UDP - Is Ocean Blue included? Fis in general on NCL.

goldesq

I have the plan where 4 nights of specialty dining is included.

1) is Ocean Blue included as an option?

2) Can I eat there all 4 nights?

What are everyone's thoughts/ recommendations for the fish on NCL? Any not to miss dishes (that are not fried)?

OP: One significant thing to notice is that you do not have UDP but SDP (terms of which are linked above) - those two packages are not the same and they have different rules and inclusions/exclusions.

I made a reservation at Ocean Blue for my upcoming cruise -- my friends and I all have the Specialty Dining Package. It was a $15 upcharge per person with the SDP to eat at Ocean Blue. I decided we should splurge and try it!

:)

I have the plan where 4 nights of specialty dining is included.

1) is Ocean Blue included as an option?

2) Can I eat there all 4 nights?

What are everyone's thoughts/ recommendations for the fish on NCL? Any not to miss dishes (that are not fried)?

Yes, Ocean Blue is included with a $15 upcharge pp. You could eat there all four nights. See the link provided for a list of other places with upcharges.

We did not eat at Ocean Blue, but I loved the scallops at Le Bistro. Those traveling with us loved their lobster at Cagneys and Le Bistro.

• 1 year later...

So how does it work with the SDP and the up charge? Do you get to order anything (one entree) or is it restricted to one appetizer and one entree?

Just trying to figure out if the up charge is worth it. My dad loves his appetizers and usually orders more than one.

• 10 months later...

For the $15 upcahrge... if you make a reservation before the cruise, say 90 days out -

I assume you pay the $15 pp to a credit card (+ maybe tax etc)

If you wait to book Ocean Blue on board... would the $15 pp be available to be charge against OBC instead of to a CC if OBC is available?

Long story short I'm assuming if booking pre-cruise, you can't use OBC... but if booking once on board, the upcharge can be used against OBC - can anyone confirm if this is the case?

For the $15 upcahrge... if you make a reservation before the cruise, say 90 days out -

I assume you pay the $15 pp to a credit card (+ maybe tax etc)

If you wait to book Ocean Blue on board... would the $15 pp be available to be charge against OBC instead of to a CC if OBC is available?

Long story short I'm assuming if booking pre-cruise, you can't use OBC... but if booking once on board, the upcharge can be used against OBC - can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Yes you can use your OBC. Booking ahead of time you do get the Pick of dining times. If you have the dining plan and have made all your reservations, there will be no extra charge until you dine since Ocean Blue is ala carte. We usually pick four ala carte restaurants first and then pick Ocean Blue. We then cancel one of the restaurants when we board. That way we can use the OBC.

For the $15 upcahrge... if you make a reservation before the cruise, say 90 days out - I assume you pay the $15 pp to a credit card (+ maybe tax etc). If you wait to book Ocean Blue on board... would the $15 pp be available to be charge against OBC instead of to a CC if OBC is available? Long story short I'm assuming if booking pre-cruise, you can't use OBC... but if booking once on board, the upcharge can be used against OBC - can anyone confirm if this is the case?

First, you have replied to a old thread and the information in the thread is not correct and will cause confusion for anyone who reads it.

There is a $10 upcharge for dining at Ocean Blue.

You can book the restaurant 120 days before your cruise (130 if you are in the Haven).

You will be asked to pay for the upcharge at time of booking if you have a SDP and you have not used all of your SDP credits. If you do NOT have a SDP or you have already booked more restaurants than on your package, then there will be no upcharge.

OBC can be used On Board.

If you wait until you get on board, please make your reservations as soon as you embark, otherwise prime time reservations will be sold out. You can use any of the touch screen kiosks in public areas around elevators and the atrium, or proceed to Headliners/The Social to make your reservations as soon as you embark.