Cabin service only once a day??

jealdaka

You keep posting over and over about the poor workers and how hard they work. Are you this concerned about everyone you come in contact with? I find it amusing how people act like cruise ship workers are children with no choice but to work long hours for slave wages.

And again you post over and over about how it is wrong to ask for twice a day service. But you fail to understand that isn't the stewards choice. If the company says you have the option for once or twice then you can pick twice. Simple. The company says it's an option and that's all that matters.

You can continue to tell people it's wrong and that we should all pity the workers but that won't change the fact that carnival says everyone has a choice.

Very well said.

You keep posting over and over about the poor workers and how hard they work. Are you this concerned about everyone you come in contact with? I find it amusing how people act like cruise ship workers are children with no choice but to work long hours for slave wages.

And again you post over and over about how it is wrong to ask for twice a day service. But you fail to understand that isn't the stewards choice. If the company says you have the option for once or twice then you can pick twice. Simple. The company says it's an option and that's all that matters.

You can continue to tell people it's wrong and that we should all pity the workers but that won't change the fact that carnival says everyone has a choice.

Thank you for saying that. So tired of seeing the same arguments from this poster.

I was just told that Carnival only does cabin service once a day now in the morning. Does that mean there is no turn down service at night? What about doing the upper bunks at night?

Just back from thew Breeze business as usual service twice a day.

*applause* Thank you! Nowhere in any cruise documentation did it ever mention twice a day stateroom service. Not in the contracts, not online, not anywhere. Ever. I still have the pdfs of cruise contracts from years ago. They are all complaining about something that was never promised in the first place. All this talk about cutting tips is just them throwing a tantrum which only sticks it to the little guy. Going from 20 to 35 rooms is a 75% increase in workload! We had a 15 page thread expressing outage over $1 increase in a measly pack of water, but a 75% increase in backbreaking work for the people who make your cruise wonderful is acceptable? WTH?

Frankly I don't care if they service my room 1X or 20X a day. I only care about the room being clean, neat, and being stocked on ice, toilet paper, tissues, fresh/dry towels. If the room isn't maintained to a certain standard it is going to negatively impact my enjoyment. That's the bottom line.

I remember when this came out and everyone said how nice, they are giving stewards time off. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Yep. Permanently. Go write a letter to Carnival about what they have done and spare the rest of us the guilt trip, I am sure you have not and will not do so. I didn't fire any stewards and increase the workload of the rest. :rolleyes:

Why is Carnival messing with a proven winning formula?

Frankly I don't care if they service my room 1X or 20X a day. I only care about the room being clean, neat, and being stocked on ice, toilet paper, tissues, fresh/dry towels. If the room isn't maintained to a certain standard it is going to negatively impact my enjoyment. That's the bottom line.

I remember when this came out and everyone said how nice, they are giving stewards time off. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Yep. Permanently. Go write a letter to Carnival about what they have done and spare the rest of us the guilt trip, I am sure you have not and will not do so. I didn't fire any stewards and increase the workload of the rest. :rolleyes:

I hope they stop the trial, given these threads etc, and hopefully big ship responses, where this is going on..with the "both" being nebulous.....and will ask about my ship should next one be Carnival..how things are on that...it will be a deciding factor.

Yeah that crosses the line when some state they wish to lighten the workload of the stewards. Huh?! Did they think some would be actually getting a break? Some permanently?

Yeah that crosses the line when some state they wish to lighten the workload of the stewards. Huh?! Did they think some would be actually getting a break? Some permanently?

Yes, some here really thought they'd keep the same staff level and just give everyone more time off to sleep or have recreation. What?! Notgonnahappen.com This is clearly a move to cut staff, cut associated costs, and transfer the lower service level to the guests because so many won't do or say anything about it. And if those who "know better" go elsewhere, that's more room for cruise newbies who will be wowed with once a day.

So like I said; I don't care how many times they service the room. Ultimately what matters to me is my vacation experience. I just don't see one servicing per day meeting my expectations. And I won't hold my breath for a new card to arrive any time soon as the 'second' version of the comfort matters card now being shown by people coming back from trips has an 11/15 version control code on it. So those were printed 4 months ago...

Yes, some here really thought they'd keep the same staff level and just give everyone more time off to sleep or have recreation. What?! Notgonnahappen.com This is clearly a move to cut staff, cut associated costs, and transfer the lower service level to the guests because so many won't do or say anything about it. And if those who "know better" go elsewhere, that's more room for cruise newbies who will be wowed with once a day.

So like I said; I don't care how many times they service the room. Ultimately what matters to me is my vacation experience. I just don't see one servicing per day meeting my expectations. And I won't hold my breath for a new card to arrive any time soon as the 'second' version of the comfort matters card now being shown by people coming back from trips has an 11/15 version control code on it. So those were printed 4 months ago...

I have not seen one fact posted of any evidence at all of any staff action. In terms of cutting costs, all cruise lines do it, jump over to the RCCL or NCL board and read on. While I have sailed nether in the last two years (close, but no cigar on Oasis), they seem even more unhappy.

Lastly, I asked earlier for current (mark that bold) cruisers on the trial ships so we can put hoggy's posts to bed about calling his main agenda topic a liar. Once we establish that he will have to move on to another lie topic on his agenda.

Sorry ! I thought you were looking for the numbers on cabins the stewards service.

I just could not make the reference from that post number. If I sounded offensive to you it was not the intent. I now see the post you were referring me to, thanks, I did we that. I was questioning some of the logic with the poster before me yesterday. We just got off the Sunshine in Feb and I had a conversation with our room steward (in fact with another room steward as well together) and I asked them how many rooms they serviced. Their answer was 32 and 35 (have no idea why there were 2 numbers). The each did have an assistant. I was making the point that assuming they did not lie to me, that is what was commented on moving to.

Haha, moderators must have removed a post somewhere between 1-74. It used to be #75. My bad !

Interesting on Sunshine. Is that one of the test ships with the new forms ? I know there are several, but don't know which ships without looking it up. Feeling too lazy this Sunday morning to do that. :)

Haha, moderators must have removed a post somewhere between 1-74. It used to be #75. My bad !

Interesting on Sunshine. Is that one of the test ships with the new forms ? I know there are several, but don't know which ships without looking it up. Feeling too lazy this Sunday morning to do that. :)

No it's not, frankly I a very interesting conversation with both stewards. There view is that it's a job. The biggest obstacle is waiting on people to exit so they an clean (they understand it's their vacation). Might be let of the reason for the options although that will be slammed her I am sure.

FWIW, friend just got off the Pride 3/17 and she stated she never had to complete the form and received twice service without asking. So who knows if it is even being tested to all guests ship-wide, or maybe steward is ignoring in hopes of increase tip or not having tip reduced for reduced service.

Gonna do that multi-quote separation thing to razzle dazzle you this morning.

I have not seen one fact posted of any evidence at all of any staff action.

What would you personally accept as evidence. Some room stewards are telling guests they have upwards of 35 rooms to service. If true, does that not mean a reduction in overall housekeeping staff? If you don't accept this as evidence, are you saying the forum members are lying, or are the onboard staff telling those tall tales and sob stories to pump for more cash tips?

In terms of cutting costs, all cruise lines do it, jump over to the RCCL or NCL board and read on.

And?

While I have sailed nether in the last two years (close, but no cigar on Oasis), they seem even more unhappy.

Who seem more unhappy? Guests? Housekeeping staff? And how is this meaningful in the context of the topic of this thread?

We're talking about cabin service. So let's talk about it then. RCI charges $12.95 per person/per day for standard category services. NCL charges $13.50 per person/per day for standard category services. Carnival charges $12 per person/per day for standard category services.

Who is the least expensive here? Carnival. They earn that point. But until now all three lines have largely provided roughly very similar services at that price point. Carnival is now looking to significantly alter (I'll refrain from "reduce") one of the main guest interaction points; the de facto face of Carnival, their room attendant staff. This is someone who has a LOT of control and power over a positive guest experience. And since the guest is the one paying the bulk of that salary, it makes even less sense to me why reduce it.

Lastly, I asked earlier for current (mark that bold) cruisers on the trial ships so we can put hoggy's posts to bed about calling his main agenda topic a liar. Once we establish that he will have to move on to another lie topic on his agenda.

And people posting from Trial ships are posting forms different than the one JG posted as a graphics file mockup. Twice I have said the newest version shown as a mockup would be great when and if it makes it on to ships.

Seems to me you have different standards for what you are willing to accept as far as what is evidence vs what evidence is. I've not seen any evidence that Hog is lying at all. If you can furnish some, I'll consider it. As for his agenda, I see no agenda. If you want to attribute these characteristics to someone else, have some support for your positions.

Sometimes calling it like it is doesn't make someone a liar with an agenda. It just means that something is called out objectively on what it is.

Spending a few grand on a vacation I don't want to return to my room to full trash can or an ice bucket full of water even if I can somehow do some mental gymnastics and half convince myself that somehow the cruise fare is lower than it would have been if Carnival hadn't reduced their standard services. Is this really a radical or offensive opinion???

FWIW, friend just got off the Pride 3/17 and she stated she never had to complete the form and received twice service without asking. So who knows if it is even being tested to all guests ship-wide, or maybe steward is ignoring in hopes of increase tip or not having tip reduced for reduced service.

Exactly. They will learn real quick if tips are reduced, even at the mere hint once a day service, they won't even attempt to do such, unless they can start correctly identifying their victims. "Lady, eyes has 85 cabens chew cleans"

Gonna do that multi-quote separation thing to razzle dazzle you this morning.

What would you personally accept as evidence. Some room stewards are telling guests they have upwards of 35 rooms to service. If true, does that not mean a reduction in overall housekeeping staff? If you don't accept this as evidence, are you saying the forum members are lying, or are the onboard staff telling those tall tales and sob stories to pump for more cash tips?

And?

Who seem more unhappy? Guests? Housekeeping staff? And how is this meaningful in the context of the topic of this thread?

We're talking about cabin service. So let's talk about it then. RCI charges $12.95 per person/per day for standard category services. NCL charges $13.50 per person/per day for standard category services. Carnival charges $12 per person/per day for standard category services.

Who is the least expensive here? Carnival. They earn that point. But until now all three lines have largely provided roughly very similar services at that price point. Carnival is now looking to significantly alter (I'll refrain from "reduce") one of the main guest interaction points; the de facto face of Carnival, their room attendant staff. This is someone who has a LOT of control and power over a positive guest experience. And since the guest is the one paying the bulk of that salary, it makes even less sense to me why reduce it.

And people posting from Trial ships are posting forms different than the one JG posted as a graphics file mockup. Twice I have said the newest version shown as a mockup would be great when and if it makes it on to ships.

Seems to me you have different standards for what you are willing to accept as far as what is evidence vs what evidence is. I've not seen any evidence that Hog is lying at all. If you can furnish some, I'll consider it. As for his agenda, I see no agenda. If you want to attribute these characteristics to someone else, have some support for your positions.

Sometimes calling it like it is doesn't make someone a liar with an agenda. It just means that something is called out objectively on what it is.

Spending a few grand on a vacation I don't want to return to my room to full trash can or an ice bucket full of water even if I can somehow do some mental gymnastics and half convince myself that somehow the cruise fare is lower than it would have been if Carnival hadn't reduced their standard services. Is this really a radical or offensive opinion???

Wow four quotes in one reply, I am impressed. I am replying from my iPhone so I can't do what you do but will try (at least somewhat). I really can't comment on whether it is cutback or not (the expanded service). Is it more cabins to service sure. There is also two people. I am not saying anyone is lying, just what we experience.

My point in mentioning the other cruise lines is their is an overall emphasis on profitability and it is across all lines and perceived differently by cruisers across the lines.

I don't know that it is a mockup or not. He says it is the form, I will take his word on that and hat is why I asked if a current cruiser could support that.

Totally disagree, I can give tons of posts to support that poster has a def agenda. We can move on with this point.

Lastly, we will choose twice a day (when we sail on a shop that has the form) and even if not presented with the form I have 100% confidence that I will get that level of service.