Live from the Anthem

We are now on day 7. Does anyone have a question. So far, the weather has been perfect and no ports missed. We've eaten in Jaime's, chops, Grande, the Windjammer, American Icon and Chic and 270. The food has been pretty good but not many options for GF. We are in JS 9232 and have had major issues with noise throughout our room. The ship is pretty much full and they can't resolve the loud banging sounds. We've been talking to Guest Services daily and the only resolution is they give us a balcony stateroom to sleep in at night but it's 60 staterooms away from us. We tried, earplugs, a fan, the TV and white noise but still can't sleep. At least we will have a room to sleep in that is quiet. Other than that, our stateroom and huge balcony is awesome. Weren't impressed with the Cabernet show and left in the middle of it. Didn't go to We will rock you because comments weren't good but will go to the gift on day 10. We went to Maya Chan beach today and it was awesome. In Jamaica we did the ship excursion rafting and blue hole with lunch and it was so much fun. In Grand Cayman we went to Royal Palm beach and it was relaxing but expensive! Does anyone have any questions?

We are now on day 7. Does anyone have a question. So far, the weather has been perfect and no ports missed. We've eaten in Jaime's, chops, Grande, the Windjammer, American Icon and Chic and 270. The food has been pretty good but not many options for GF. We are in JS 9232 and have had major issues with noise throughout our room. The ship is pretty much full and they can't resolve the loud banging sounds. We've been talking to Guest Services daily and the only resolution is they give us a balcony stateroom to sleep in at night but it's 60 staterooms away from us. We tried, earplugs, a fan, the TV and white noise but still can't sleep. At least we will have a room to sleep in that is quiet. Other than that, our stateroom and huge balcony is awesome. Weren't impressed with the Cabernet show and left in the middle of it. Didn't go to We will rock you because comments weren't good but will go to the gift on day 10. We went to Maya Chan beach today and it was awesome. In Jamaica we did the ship excursion rafting and blue hole with lunch and it was so much fun. In Grand Cayman we went to Royal Palm beach and it was relaxing but expensive! Does anyone have any questions?

I have stayed in an interconnecting junior suite on deck 8 and did not have any noise issue. I know its inconvenient that you are sleeping in one room but have the junior suite to enjoy for the daytime. Since you are in a suite you can go to coastal kitchen. coastal was my favorite restaurant.

OP: really sorry about that noise issue! How awful that they can't figure out the source. I'm glad you have a quiet place to sleep, but it really should be in your own cabin.

Since you're in a JS, I hope you've had dinner at Coastal Kitchen. We thought it was wonderful. We ate there three times on the 8-night TA, it was that good. (And the food in the included venues on that sailing was mediocre or worse.)

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I have stayed in an interconnecting junior suite on deck 8 and did not have any noise issue. I know its inconvenient that you are sleeping in one room but have the junior suite to enjoy for the daytime. Since you are in a suite you can go to coastal kitchen. coastal was my favorite restaurant.

We also did Coastal kitchen. I'm sorry I forgot. We did the two buy one get ones and the three meal dining plg and also purchased the Chef's Table. We've never done it and thought why not. I hope it's worth the money. We are doing it I think on day 10. Agreed we can enjoy our large balcony and JS during the day and hopefully sleep tonight.

Did I mention we are having an awesome time. By the way, the roast beef at 270 is delicious and the macaroons at cafe promenade are so, so good!

OP: really sorry about that noise issue! How awful that they can't figure out the source. I'm glad you have a quiet place to sleep, but it really should be in your own cabin.

Since you're in a JS, I hope you've had dinner at Coastal Kitchen. We thought it was wonderful. We ate there three times on the 8-night TA, it was that good. (And the food in the included venues on that sailing was mediocre or worse.)

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I enjoyed the Coastal kitchen the one night we are there. We are going to Izumi and back to Chops again! The meal in Chops with by far the best yet. When we done three on the last night I'm having the Maine lobster!

I don't know the source of the noise in YOUR cabin, but the previous occupants of MY cabin found a solution, perhaps you would like to try it:

;)

IMG_0641_zps0du1dsoq.jpg

We are now on day 7. Does anyone have a question. So far, the weather has been perfect and no ports missed. We've eaten in Jaime's, chops, Grande, the Windjammer, American Icon and Chic and 270. The food has been pretty good but not many options for GF. We are in JS 9232 and have had major issues with noise throughout our room. The ship is pretty much full and they can't resolve the loud banging sounds. We've been talking to Guest Services daily and the only resolution is they give us a balcony stateroom to sleep in at night but it's 60 staterooms away from us. We tried, earplugs, a fan, the TV and white noise but still can't sleep. At least we will have a room to sleep in that is quiet. Other than that, our stateroom and huge balcony is awesome. Weren't impressed with the Cabernet show and left in the middle of it. Didn't go to We will rock you because comments weren't good but will go to the gift on day 10. We went to Maya Chan beach today and it was awesome. In Jamaica we did the ship excursion rafting and blue hole with lunch and it was so much fun. In Grand Cayman we went to Royal Palm beach and it was relaxing

but expensive! Does anyone have any questions?

My husband hates to dress up. I was told one of the dining rooms ( one of the free ones) is formal every night. Can he get away with chinos snd a sports jacket? We are going to Canada in Sept out of NY on Anthem. Thanks

Pam and Ed

Port St Lucie fl and Monroe Townahip NJ

My husband hates to dress up. I was told one of the dining rooms ( one of the free ones) is formal every night. Can he get away with chinos snd a sports jacket? We are going to Canada in Sept out of NY on Anthem. Thanks

Pam and Ed

Even though we really like dressing up we know others don't. Your husband will be fine! Enjoy!

Pam and Ed

"Get away with it"?

Yes.

Feel free to disrespect the only room on the entire ship that asks you to dress up.

Ok, I don't really care myself, but that is what you are saying and what you are asking.

They ask that men wear a jacket. If you do not have one, they will provide (a probably ill-fitting) one.

So, yes, you do not have to wear formalwear. A jacket for the man is the minimum that they request. If your husband is willing to wear that, you will be ushered to your table without a word.

We looked up and did a double take..........

but the room was quiet!!! :D

Can't wait to show the hubby what to do tonight. Anything for a good night sleep! I'm desperate. Have sailed over 20 times and most in suites and have never had an issue until now! I'm so tired I need a drink.

I have wondered if others haven't closed their balcony door all the way (banging noise).

On the Quantum, I noticed things quieted down when the air conditioner was a top priority in their cabin. In other words, if you don't turn the handle to the correct position, the a/c doesn't work. Simply sliding the door shut won't engage it.

"Get away with it"?

Yes.

Feel free to disrespect the only room on the entire ship that asks you to dress up.

Ok, I don't really care myself, but that is what you are saying and what you are asking.

They ask that men wear a jacket. If you do not have one, they will provide (a probably ill-fitting) one.

So, yes, you do not have to wear formalwear. A jacket for the man is the minimum that they request. If your husband is willing to wear that, you will be ushered to your table without a word.

I prefer this answer: Don't step foot in the formal restaurant if you don't want to dress up. Pretty simple to understand, yes?

JS cabins are not considered a full suite and therefore you can only make reservations for dinner at CK.

I have wondered if others haven't closed their balcony door all the way (banging noise).

On the Quantum, I noticed things quieted down when the air conditioner was a top priority in their cabin. In other words, if you don't turn the handle to the correct position, the a/c doesn't work. Simply sliding the door shut won't engage it.

It's not a keeping the balcony door issue its a flawed design of the partitions. Maintenance has come up to the room several times to try and fix it. Unfortunately the ship is still under warranty and the German company that built the ship will have to fix it. Maintenance tried wd40 but unfortunately didn't work at all!

It's not a keeping the balcony door issue its a flawed design of the partitions. Maintenance has come up to the room several times to try and fix it. Unfortunately the ship is still under warranty and the German company that built the ship will have to fix it. Maintenance tried wd40 but unfortunately didn't work at all!

If that is the case, they solved 99 percent of the noise in the first three days.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks for providing the room #.

We'll be sailing on the Anthem in June and we are still trying to decide whether or not to purchase the drink package. Have they offered any drink package specials during your cruise, i.e. purchase for a day, or a drink card? We can't wait to try out the ship. Hope you're having a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app