one just last year.

"...Queen Victoria will be fresh from her refit for the 2017 Mediterranean season and will offer Britannia Club dining and accommodations for the first time..." Quoted from http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cunard-debuts-largest-programme-launch-ever-featuring-2017-voyages-and-2018-world--exotic-voyages-programme-300235200.html

I hope they are not carrying out their threat to convert the wonderful Chart Room into Britannia Club.....

On a TA website I'm looking at now for next year's cruises on the QV, it gives all cabin types and prices and there's no mention of Britannia Club cabins but it does show Club cabins for QE cruises.

I'd be surprised if they put the QV in for another refit as it had one just last year.

"...Queen Victoria will be fresh from her refit for the 2017 Mediterranean season and will offer Britannia Club dining and accommodations for the first time..." Quoted from http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cunard-debuts-largest-programme-launch-ever-featuring-2017-voyages-and-2018-world--exotic-voyages-programme-300235200.html

Oh no! :(

• 2 weeks later...
They may be rethinking the 8 day crossings. My November crossing was originally one of 4 consecutive 8 day crossings but they were all cut to 7 with a 4-day mini-cruise in the middle.

I think most crossings are 7 days.

Roy

Looks like they have...the slow 8 all sea day crossings are gone for 2017!! just 7days out of NYC and few 8days out of Southampton that have a stop in Halifax otherwise many of the westbound are 7days also..I am very glad as the 8days where way to slow for a great ship like QM2

Edited by sfbearcat

• 2 weeks later...

Fred Olsen are currently advertising a cruise as 'Old England to New England' with the following itinerary

Southampton, UK - Ponta Delgada, Azores - Hamilton, Bermuda - St. George's Island, Bermuda - Norfolk, USA - Baltimore, USA (for Washington D.C.) - Baltimore, USA (for Washington D.C.) - New York, USA - New York, USA - Newport Island, USA - Cruising Cape Cod Canal - Boston, USA - Portland, Maine - St John, New Brunswick - Halifax, Nova Scotia - St. John's, Newfoundland - Ringaskiddy, Ireland - Southampton, UK

It will be our 30th Wedding anniversary in 2018 and we'd love to celebrate it doing this itinerary but on a Cunard Ship. We have always wanted to visit New England, to combine it with a cruise would be fantastic.