Cabin service only once a day??

jealdaka

You can still get services that used to be automatic but now you have to request Turn-down service, robes, ice, and on some ships the minibar set up. The steward should greet you on the first day and have a card where he checks off those options and also for extra hangers, pillows, or blankets.

Just off the Triumph where the options were discussed with us. Our cabin chose once a day and got late morning (our request). WE had towel animals and all - for me it was perfect. My daughter's cabin had a trundle bed so she got service twice a day to clean and put the trundle away and then to set the trundle up for bed time. We could have had what ever we wanted.

Just off the Triumph where the options were discussed with us. Our cabin chose once a day and got late morning (our request). WE had towel animals and all - for me it was perfect. My daughter's cabin had a trundle bed so she got service twice a day to clean and put the trundle away and then to set the trundle up for bed time. We could have had what ever we wanted.

On some ships you can easily get both but on some such as the Dream they will strongly encourage you to pick once a day

I was just told that Carnival only does cabin service once a day now in the morning. Does that mean there is no turn down service at night? What about doing the upper bunks at night?

John Heald says twice. He is wrong on many things.

Some ships, including Dream and Triumph, are testing a new program. Your steward gives you a card, on which you select your preferences. This includes whether you want morning or evening service. According to Carnival, you can still request both services by checking both boxes. However, it has been repeatedly reported that SOME stewards on these ships are telling guests that they can only have one daily room service.

Carnival spokesman John Heald has been stating since fall that the cards will be changed to clarify that "both" is an option; however, that change has not happened yet.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

I was just told that Carnival only does cabin service once a day now in the morning. Does that mean there is no turn down service at night? What about doing the upper bunks at night?

We just returned from a week on the Pride. Our steward asked us the first day if we wanted the cabin serviced in the AM or PM. I would be okay with once a day, preferably in the evening, but DH chose both AM and PM. I think one day we slept in for a while, and the steward only did the evening turndown; I was fine with that. We requested robes and also ice and both were delivered.

After reading these posts I think I do not care about the change, a hotel only services once a day unless you are in a very high end expensive hotel, I really would not put Carnival in this class. I probably would prefer morning so I do not have to look at an unmade bed all day, I can pull the covers down at night and put the towels back on the rack until the morning.

I understand, from a different web source, that if you do not fill out the card at all you will automatically get traditional twice a day service.

Can anyone confirm or refute this info?

Oh my. Can't wait for John to answer this one AGAIN on face book. The service can be whatever you want. Check both boxes or better yet talk to your steward and tell him exactly what you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can still get services that used to be automatic but now you have to request Turn-down service, robes, ice, and on some ships the minibar set up. The steward should greet you on the first day and have a card where he checks off those options and also for extra hangers, pillows, or blankets.

Yea that's what happened to us on the Liberty 7-Feb. That day we meant our room steward. Now he told us, that he'd be in twice A day! I also asked for more pillows and if he'd make sure we had Ice everyday morning and night and he did! We had zero issues, he was on the ball.

Yea that's what happened to us on the Liberty 7-Feb. That day we meant our room steward. Now he told us, that he'd be in twice A day! I also asked for more pillows and if he'd make sure we had Ice everyday morning and night and he did! We had zero issues, he was on the ball.

I prepay my autotips and when I see the cabin steward the 1st day, I hand him/her an extra $10 and request daily ice, extra pillows and NO towel animals (I've seen them all, why waste time.)

Never have a problem. Always get ice twice a day.

After reading these posts I think I do not care about the change, a hotel only services once a day unless you are in a very high end expensive hotel, I really would not put Carnival in this class. I probably would prefer morning so I do not have to look at an unmade bed all day, I can pull the covers down at night and put the towels back on the rack until the morning.

This is a good point as hotels service your room in the morning usually and you never see housekeeping again unless you request something. I have gotten spoiled with a clean room day and night so I will opt in for am and pm.

Just off the Dream last Sunday- 3 days ago. Steward introduced himself (Jono, Cove balcony 2248) and asked me if I wanted 'morning or evening'. I said I'd like both. He replied "Miss, you may not know, I used to have 26 cabins to take care of and now I have 35. I cannot do everyone." As I commiserated with him about the amount of work, he said this would probably be his last contract with Carnival...

Continued to press him a bit for 'both' and he said OK- grudgingly. Did get service 2X a day but didn't get ice a couple of days. Sigh.

So you CAN get service but expect to be 'shamed' into it.

I don't think John Heald knows about that part...

It was obvious which cabins had 'morning only' service at about 6pm- those cabins got the next day's Funtimes put in their mailboxes. Looked like 35-40% had chosen 'morning only'.

I feel bad for the cabin stewards. I'm sure there will be fewer "extra" tips at the end of the cruise since they won't be doing as much for each cabin and won't be as visible as previously. They will probably also have to take on additional cabins. They are the most overworked people on the ship. I hope this doesn't happen but I'd bet it will.

Just off the Dream last Sunday- 3 days ago. Steward introduced himself (Jono, Cove balcony 2248) and asked me if I wanted 'morning or evening'. I said I'd like both. He replied "Miss, you may not know, I used to have 26 cabins to take care of and now I have 35. I cannot do everyone." As I commiserated with him about the amount of work, he said this would probably be his last contract with Carnival...

Continued to press him a bit for 'both' and he said OK- grudgingly. Did get service 2X a day but didn't get ice a couple of days. Sigh.

So you CAN get service but expect to be 'shamed' into it.

I don't think John Heald knows about that part...

It was obvious which cabins had 'morning only' service at about 6pm- those cabins got the next day's Funtimes put in their mailboxes. Looked like 35-40% had chosen 'morning only'.

If they are asking for a choice, why press for both? Good grief they have basically double the workload and instead of being sympathetic, you still press to get your own way despite it being a known policy change. ***. These poor stewards are doing the best they can. I don't see it as him "shaming" you into anything, it was the poor man pleading for a little compassion.

Ugh.

I feel bad for the cabin stewards. I'm sure there will be fewer "extra" tips at the end of the cruise since they won't be doing as much for each cabin and won't be as visible as previously. They will probably also have to take on additional cabins. They are the most overworked people on the ship. I hope this doesn't happen but I'd bet it will.

30 or so cruises with Carnival and also morning and evening service and we tip accordingly.

If service becomes once daily why would we tip the same? Feel bad for stewards but dont think we will pay for something we stopped getting?

We pay these stewards salary. If I want service twice I should not have to listen to the stewards complaints

The COMPANY made it known in writing they are changing things. You aren't listening to the stewards complaints, they are just reiterating what the COMPANY already stated in writing. You are obviously one of those that looks at people in the service industry as beneath you.

If they are asking for a choice, why press for both? Good grief they have basically double the workload and instead of being sympathetic, you still press to get your own way despite it being a known policy change. ***. These poor stewards are doing the best they can. I don't see it as him "shaming" you into anything, it was the poor man pleading for a little compassion.

Ugh.

How many people have bosses who keep expecting more out of you Will customers expect less service?

Sorry but dont think we should just be sheep and go along and be satisfied with less service.