WiFi On Indy, How Bad?

Ok, so I know Indy won't get the new Voom WiFi until late next year with their Renovation. (I also know that Liberty of the Sea's Wifi sucked badly in 2014 so)

..I am wondering, since Indy still uses the poor Wifi, if I buy the daily deal, will it be decent enough just so I can PM/IM on say Facebook? That is all I would be doing, lot's of chatter via FB Chat. Any ideas?

I wonder if it has anything to do with where the ship happens to be?...I've been on Liberty twice within a few months of each other in the caribbean then the western med and reception (speed) was like night and day.

From following threads on CC on this topic over the last few months (we travel on Indy in May) it appears that the Wi-Fi is ok for sending messages, so I think Facebook would be fine, but you cannot stream anything or use video messages.

On the ship there will be better hotspots and times of day than others.

It was ok to send messages, IF you could connect. We had the two device package, and could only get one to connect half the time. We got a full refund. It was better first thing in the morning. As more people logged on it got worse.

Ok, so I know Indy won't get the new Voom WiFi until late next year with their Renovation. (I also know that Liberty of the Sea's Wifi sucked badly in 2014 so)

..I am wondering, since Indy still uses the poor Wifi, if I buy the daily deal, will it be decent enough just so I can PM/IM on say Facebook? That is all I would be doing, lot's of chatter via FB Chat. Any ideas?

Don't even bother ... even the service in their own Internet Café area stunk ... took us a ridiculous amount of time just to check in for our flight home ...

Don't waste your money .. and RC should be embarrassed for even charging people for this crap service.

Peeker28 I am sailing March 31 on Indy and flying out of Chicago on Southwest? Who are u sailing with and etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am on the cruise right before you (March 26th). We fly out of Chicago but we didn't use Southwest this time, American was cheaper even when you factor in the baggage fees.

Don't even bother ... even the service in their own Internet Café area stunk ... took us a ridiculous amount of time just to check in for our flight home ...

Don't waste your money .. and RC should be embarrassed for even charging people for this crap service.

Think in terms of 10/15 year ago dial up speeds-- My wife says the internet speeds on the non Vroom ships is just like teaching a Pig To sing--

It is tough to do and irritates the Pig!

I will buy 1 day...test it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Be prepared to ask for your money back. We were on in October and it was horrible. As others have mentioned, some days you can't even get on at all. They credited us a couple of days but later gave full refund because it was completely useless.

I'm on the 3/31 sailing and probably going to get the 2 device wifi package. It's DH and myself and our two kids. I'm guessing I'd go with the 2 device package mostly because my 14 year old son really wants to have a device, but I've heard that streaming anything is worthless. I guess it will also be nice for him to have wifi access so I can iMessage him when the kids are around the ship and we need to check in. I mostly want it for myself for FB and messaging. I'll be curious to see how worthless the wifi is. And I'll be prepared to ask for a refund - ha!

I'm on the 3/31 sailing and probably going to get the 2 device wifi package. It's DH and myself and our two kids. I'm guessing I'd go with the 2 device package mostly because my 14 year old son really wants to have a device, but I've heard that streaming anything is worthless. I guess it will also be nice for him to have wifi access so I can iMessage him when the kids are around the ship and we need to check in. I mostly want it for myself for FB and messaging. I'll be curious to see how worthless the wifi is. And I'll be prepared to ask for a refund - ha!

I think you will be fine with simple messaging. If you start trying to upload photos with a message, you might be waiting a long time.