Help. Should i cancel my anthem cruise

Having done 18 nights on Quantum we are looking forward to boarding Anthem. We will be on her the entire month of April and can't wait and we are older than you are.:)

Base your judgement on what you have actually experienced and not what you have read.

Just remember that a cruise is what "you" make it. I would not cancel.

Final payment on my June saying on the Anthem of the Seas is due on Friday. I am torn between going and canceling. All of the negative reviews the recent events are leaning me towards canceling. We are both 60 and traveling with other friends who also feel the same way. We have booked our dinner and show times already. A vacation is supposed to be relaxing and I really don't want to be spend my day at guest relations trying to fix things.

Can someone please offer some advice.

I sailed on the Anthem January 25th Cruise. I had a lot of apprehensions before departure - reading a lot of the negative reviews. I didn't want to alarm my wife. And yes, I was in denial............ as I hoped that the reviews had no merit. Big Mistake. I should have cancelled. This is just my experience and opinion. I hope that you can resolve this...........:confused:

Having done 18 nights on Quantum we are looking forward to boarding Anthem. We will be on her the entire month of April and can't wait and we are older than you are.:)

Base your judgement on what you have actually experienced and not what you have read.

Just remember that a cruise is what "you" make it. I would not cancel.

Ewwww Patti you are sooooooo spoiled:D

I sailed on the Anthem January 25th Cruise. I had a lot of apprehensions before departure - reading a lot of the negative reviews. I didn't want to alarm my wife. And yes, I was in denial............ as I hoped that the reviews had no merit. Big Mistake. I should have cancelled. This is just my experience and opinion. I hope that you can resolve this...........:confused:

If only we had gone in your place.....seriously!

We were on the Feb 6 cruise. We just booked a cruise on Anthem in May so we can continue enjoying this wonderful ship that is so easily accessible from our home! But we're positive people who even had a good time on the storm cruise, but no one wants to hear about our experience ;)

I would absolutely not cancel. I was on this cruise in January for 12 days and it is my favorite ship. The food was excellent the staff was great and the ship was beautiful. You can not blame the cruise line for weather and for a virus that was probably brought on the ship from an inconsiderate person who was sick.

This was the first ship I have ever been on that had a hand washing station and hand sanitizer before you were allowed to go into windjammer. What else could RCCL do if passengers do not do what is expected of them. Many people walked right into buffet without washing.

The media is over exaggerating because it is news.

I am sure you will love the Anthem. What happened on this ship could happen on any ship

Edited by mrsz

Final payment on my June saying on the Anthem of the Seas is due on Friday. I am torn between going and canceling. All of the negative reviews the recent events are leaning me towards canceling. We are both 60 and traveling with other friends who also feel the same way. We have booked our dinner and show times already. A vacation is supposed to be relaxing and I really don't want to be spend my day at guest relations trying to fix things.

Can someone please offer some advice.

My daughter just got off the shorted cruise, she said it was the worst cruise she's ever had on RCCL but she did have fun. A cruise is what you make out of it. She loved the ship and knows that the Noro outbreak and the weather are things out of NCCL control, she said that many of the wait staff, guest relations and her room attendant were just down right unhappy. She had a bartender that her husband and herself had made friends with, she asked him why and he smiled and said "he's been on ships with better management".

They booked another cruise while on board, not bad enough to make them change lines just not a good vacation.

First of all the. Norovirus can happen anywhere just take precautions and bring some OTC meds incase your not feeling great,wash wash wash and hand sanitizer ( this coming from a nurse) at buffet use napkin to touch any handles, as for the weather issues this is why they came back early so they would not be put in the danger as before but I hope they at least gave something back to those people for 2 days lost,I watched interviews and the people were happy with the ship and said everyone was on top of things so that being said.......go and enjoy,look I was 2 nd guessing my cruise in May on freedom because negativity remarks but nope I'm gonna think positive.......

Looks like you've made up your mind (seriously, TWO identical threads), so cancel and stay home. You've obviously made up your mind that you will be miserable. I'd be happy to take your place.

I have two threads because the first one never went through so I posted a second time. Most people know that this happens on this site. But thanks for making a big deal about it. 🙄

I have two threads because the first one never went through so I posted a second time. Most people know that this happens on this site. But thanks for making a big deal about it. 🙄

If the first one hadn't gone through it would not have posted. You need to refresh the page after you have started a thread to see it in the line up.

I would absolutely not cancel. I was on this cruise in January for 12 days and it is my favorite ship. The food was excellent the staff was great and the ship was beautiful. You can not blame the cruise line for weather and for a virus that was probably brought on the ship from an inconsiderate person who was sick.

This was the first ship I have ever been on that had a hand washing station and hand sanitizer before you were allowed to go into windjammer. What else could RCCL do if passengers do not do what is expected of them. Many people walked right into buffet without washing.

The media is over exaggerating because it is news.

I am sure you will love the Anthem. What happened on this ship could happen on any ship

Noro is NOT a "cruise ship thing". It's a "cruise ships must report at a much lower threshold thing".

Norovirus Sickens More Than 200 at Ursinus College in Pennsylvania

If the first one hadn't gone through it would not have posted. You need to refresh the page after you have started a thread to see it in the line up.

I did that. I also logged out and logged back in and it still wasn't there. People spend way too much time complaining about others on this thread instead of being helpful. If it bothers you don't read it and don't respond.

Edited by espo56

I did that. I also logged out and logged back in and it still wasn't there. People spend way too much time complaining about others on this thread instead of being helpful. If it bothers you don't read it and don't respond.

Now that's strange.

Yes, please cancel. Lots of cancellations should drive down the prices for the rest of us. :D

I was going to write the exact same thing :)

I wouldn't cancel!!

Go and enjoy the cruise, but I'm one who doesn't let other's reviews of food, shows, etc be the judge for me until I've experienced something myself :)

We were on the infamous Feb 6th sailing. Still had a great but shortened time. Got home and booked the same ship for the Sep 8th Canada/New England sailing. Every trip is only as good as you make it. If you go looking for issues, they will be found.

Cheers, Betty

I did respond earlier on your other thread but after reading responses here and there I think it is best for you to cancel. It doesn't seem like you will be able to go with an open mind so instead will be looking for issues at every turn. Please for the rest of us who will go and enjoy the ship cancel before it is too late.

Sorry if that is harsh but . . .