Reflection...Sky Suite assistance

jules815

I'll be on Connie in 10 days, and may book another cruise while on board. Looking at Reflection for April, 2017.

Looking at Sky Suites. What would be your preferred location, and are there any you'd recommend avoiding? (We don't mind a longer walk to the elevators, and aren't bothered by motion.)

I'll be on Connie in 10 days, and may book another cruise while on board. Looking at Reflection for April, 2017.

Looking at Sky Suites. What would be your preferred location, and are there any you'd recommend avoiding? (We don't mind a longer walk to the elevators, and aren't bothered by motion.)

Decks 10,11 or 12 first choices. Great huge corner rooms, deck 11 had the window washing equipment which we did not have a problem with. We did the TA on Reflection in 2015 and we loved how private and spacious the corner aft was. I was told deck 6 S1 balconies are smaller than the other decks.

Decks 10,11 or 12 first choices. Great huge corner rooms, deck 11 had the window washing equipment which we did not have a problem with. We did the TA on Reflection in 2015 and we loved how private and spacious the corner aft was. I was told deck 6 S1 balconies are smaller than the other decks.

Great thank you!

Happy, Any chance you were in Cabin 1665 on the Reflection? I have booked this cabin and would love to know yours or anyone's thoughts.....

We were in Stateroom 1688 on the Starboard side - yours being on the Port side. The window washing contraption takes up the entire starboard side, restricting your view completely, and it's the same for the port side. I wouldn't book this stateroom again. I would opt for one of the aft S2's. They have more drawer and closet hanging space.

We loved 1214- no washing equipment, sun and shade.

+1 for 1214, we had it during our January Reflection cruise and really enjoyed the side as well as aft views. It was very quiet and you never heard any hallway noise because there is an outer door that leads from the hallway into the doorway for 1214 and an adjoining aft cabin door. Very nice

• 2 weeks later...
We were in Stateroom 1688 on the Starboard side - yours being on the Port side. The window washing contraption takes up the entire starboard side, restricting your view completely, and it's the same for the port side. I wouldn't book this stateroom again. I would opt for one of the aft S2's. They have more drawer and closet hanging space.

Hi Wine-O,

Hope you are correct. I took your advice and booked an S1 that was formerly an Aqua Suite. We also once sailed in an aft sky and while the cabin was a little larger, but closet space smaller- the cabinhad an extra chair in addition to the couch- the sun early in the morning and the fact that it wasn't covered, made it impossible to enjoy breakfast on the terrace. We do not like direct sun! Also we did get soot on the balcony that was on the chairs and tables. Light some days- heavier on others. The window washing equipment was also parked outside our porthole window. Also the pole by the bed could be a problem, especially if you get up at night to use the bathroom.

Our reflection sailing begins Saturday- will report back.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Hi Wine-O,

Hope you are correct. I took your advice and booked an S1 that was formerly an Aqua Suite. We also once sailed in an aft sky and while the cabin was a little larger, but closet space smaller- the cabinhad an extra chair in addition to the couch- the sun early in the morning and the fact that it wasn't covered, made it impossible to enjoy breakfast on the terrace. We do not like direct sun! Also we did get soot on the balcony that was on the chairs and tables. Light some days- heavier on others. The window washing equipment was also parked outside our porthole window. Also the pole by the bed could be a problem, especially if you get up at night to use the bathroom.

Our reflection sailing begins Saturday- will report back.

You'll get the AQ shower panel - much nicer than the ones in the other suites. Enjoy your cruise.

You'll get the AQ shower panel - much nicer than the ones in the other suites. Enjoy your cruise.

We were just on Reflection in cabin S1 2131. The cabin was great with the shower panel. If I would book again I would still book a S1 old Aqua Suite just a little more aft. Closer to the elevators. To much crashing of the waves out on the deck for myself.

We were just on Reflection in cabin S1 2131. The cabin was great with the shower panel. If I would book again I would still book a S1 old Aqua Suite just a little more aft. Closer to the elevators. To much crashing of the waves out on the deck for myself.

I think the S1's on the flat portion of the hump would be my first choices.