Does the Upsell Dept keep track of calls you make?

Do they do upsells to balconies & minis or is it just to full suites? We've got a couple of mid ship oceanviews I'd like to upgrade but full suites just aren't in the budget for all of us.

I upgraded from an Inside to a Mini-Suite today, three days before sailing.

I upgraded from an Inside to a Mini-Suite today, three days before sailing.

I have an inside and hoping for an upsell opportunity for my BA cruise in July. Do you mind revealing the price paid for your upsell?

Thanks for your detailed history, very informative. May I ask what this "fishing site" is that you referred to?

Low and behold the next Tuesday, the price dropped on that fishing site AGAIN.

Given that Florida has so many more ports and ships to choose from how likely is it to score an upsell on a new york ship?

All depends on your cruise and what is available. We upgraded from mini to suite last year on Gem out of NYC.

Just google "fishing for a cruise" the site ends with .net not .com

Personally I haven't been too pleased about the fishing site. I have alerts set up for my 7/3 Getaway cruise, and I know prices have clearly dropped more than once over the last couple of months. So, wondering why I haven't gotten an alert, I eventually find that the darn site hasn't updated its prices for those rooms since JANUARY. :mad:

Edited by joeski27

Personally I haven't been too pleased about the fishing site. I have alerts set up for my 7/3 Getaway cruise, and I know prices have clearly dropped more than once over the last couple of months. So, wondering why I haven't gotten an alert, I eventually find that the darn site hasn't updated its prices for those rooms since JANUARY. Wth?? :confused:
You probably have an alert set for cruise number 52616, but the current itinerary is cruise number 65926, and the prices on that page are up to date.

You probably have an alert set for cruise number 52616, but the current itinerary is cruise number 65926, and the prices on that page are up to date.

I think I see what you mean, but how in the world would that have happened? The first number IS my cruise, why would there be two different cruise numbers for the same cruise? Now I'm stuck with my alerts (which I paid for) on an old outdated cruise number. That's ridiculous.

Edited by joeski27

If I ignore her and keep calling every day (until she's sick of me and gives in), do they track that on my trip file? Does it help or hurt my chances of getting a possible upgrade?

If their isn't a list I'm sure one would be started if someone is going to be that much of a PITA

I think I see what you mean, but how in the world would that have happened? The first number IS my cruise, why would there be two different cruise numbers for the same cruise? Now I'm stuck with my alerts (which I paid for) on an old outdated cruise number. That's ridiculous.
The two cruises have different itineraries (I'm assuming it was a change on NCL's part), so the site treats them as distinct cruises. It would be nice if they let you switch your alerts over to the updated itinerary, because as far as the passengers are concerned, it's still the same cruise. But the site is not smart enough to realize that, all it knows is that NCL suddenly stopped providing pricing info on the old cruise, and started posting prices for this new cruise for the same date.

I've also seen cases where the cruise line changes the descriptive title of a cruise (with no changes to the itinerary), and this also causes the fish to create a new cruise ID.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

The two cruises have different itineraries (I'm assuming it was a change on NCL's part), so the site treats them as distinct cruises. It would be nice if they let you switch your alerts over to the updated itinerary, because as far as the passengers are concerned, it's still the same cruise. But the site is not smart enough to realize that, all it knows is that NCL suddenly stopped providing pricing info on the old cruise, and started posting prices for this new cruise for the same date.

I've also seen cases where the cruise line changes the descriptive title of a cruise (with no changes to the itinerary), and this also causes the fish to create a new cruise ID.

Not to continue to hijack this thread ;), but I've got an email into them now asking them to kindly switch the credits/alerts (which I paid for!) over to the new cruise number, we'll see how long it takes for them to sort it out :cool:

By the way...posting about these upsells every day increased demand thereby increasing the price of upsells. For those not familiar with basic economics, if they sell out all the upsells 2 weeks before they don't need to lower prices in the week and days before cruise. You're shooting yourself in the foot with all these posts.

Hmmm...txagfan, you're not an employee of the NCL Upsell Department by chance, are you...?

:D:D:D:D:D

If you call every day...you should have booked that class of cabin to begin with. And you're an *******...

They definitely use a CRM system (Customer Relationship Management) to track calls. Now, do they aggregate those calls in any way or look at history, that probably depends on the agent.

I don't think it affects your chance that much, as that is more a factor of availability. However, if you get a reputation of being a jerk about it, they will be far less inclined to help.

I have had to get them to change my alert before when NCL changed our 9 night Gem cruise to a 10 night last year. I emailed CF and they credited me with $1 and told me to set a new alert. Easy peasy! Hope they get you switched over quickly too.

I have had to get them to change my alert before when NCL changed our 9 night Gem cruise to a 10 night last year. I emailed CF and they credited me with $1 and told me to set a new alert. Easy peasy! Hope they get you switched over quickly too.

Unfortunately I tried to contact them and evidently their contact@... email address doesn't work anymore, getting automated bounce backs. :(

My recent experience with up sell.

I have been tracking the cruise prices by doing mock bookings and the fish...prices have stayed fairly steady. The ship is filling up. Many of the categories are now guarantee only and some are sold out completely. It is a Med cruise on the epic in early July.

I called two weeks ago to see and it was not open for up sells yet, she was very nice and said to call back in "about a week."

I called back Tuesday, week +1 day, and was offered an Upsell from BA to OS for 750 for first two passengers...so 1500. I offered 500 and it was excepted. So for 1000 I went from a BA to OS on an almost sold out sailing. I have since checked and there are no H2 or 2 bedrooms left.

Right before I called I did a mock booking and the OS was still selling for 14k, I got it for under 7.

I think I got a great deal. It's the least desirable OS with some obstructed views but it is a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app