breakfast the last day

mominhouston

What time does breakfast start the last day. I know it depends on your seating time for dinner (main or Late). But curious with each what is the earliest time they serve. And is there any other option even to grab something small. Thank you!

What time does breakfast start the last day. I know it depends on your seating time for dinner (main or Late). But curious with each what is the earliest time they serve. And is there any other option even to grab something small. Thank you!

Main seating (early dinner) generally has breakfast at 6:45, while Second seating (late dinner) has breakfast at 8:00.

The buffet is also open that morning, closes at 8:00. Not sure when they open.

Also pay attention if you are sailing West to East across a time zone on the last day (eg Alaska). All those hours are bumped up one hour earlier!

I like the 2nd feeding as I can sleep in.

Main seating (early dinner) generally has breakfast at 6:45, while Second seating (late dinner) has breakfast at 8:00.

The buffet is also open that morning, closes at 8:00. Not sure when they open.

In my experience, second seating is 8:00 or 8:15--generally one dining room has the later time. Your dining room assignment is based on where you had dinner the last night. Service is rapid with a limited menu--but the menu has improved greatly from what was available 10 years ago. This is one area where DCL has improved the food situation.

Again, my experience only, the buffet served 7:00-8:30. You could sit there and eat until 9:00, but the food line was taken down promptly at 8:30. Beverage station remains open until 9:00.

Edited by moki'smommy

Just returned, and they want you to eat in the dining room. While the buffet is opened, they do not mention that in the daily program for the last morning-

Disney can improve the last morning schedule and communications

Just returned, and they want you to eat in the dining room. While the buffet is opened, they do not mention that in the daily program for the last morning-

This has always been the case. They don't care where you eat, provided that you are completely out of your cabin by 8 and off the ship by 9. They have never publicized the buffet....but it is there and is a great alternative if you don't like your assigned time.

In my experience' date=' second seating is 8:00 or 8:15--generally one dining room has the later time. Your dining room assignment is based on where you had dinner the last night. Service is rapid with a limited menu--but the menu has improved greatly from what was available 10 years ago. This is one area where DCL has improved the food situation.

Again, my experience only, the buffet served 7:00-8:30. You could sit there and eat until 9:00, but the food line was taken down promptly at 8:30. Beverage station remains open until 9:00.[/quote']

My experience is the same as yours. Since we either go back to WDW or take a later flight, we're rarely in a rush to disembark and stay until they kick us off (kicking and screaming, I might add). The nice thing about doing that is your luggage is really easy to find in the terminal :D

Just got off the Dream yesterday - Cabanas buffet opened at 6.30am and no they don't advertise that. We ate there and it was limited compared to normal days but still a very good selection. Went to get DW coffee at 5.30ish am and drinks station outside Cabanas was up and running. Our scheduled breakfast was 8am and we wanted to walk off earlier than that.

Found out about Cabanas the last day a few cruises ago and since we have early dining we love being able to sleep in just a bit longer on that last day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On my one DCL cruise, I remember reading about the buffet being opened on the last day, limited hours. Since we were being picked up, we ate at our "assigned" time, then walked right off the ship.

As I recall, the Departure Day information sheet we got listed all the MDRs and the breakfast times, including the buffet. I also recall that our server the night before, besides mentioning what time breakfast would be in "our" dining room, told us the buffet would be open.

This is a helpful thread, thanks. Another question - my family of 4 (2 kids) is sailing with my parents. My mom has a hard time moving around with arthritis, and we all have early dinner seating. She would like to have breakfast on the last morning in the dining room to avoid walking too much in the buffet, but it's very hard for her to be up that early. If we arrived at the dining room at say, 7:30am instead of 6:15, would we still be served breakfast?

This is a helpful thread, thanks. Another question - my family of 4 (2 kids) is sailing with my parents. My mom has a hard time moving around with arthritis, and we all have early dinner seating. She would like to have breakfast on the last morning in the dining room to avoid walking too much in the buffet, but it's very hard for her to be up that early. If we arrived at the dining room at say, 7:30am instead of 6:15, would we still be served breakfast?

Just talk to your head server about attending the late seating time for breakfast. We've had no problems switching. You may not get "your" servers, but you can eat at the later time. Just showing up late for your assigned seating can throw off the service.

messages crossed while I typed so 'like they said . . . '

when a dining room is doing two sittings ... to arrive at an 'off' time is difficult if not impossible to accommodate.

However I'd be willing to bet that if you show up for the late seating you WILL be seated .... many will have opted for the buffet or nothing to be 'first off', so tables will be available

As I recall the last breakfast (nor any other day's dining room breakfast) we were not seated at OUR table (by table number), rather they just filled tables as folks arrived.

Edited by Capt_BJ

messages crossed while I typed so 'like they said . . . '

when a dining room is doing two sittings ... to arrive at an 'off' time is difficult if not impossible to accommodate.

However I'd be willing to bet that if you show up for the late seating you WILL be seated .... many will have opted for the buffet or nothing to be 'first off', so tables will be available

As I recall the last breakfast (nor any other day's dining room breakfast) we were not seated at OUR table (by table number), rather they just filled tables as folks arrived.

The last morning, we've always been seated at "our" table with "our" servers. Even the one time we asked to switch to late from early, we got our same table with the same servers.

Yes, breakfast in the MDR at any other time during the cruise, they just seat you somewhere, as your server may not be on that rotation for breakfast.

No, you can't do this. There are two distinct seating times on the last day; you must show up at one of those times. They literally close the dining room (briefly) in between to get ready for the next influx.

What you CAN do is to talk to your head server. He will make every effort to place you at the late seating (8:00 or 8:15) time. He will try, but cannot promise a table with your same servers. IF a family with late seating lets him know that they won't be at breakfast or need an early time, it will be perfect. If not, he'll find you a table elsewhere in the dining room.

I think the reason they do not advertize the buffet for breakfast is that it would slow down the percentage of Guests that would be ready to leave the ship earlier rather than later.

With around 50% eating earlier, and around 50% later in assigned restaurants, it paces out the service and demand placed on the crew. The more people that want off the ship the latest they can, that demand could increase the amount of Guests staying on later if they know and chose the buffet option?

ex techie

This is just an option, but maybe you could eat in the MDR at the early breakfast seating, and afterwards collect some breakfast from the buffet for your mom to have in the room before you leave your Stateroom at 8am?

ex techie

I think the reason they do not advertize the buffet for breakfast is that it would slow down the percentage of Guests that would be ready to leave the ship earlier rather than later.

With around 50% eating earlier, and around 50% later in assigned restaurants, it paces out the service and demand placed on the crew. The more people that want off the ship the latest they can, that demand could increase the amount of Guests staying on later if they know and chose the buffet option?

ex techie

This might be the reason, but I'm not sure. There are those people who want to be off ASAP. That's part of the reason for the self-disembarkation option.

People have different plans after leaving the ship. There are those who either have a flight that might be earlier than recommended or have a full day of activities planned--Space Center, WDW, etc. They want to get off and be on their way. Then there are those with later flights and a long day of sitting around the airport who might want to stay on the ship as long as possible. If DCL didn't want people eating in the buffet, the solution would be simple. Just don't have it open. Or open only the "Goofy's Galley" feature (old name, I know). That would make more work for the dining room staff, but would solve the spacing issue. I honestly think that people spread themselves out fairly well. The buffet option allows some people to finish eating and be ready to disembark between the two seating.

It's the only reason I can think of that they would not make it more widely known as an option.

That and possibly more mess and areas to clean on the pool deck. But you are right in saying if they did not want to open it, they could easily do so.

A DCL mystery!

ex techie

Just got off the Dream yesterday - Cabanas buffet opened at 6.30am and no they don't advertise that. We ate there and it was limited compared to normal days but still a very good selection. Went to get DW coffee at 5.30ish am and drinks station outside Cabanas was up and running. Our scheduled breakfast was 8am and we wanted to walk off earlier than that.

Thanks. I'll have to check that if they have that on the Wonder. Normally, I skip breakfast because I always have second seating and I try to get off the ship as soon as possible.

Thanks. I'll have to check that if they have that on the Wonder. Normally, I skip breakfast because I always have second seating and I try to get off the ship as soon as possible.

It definitely happens on the Wonder in BBB. Goofy's Galley opens at 6:30 and BBB opens at 7:00. Typically, the earliest you can get off the ship is 7:30 or just a few minutes earlier, so you will still have time for a quick breakfast on the pool deck before you disembark.