Anthem Set Sail Pass

New to Anthem...Just finished online check in and have a couple of questions.

Is it bad if we don't upload our pics beforehand? Does it slow down check in?

I see that it says our cards will be in an envelope outside our rooms. How does that work? If the rooms aren't ready till 1 or so, what if we want to get drinks before that? What do we use?

And if the cards are outside our rooms, couldn't anyone take our cards and get into our rooms? Am I misunderstanding what really happens? :rolleyes:

Help lol :eek:

I see that it says our cards will be in an envelope outside our rooms. How does that work? If the rooms aren't ready till 1 or so, what if we want to get drinks before that? What do we use?

And if the cards are outside our rooms, couldn't anyone take our cards and get into our rooms? Am I misunderstanding what really happens? :rolleyes:

You can use your Set Sail Pass for purchases until rooms open up. Technically someone could steal the cards, but no one really does (at least I haven't heard any stories!). Besides, it's not like there's going to be anything in the actual room. If your card was to be stolen, just go immediately to Guest Services.

:)

You can use your Set Sail Pass for purchases until rooms open up. Technically someone could steal the cards, but no one really does (at least I haven't heard any stories!). Besides, it's not like there's going to be anything in the actual room. If your card was to be stolen, just go immediately to Guest Services.

OK Thanks. Any idea why they do this instead of giving you the cards at check in? I'm guessing this is exclusive to Bayonne? Or exclusive to Quantum class?

We uploaded our pics but for whatever reason, when we got to the pier DH's photo was not acceptable. The check in agent had an ipad and took his photo right then and there...it only took a few seconds so it should not slow down check in.

As noted, you use your set sail pass for purchases while you wait for the stateroom to be ready.

Only one sea pass was in an envelope on the door. The other sea pass was in the stateroom.

We uploaded our pics but for whatever reason, when we got to the pier DH's photo was not acceptable. The check in agent had an ipad and took his photo right then and there...it only took a few seconds so it should not slow down check in.

As noted, you use your set sail pass for purchases while you wait for the stateroom to be ready.

Only one sea pass was in an envelope on the door. The other sea pass was in the stateroom.

OK Thanks. Any idea why they do this instead of giving you the cards at check in? I'm guessing this is exclusive to Bayonne? Or exclusive to Quantum class?

We were on Q. Originally, the WOW bands were complimentary. They had a plastic form made that held the WOW bands and any additional sea pass cards. I am guessing that these plastic forms were made up ahead of time. To have all of them at the pier check in stations would be very cumbersome. Much easier for the Room Stewards to place them in the stateroom and one sea pass on the door.

Required? No. Does it make it easier? Yes. Much easier? No. Easier enough, in my opinion.

Is there a reason that you don't want to upload your own pictures? At least that way you can control what it looks like. ;)

Check-in for the Anthem at Cape Liberty is different. Although there ARE counters (despite what some people will tell you), there are primarily people standing there with ipads. They can check you in. Just standing there, in the middle of the terminal. Thus, there is no way to give you the Seapass cards.

One card is in a cardboard envelope by your door, when you get to your cabin. (generally at just about 1 PM). The other card is inside your cabin.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Exclusive to Quantum class. Otherwise, Bayonne is just like other ports. I've seen posts that there are counters inside the terminal too, but Anthem doesn't use them. We're going on Celebrity Summit in July out of the same port and we'll be checking in the standard way for that one.

It's not exclusive to Bayonne, it's the Quantum class check in. More hi tech. You're checked in by an agent with a tablet. The agents are roving around, not standing behind counters, hence no sea pass cards to give you.

If you upload your own photo in advance, it will save you the time of needing the agent with the tablet having to take your photo. Not a big deal, though the more folks checking in with you, the more time you add.

As said above, don't worry about the main sea pass card being outside your cabin door. I've read a zillion threads on here about Anthem and Quantum (and sailed on Anthem) and no one has reported this causing a problem.

We sailed Anthem from Southampton (and had uploaded our photos in advance); the check-in was amazingly fast and efficient.

Exclusive to Quantum class. Otherwise, Bayonne is just like other ports. I've seen posts that there are counters inside the terminal too, but Anthem doesn't use them. We're going on Celebrity Summit in July out of the same port and we'll be checking in the standard way for that one.

Yes they do.

Required? No. Does it make it easier? Yes. Much easier? No. Easier enough, in my opinion.

Is there a reason that you don't want to upload your own pictures? At least that way you can control what it looks like. ;)

Well not really. I just wasn't prepared to do it when I went online to check in so I didn't have pics of everyone. I guess I could still do it. Was just wondering how much of a difference it would make if I didn't. ;)

good information and thank you. Just one question, they used to ask which credit card you will be using for payment of purchases, drinks, etc. at the end of the cruise. Don't they do that now or is that info you fill out prior.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, Quantum class only, so only Anthem in the U.S. right now. :)

Thanks. This raised a question about my Oasis cruise on the 26th. Wasn't sure if I was missing something or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have checked in online for the Ovation 3 May, printed setsail passes but i can't see where you upload a picture ?

It may also be port-of-embarkation specific. I don't know if your port of embarkation is set up for the new technology.

When you do your online check-in, there is a very obvious prompt to upload a photo. If you did not see that, then you don't do it.

I have to admit the whole no seapass thing at the check in desk was off putting to me, too. I thought it would be chaos. It was not. Anthem was one of the easiest check ins I think I've had. Try to upload your photo ahead of time. My check in person was glad I had. It does save a little time and that little bit of time adds up across a few thousand passengers.

But if you don't, they can take it. Forget to print your set sail pass, they can do it for you. Want a traditional check in desk, they are right behind security like always. But you probably won't need that.

And there is a separate security line for Suites and Pinnacles. If you are there early before boarding begins, you will sit in the same area as everyone else, but you will be called to board first. Suites, Pinnacles and special assist are first, followed by D+ and D, and then down the C&A levels and general boarding.

It may also be port-of-embarkation specific. I don't know if your port of embarkation is set up for the new technology.

When you do your online check-in, there is a very obvious prompt to upload a photo. If you did not see that, then you don't do it.

Southampton is not really much different than Cape Liberty in terms of check in - they have had practice with the Quantum class check in procedures since Nov 2014. Like many other issues, the lack of the pic upload link at check in can likely be attributed to an RCI IT system glitch.

Southampton is not really much different than Cape Liberty in terms of check in - they have had practice with the Quantum class check in procedures since Nov 2014. Like many other issues, the lack of the pic upload link at check in can likely be attributed to an RCI IT system glitch.

Thanks, Yes we are sailling from Southampton, does that mean i should call and ask about the photo or have others found no photo required ?

Thanks, Yes we are sailling from Southampton, does that mean i should call and ask about the photo or have others found no photo required ?

No need to call. The uploading of the photo may save 30 seconds at check in.