Top Sheet

jocaissey

We have always done the same. Except on our last Cruise. Received our luggage and couldn't find the Lysol Spray. We questioned each other and both agreed it was packed. About a month after the Cruise we got a message from SLC TSA advising us they removed the can of Lysol Spray. Good news is we didn't catch any cooties. Oh yea, we always request a top sheet also.

We always wipe down the cabin as soon as we arrive.

They have a 10 pack travel size of Clorox wipes that I buy at Target for $1, which I keep in my travel bag, on my person, when boarding the ship.

We've been invited to three weddings in the past year. On their gift registry all three listed duvet/bottom sheet. That's also what our granddaughter took to college for her dorm room.

Wonder if the duvet/bottom sheet is now what the younger crown wants and Princess is trying to be "trendy"?

LuLu

Its common in most up-scale lodging these Days (has been in Europe for a long time.) It really is a sanitation issue - as opposed the old blanket bed spread top sheet, you are never in contact with used bedding............

Sadly a number of mid range hotels who started the practice hotels had to start printing a memo to explain the process tot heir customers. I think Hampton was the first.

We've been invited to three weddings in the past year. On their gift registry all three listed duvet/bottom sheet. That's also what our granddaughter took to college for her dorm room.

Wonder if the duvet/bottom sheet is now what the younger crown wants and Princess is trying to be "trendy"?

LuLu

Not very trendy in my house

.....duvet and bottom sheet for the past 35 years at least :D

The same as you'll find in most UK homes :)

When we meet with Stewart we hand a short list of things we want done.

On the list is a request for a top sheet

Also, we provide a picture of a Dead President. :D

We always get the top sheet and the other items accomplished.

Bob

We also discuss our requests with our cabin "steward". Never provide pictures of dead presidents and always receive excellent service during the Cruise.

We also like the flexibility of the top sheet and we also pack a light blanket because we both get too warm using the duvet. I will be anxious to see if the new bedding is an improvement!

Save the suitcase space...the steward will provide a blanket, all you have to do is ask.:)

Also, according to Pescado Amarillo - currently one the Emerald, the new linens include a top sheet.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

I have been reading all threads related to 'top sheets' and 'mattresses' for almost a year as we prepare for our 1st princess cruise. it may be a matter of various customs in different countries, but I am not sleeping on a bed without a top sheet. Our experience with hotels (in the US at least) is that they put the duvet/comforter between 2 sheets and fold them over the top to 'seal' it. I prefer this method.

I will be asking for a top sheet and maybe a mattress topper when we board (I have a bad back and need decent, not great support) I have to admit, these are the 2 things I am most worried about :D

It will be a great cruise, even if I have to sleep on the floor!

ML

I found a request form on CC long ago and made blank copies. I FAX this request to Princess a few days before each trip. Have been mixed with getting topper & top sheet but bring the form with us and just give it to the cabin steward. Never had any issue getting the top sheet and only didn't get a topper once. On the Regal again soon and hope they have toppers. For new beds we found them not to our liking.

I also carry Lysol spray (small travel cans) and spray bathroom, rug, & bed including pillows.

When we meet with Stewart we hand a short list of things we want done.

On the list is a request for a top sheet

Also, we provide a picture of a Dead President. :D

We always get the top sheet and the other items accomplished.

Bob

Im curious - what else is on your list? :) This may be helpful for a someone who isn't an experienced cruiser such as myself!

Top sheet fans will be very pleased with the new bedding, with which the default is a top sheet, lightweight comforter and a top cover that has about an 18" pocket at the top into which the comforter is tucked.

You will soon realize, however, that this is less sanitary than having a duvet fully enclosed in a case, not unlike the pillows we all happily use. We have never once woke up with the comforter still tucked into the pocket. Instead it has fallen out and our bodies and faces are touching the comforter, which is not washed between cruises.

While the feel of the bedding is very luxurious, it is certainly not anymore sanitary than what previously gave people fits. I much prefer the encased duvet where one can choose whether or not to ask for a top sheet.

A couple of weeks ago on the Royal, I asked for a top sheet. I asked that it be left folded on the bed as my hubby likes the duvet. I like having a sheet to throw over me....with the AC on MAX. Instead of a flat sheet, I received a duvet cover! :eek: There must be a shortage of flat sheets available! ;)

I requested a top sheet on the Pacific Princess last September and got a laundered duvet cover. That was OK. At least we had something else besides the duvet.

A top sheet and blanket are the first things I ask for when the steward comes around the first day, as well as more hangers.

I always get a top sheet; a blanket, not always.

I don't like duvets because they are heavy and just too warm and bulky. Also, if I take the duvet off, then I'm soon too cold without at least a top sheet.

I use a top sheet and blanket at home, so it's what I'm used to. I do notice that my grandkids just wrap themselves us in their fuzzy blankets and seem to never use a top sheet, so it may be generational as well as cultural, as in Europe.

A top sheet and blanket are the first things I ask for when the steward comes around the first day, as well as more hangers.

I always get a top sheet; a blanket, not always.

I don't like duvets because they are heavy and just too warm and bulky. Also, if I take the duvet off, then I'm soon too cold without at least a top sheet.

I use a top sheet and blanket at home, so it's what I'm used to. I do notice that my grandkids just wrap themselves us in their fuzzy blankets and seem to never use a top sheet, so it may be generational as well as cultural, as in Europe.

You should be able to get a blanket, too, without any problems. On our last cruise our steward was not the best--he was good at giving excuses as to why he couldn't do things. When we asked for a blanket he said he was sure they didn't have any. We said not to worry about it, and that we'd check with Passenger Services. Funny thing--before we left our cabin he brought a blanket.

I haven't been on Princess yet - but I heard from someone that you can sneak a blanket from the MUTS showings down to your room. I don't have any idea of the size, but perhaps that would fulfill the blanket needs?

I haven't been on Princess yet - but I heard from someone that you can sneak a blanket from the MUTS showings down to your room. I don't have any idea of the size, but perhaps that would fulfill the blanket needs?

No need to do that because your steward can provide a blanket.

The MUTS blankets are small, and who knows how often they're washed. Also, they should be left for the MUTS viewers.