Safe & dependable transfer from FLL to Port of Miami?

jordanaire

My 10-yr old son and I will be needing safe, dependable transportation from our FLL hotel (or from the FLL airport) to the Port of Miami in late June. Any suggestions? I know that Carnival charges $30 per person, but I'd like something a little more inexpensive.

How do I go about booking transportation to the port? Do you pay at booking or upon delivery to the port? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

QLS $15 pp - excellent, on-time, dependable, courteous, shared van - either from FLL airport or one of the hotels on their list (check out their website) directly to POM

Others use SAS with similar positive experience

Go Airport Shuttle is another option for shared shuttle service.

check the company web sites - they should list the hotels they pick up at, which will save you a trip back to FLL just to catch your shuttle.

Uber is another option - about $40 if surge pricing is not in effect, depending upon your hotel location a taxi will run $75-80+tip

If I wanted safe I would go with a private transfer.

What about Larry's Limousine.

By the way I had a long talk with someone who does have is own limo company where I live and does some work for Uber. I am not sure after that talk I would use Uber.

Does anyone know their standards?

OK. Take private companies. Many are required to have their vehicles inspected every three months by states And they have to have commercial insurance. And chauffeur's license.

Not with Uber.

The more I think about it the more I worry.

Just my 2 cents.

Keith

Guest debbiejohncruise

Now I know to book a van service to get to the POM from the hotel in FLL. Thanks so much. Debbie

When you book a shared van service such as SAS, do they pick up at the baggage area for your airline? We are coming in to Fll on Southwest. Will we have to walk a distance to pick up the van or are the vans allowed to pick up at curbside outside the baggage area. We will be coming in at Terminal 1.