Visas for India

CincyAL

The following communication is going out...

"Hello, this is Azamara Club Cruises. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your November 3rd, 2016 voyage onboard Azamara Journey sailing from Dubai, UAE. A Multiple-Entry Indian Visa is required for this voyage for all nationalities. Please note that Indian E-visas are not valid for entry via sea port. A traditional tourist visa stamped in to the passport is required. This visa needs to be obtained prior to the voyage - it cannot be obtained once onboard. Also, all guests are required to have three (3) photo copies of their passport.

U.S. and Canadian citizens can obtain customized visa information and instructions by visiting VisaCentral's website at VisaCentral.com/AzamaraClubCruises or calling 1-800-579-2261. Guests from outside the U.S. and Canada should contact the Embassy (Consular Services) or the visa service of your choice for specific visa requirements, information, forms and fees based on your nationality.

If you have any further questions please call us at 877-999-9553 for North America guests. All other guests please visit https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/contact-us for additional contact numbers.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Azamara Journey soon."

Edited by BBMacLaird

Not if the embassy said and EVisa was OK!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, you may opening a cab of worms, see the past quest roll call 15/4/16, I was on that cruise, you need a FULL Indian visa, e visa are only for entry by air and can be used for port entry. Get a single or Multi entry full visa depending on your ports of call.. Bonnie is right we just put Azamara Club Cruises, Miami and their phone number.

Edited by aussie travel bird

eTV is valid for entry through 16 designated Airports i.e. Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin,

Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanasi. However, the foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.

This answers your question using an e-Visa via seaports.:)

Past passengers advised to to use the port authority as a reference. I e-mail to Azamara and has been given the following:

Address: Baxi & Co., Godrej Coliseum Phase -801 C Wing, Behing

Everard, Mumbai India 400022

Phone Number: 91 22 24035131

Email Address: rmcruises@jmbaxi.com

It worked well, we already got our visas.

I have cancelled my cruise from Dubai to Singapore because I found the process of getting a visa for India tiring and time consuming. To go to this process to visit for some hours two ports is not something I think is worth it.

Maybe one day we will able to enter with o group visa from the ship or with an electronic visa. Or maybe Azamara would skip the Indian ports and replace them with others who make it easier for cruise passengers. I think Sri Lanka is more receptive and welcoming. Maybe I am wrong.

I have cancelled my cruise from Dubai to Singapore because I found the process of getting a visa for India tiring and time consuming. To go to this process to visit for some hours two ports is not something I think is worth it.

Maybe one day we will able to enter with o group visa from the ship or with an electronic visa. Or maybe Azamara would skip the Indian ports and replace them with others who make it easier for cruise passengers. I think Sri Lanka is more receptive and welcoming. Maybe I am wrong.

That's a shame, travelberlin. I hope you'll sail with us on another cruise sometime.

Re. skipping the Indian ports...the west coast of India is a long stretch to travel if making no stops. My DH&I sailed it last November. Indeed Sri Lanka was easier to enter; but that is only one stop along the route.

That's a shame, travelberlin. I hope you'll sail with us on another cruise sometime.

Re. skipping the Indian ports...the west coast of India is a long stretch to travel if making no stops. My DH&I sailed it last November. Indeed Sri Lanka was easier to enter; but that is only one stop along the route.

Thanks Bonnie☺️ I have two cruises booked with Azamara and planning to book more if the itineraries call my attention. Only India is for me not on the plan...

It's actually not too bad. The form isn't as bad as it looks as long as you make sure you have all the info needed before you start. We have applied 3 times. First time you had to go to an Indian High Commission office - we drove from Yorkshire to Birmingham, but now you can post the application and your passport, using special envelopes from the post office. Ours came back within a week, and we got texts when they received our application and when they posted the passports back to us. We didn't use an agency, we did it direct with the Indian High Commission, on the website they direct you to.

It's actually not too bad. The form isn't as bad as it looks as long as you make sure you have all the info needed before you start. We have applied 3 times. First time you had to go to an Indian High Commission office - we drove from Yorkshire to Birmingham, but now you can post the application and your passport, using special envelopes from the post office. Ours came back within a week, and we got texts when they received our application and when they posted the passports back to us. We didn't use an agency, we did it direct with the Indian High Commission, on the website they direct you to.

Yes direct by post is the best method for India in the UK. Bonnie what might help is if Azamara issued early instructions on the answers that they hold the info for, like what is the address in India to use. Sometimes that's a scrabble to find

Thank you for the help everybody - especially the address to use in India, Gortvaan, and the reassurance that we can post our passports (with special envelope) rather than having to travel to London, Grandma Cruising. Fingers crossed for us now please!!