Trousers falling down !

Bav

Do they still insist on men taking there trouser belts off when going through the screening ? Its impossible to carry hand luggage and hold up your trousers at the same time.....can lead to some awkward moments !!! I am thinking of walking through with just my underpants. It will save a lot of time and embarrassment. Any Ideas,please ?

Do they still insist on men taking there trouser belts off when going through the screening ? Its impossible to carry hand luggage and hold up your trousers at the same time.....can lead to some awkward moments !!! I am thinking of walking through with just my underpants. It will save a lot of time and embarrassment. Any Ideas,please ?

I haven't had to going on ship, but at airport yes you do unless you get a belt with a plastic buckle

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Southampton request you put belts on the conveyor. The only way round this is having a completely non-metal belt including the buckle. Last tme I even took my shoes off but my tray had gone, so I walked through holding shoes which they seemed to accept.

Regards John

I put my hand luggage on the conveyer belt before taking my belt off

I can see no problem what so ever with that. At least they will see there are no weapons of mass (fertilisation!!)destruction about your person....

A friend of mine took his belt off going through security at Manchester airport and then activated the scanner so was subjected to a manual search and during this his trousers fell down.

I'm pleased to say I witnessed it along with my 5 friends and it's gone down in history as THE funniest thing to happen on our annual golf trips!!

You could always wear a Kilt........

That should definitely solve it Dave when you take the belt off your kilt your kilt falls down but security will not actually be able to observe your underpants for reasons which I cannot divulge.

Regards John

Rather puzzled as to why men would wear trousers so loose that they'd fall down without a belt? My husband sometimes wears one, sometimes not, and he's never lost his (or are we meaning the men with a big belly that the trousers sit underneath? In which case, wear a girdle!)

Rather puzzled as to why men would wear trousers so loose that they'd fall down without a belt? My husband sometimes wears one, sometimes not, and he's never lost his (or are we meaning the men with a big belly that the trousers sit underneath? In which case, wear a girdle!)

We understand the need for growing room while on a cruise and go prepared ;) :D

At Southampton you have to empty all pockets and put all luggage through the conveyor screening unit. People were also having to take off certain types of shoes plus belts. Just hold you're pants up while you go through the security check. All part of the holiday experience!

ALL THE TIME

p.s its not the plastic buckle, its whether you have stitched explosives in the layers.

I find it depends on the security staff and which side of bed they got out of.

Last cruise my belt stayed on, as did my pocket of loose change and my shoes, and the scanner never made a peep.

It also differs if they are being watched for training purposes. That's when then start acting like "Jobsworth".

I go through BHX nearly every week, and my zip top liquids bag, which I had used for about 4 years, suddenly became "the wrong size". I "discussed" the issue, and was told to shut up, as they were being assessed!!:eek:

Braces; that'll throw 'em! :D

Sadly (or should that be "laughingly"!), my husband's braces always ring the alarm bells going through security at Gatwick Airport, yet he won't remove them. I think he quite enjoys the body search!

Sadly (or should that be "laughingly"!), my husband's braces always ring the alarm bells going through security at Gatwick Airport, yet he won't remove them. I think he quite enjoys the body search!

Do they put the rubber gloves on :D

Do they put the rubber gloves on :D

Oh yes, all proper precautions are taken! He gets patted down and that baton thingy waved at him.

And because I go through in my wheelchair I always get my bottom examined (externally) in case I'm sitting on anything - again with rubber gloves in place!