Becoming Platinum during cruise

hockeymom15

Sorry I know this has been posted before but I cannot remember the outcome. My daughter is cruising this Aug with myself . During the cruise she will hit her days sailing to become Platinum . Will she get the platinum card at the beginning of cruise and all the perks or will she have to wait until next cruise ?

She'll get her platinum card upon check in. We are in the same position for our upcoming cruise. :cool:

That's correct. Platinum from the start of the cruise. Congrats to both of you!!!

So, while not as exciting, we will be moving up to Gold during our cruise in the fall. Is it the same process for that as well? We'll have 24 points when we board, so we'll be at 25 points (Gold minimum) when we start that cruise. So will we get upgraded to Gold when we board?

So, while not as exciting, we will be moving up to Gold during our cruise in the fall. Is it the same process for that as well? We'll have 24 points when we board, so we'll be at 25 points (Gold minimum) when we start that cruise. So will we get upgraded to Gold when we board?

Yes.

Yes that is exactly what happened to us. One day left, we were gold at the beginning of the cruise.!!!

I am going to turn Platinum three days into my cruise in May. We have FTTF , after reading this thread, I thought that I wouldn't need it..so I called Carnival and the rep that I spoke with said that I won't be treated as such until the day that I officially become Platinum. She said I need to request my Platinum card at that time?

not true, you will get VIP boarding passes and you can cancel your FTTF and save $60. CCL reps don't always know all the rules. This just happened to us and we were afforded all the perks of Platinum.

I am going to turn Platinum three days into my cruise in May. We have FTTF , after reading this thread, I thought that I wouldn't need it..so I called Carnival and the rep that I spoke with said that I won't be treated as such until the day that I officially become Platinum. She said I need to request my Platinum card at that time?

Call back and you will most likely get the correct answer. We turn platinum on our next cruise and have told by our pvp that we will be platinum when we board.

We're scheduled on a b2b in 2018 and will turn platinum on 2nd leg. PVP informed me we would get our platinum cards and privileges for 2nd leg, but not the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is because, you are taking two separate cruises, even thought it is a B2B.

Andy

Super Stoked.... as our 10 day Med cruise will take me to 25 days total. So I get the amazing GOLD benefits of the free drink and a snazzy pin on this cruise. Baby steps.... gonna slowly make my way up, but every bit helps and no matter what WE ARE CRUISING!!

I feel the same way!! :D

I'll be turning Platinum during my next cruise as well. But my niece who is rooming with me will still be Gold. I believe that she will be able to check in with me, but I assume she won't be able to board with me. Correct? Or does she get lucky and gets to board with me and we can avoid buying FTTF? (And yes, it is worth it to us to buy it.)

I'll be turning Platinum during my next cruise as well. But my niece who is rooming with me will still be Gold. I believe that she will be able to check in with me, but I assume she won't be able to board with me. Correct? Or does she get lucky and gets to board with me and we can avoid buying FTTF? (And yes, it is worth it to us to buy it.)

Your priority boarding status is good for anyone in your cabin. She does not need FTTF.

That is because, you are taking two separate cruises, even thought it is a B2B.

Andy

Totally incorrect. Turning Platinum on the second leg means you will have it on the first leg also. You will see this when you print your boarding pass and luggage tags that they will both say PRIORITY even without buying FTTF. We just went through this on our November B2B turning Platinum on the second leg.

We're scheduled on a b2b in 2018 and will turn platinum on 2nd leg. PVP informed me we would get our platinum cards and privileges for 2nd leg, but not the first.

Print your boarding pass and luggage tags and notice they have platinum PRIORITY on them for both legs.

We were in the same situation on our last cruise. We did get our Platinum cards when we boarded for the first leg. Call them back,we spoke with 3 different reps before we got the response we wanted.

She can board and debark with you. She'll also be able to get on the tender with you. She will not get the gift or party invite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app