Bank of America Royal Caribbean Visa - Heads up

For what its worth.

I just wanted to let you all know of a problem I came across today.

I normally charge using my BoA Visa and I pay it off the same day .

Today I got notified of my charge so I went online to pay it.

Got online and noticed TWO account numbers so I called and was on hold for the longest I have ever been on with BofA . Well has things would have it

they said there has been a VISA breach somewhere they refused to say where but my account numbers had to be close , I questioned if it was one of the ppl

I have done business with and was told no this effects THOUSANDS it was just not me.

Anyone with a Bank of America Royal Caribbean Credit Card and have a vacation coming up SOON should maybe call or check your acounts.

I've had my account since 2007. I've had new number/cards about 5 times. Never any affect on my account. Caused by some problem somewhere.

Twice I needed new cards sooner than the mail would get them to me (Like cruising in 3 days) and if you ask they will Overnight them Fedex at no charge to you..

Dennis

Thanks George for the heads up. I just checked ours and all is fine except I noticed that we had a $.21 balance due.:eek: Seems that when I paid our balance off last week and did the electronic transfer from our bank to BofA I didn't see the $.21 and just sent them an even amount.:o I did call them and told them I would send it in today, which I did.

I was notified week before last and received a new card/new number in the mail last week. Was told it was a data breach at one of the merchants. Had to redo my Set Sail Pass.

Edited by WeatherFx

I was notified week before last and received a new card/new number in the mail last week. Was told it was a data breach at one of the merchants. Had to redo my Set Sail Pass.

This from what I was told was a breach on March 1st. or at least that is when they caught it. When he said if effects thousands I thought at least it wasn't millions. I know new cards were ordered and the old numbers will be complete dead on March 22nd.

Thanks for sharing! I am still only seeing one account--with the same balance I expected :)

I

The balances etc was exactly as was payments the same only my red flag was a different account number ( the new one was showing )

For what its worth.

Got online and noticed TWO account numbers so I called and was on hold for the longest I have ever been on with BofA . Well has things would have it

they said there has been a VISA breach somewhere they refused to say where but my account numbers had to be close , I questioned if it was one of the ppl

I have done business with and was told no this effects THOUSANDS it was just not me.

Anyone with a Bank of America Royal Caribbean Credit Card and have a vacation coming up SOON should maybe call or check your acounts.

Our cards are good to go....:)

For what its worth.

We received a text from BOA on Saturday denying a few charges. Called BOA and had them Fed X new cards to us since I'll be on Anthem on Friday :)

Thanks George for the heads up. I just checked ours and all is fine except I noticed that we had a $.21 balance due.:eek: Seems that when I paid our balance off last week and did the electronic transfer from our bank to BofA I didn't see the $.21 and just sent them an even amount.:o I did call them and told them I would send it in today, which I did.

...just hope you can avoid an interest charge and late payment for that carry over balance!! :D

I must be a little slow and tired after a very long day. What exactly are we looking for when we look at our account activity when we log in to the BOA account? I too have had new numbers over the years. Thanks

I must be a little slow and tired after a very long day. What exactly are we looking for when we look at our account activity when we log in to the BOA account? I too have had new numbers over the years. Thanks

You are looking to see if you have two account numbers listed instead of one. If you just have one account number, then yours has not been compromised, and they have not had to give you a new number.

Edited by clarea

You are looking to see if you have two account numbers listed instead of one. If you just have one account number, then yours has not been compromised, and they have not had to give you a new number.

Exactly Bob

This from what I was told was a breach on March 1st. or at least that is when they caught it. When he said if effects thousands I thought at least it wasn't millions. I know new cards were ordered and the old numbers will be complete dead on March 22nd.

Thank you for this information.

Were new cards ordered for everyone or just those affected?