Help - How to Upload Photo for Anthem Online Checkin

I was trying to complete my online check-in last night for my Anthem cruise and RCI asked for a photo upload. This is the first time I've come across this. What kind of photo do they want - I'm assuming a head shot? What size photo do they want - how can I get a photo to that size to fit in the box? Can someone provide guidance on how to upload a photo as I'm not understanding it. Thanks in advance for your help.

We did it for the Quantum let year. Almost any head shot picture will work. If you take one with your cell phone hold the phone vertically when taking or the picture will show sideways. I remember I had donloaded to my computer and then followed the directions, and except for having to redo my dh, as he was sideways one, it went smoothly. As others have said, if you don't do that step they will do it when you checkin at the port.

I have uploaded them before. However, this time I used the webcam on my laptop and took the photo. Super easy! They have some rules over what is acceptable (they tell you what they will accept). Primarily, it needs to be a head shot with only one person in the photo.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you do the online registration without the picture and then upload one at a later date? Our 90 day is coming up soon and my nephew is at college and won't be home before we need to do the registration. We want to do it as early as we can so we can get an early boarding time.

Can you do the online registration without the picture and then upload one at a later date? Our 90 day is coming up soon and my nephew is at college and won't be home before we need to do the registration. We want to do it as early as we can so we can get an early boarding time.

I don't know about uploading at a later date, but I do know that they can take the picture during check-in.

I don't know about uploading at a later date, but I do know that they can take the picture during check-in.

You can add a photo later after doing the online check in or like you mentioned have it taken at the check in for the cruise. One can even delete their current photo they previously uploaded and upload a new one if they want to. Basically RCI wants a from the front head and shoulder shot and they provide details when doing this. You can crop and center your photo while doing so. Like previously mentioned you can use a webcam or an existing shot to upload. It's super easy to do, just follow their instructions.

The instructions for what they want are on the web page. Basically, think of it as a passport photo. Take a head shot standing in front of a solid white or off white/neutral background. No sunglasses, no hat. Very easy to do. If you use your phone, just send the photo to yourself, save it to your computer, and then upload to RCI's site from there.

Yes, they'll do it for you at check in if you haven't uploaded one or the one you uploaded is not satisfactory. But it's really not hard to do yourself. And if you have a bunch of people in your party, it will save some time.

Unless it becomes mandatory, which it never will, I'm not downloading a photo for them......

You much prefer having your picture taken after perhaps an very early start and traveling a long distance to your cruise. Remember you'll see that shot taken at the port by an amateur with their iPad every time you get off and on the ship. :D

DW much prefers selecting her ship's ID photo and it makes checking in quicker and simpler. It takes perhaps a minute of you time and I use a crop head shot from one of our formal shots taken onboard by a professional photographer.

RadianceFormal01.jpg.9185bcbfec0d8b233f31653771200228.jpg

I spent too much time on it last year trying to get a correct photo and downloading it, when going on the Quantum. After all my tries, and getting an 'OK' from the website....they still took my pic at the pier. It took 3 seconds.

Not even going to try to pre-photo for my Anthem cruise. They do it with their Ipad at check in.

Think about it. There are many cruisers out there who don't have the technology. There has to be a back up.

Edited by Nhsaltshaker

I spent too much time on it last year trying to get a correct photo and downloading it, when going on the Quantum. After all my tries, and getting an 'OK' from the website....they still took my pic at the pier. It took 3 seconds.

Not even going to try to pre-photo for my Anthem cruise. They do it with their Ipad at check in.

Think about it. There are many cruisers out there who don't have the technology. There has to be a back up.

i

I really struggled to do mine for the Quantum, only to have it rejected at the pier and having the picture retaken. I don't have any white walls or sheets at home to make a background, so pier picture it will have to be.

I uploaded mine today. If you click on "upload photo" a pop-up opens showing what is acceptable, before it allows you to upload. Basically, a head shot in front of a white background. No one else can be in the picture with you. No full body shots.

Yes, I did just this. Checked in on line a month plus ago. Today, I went back in and clicked "edit" under profile and it brought me to the screen where you upload a photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk